Mavs Take Third Straight against Thunder with Stifling 4-1 Win
INDEPENDENCE, Mo. - The Kansas City Mavericks (9-9-2-0 won their third consecutive game against the Wichita Thunder Friday night at Silverstein Eye Centers Arena by the final score of 4-1. Ryan Van Stralen scored in his third straight game and Mavericks goaltender Tyler Parsons stopped 24 of 25 shots en route to his second win of the season.
-Mavericks rookie forward Ryan Galt (1) got his first goal as a Maverick at the 6:58 mark of the first period. Forward Michael Parks picked up an assist on the goal.
-The Mavs doubled their lead to 2-0 on a goal from David Dziurzynski (3) at 8:08 of the opening frame. Forward Ryan Van Stralen and defenseman Justin Woods assisted on the goal.
-The Mavericks outshot the Thunder 11-8 in the period.
-Mavericks forward Tad Kozun (4) pushed the KC lead to 3-0 at the 7:39 mark of the second period. Defenseman Cliff Watson and Woods assisted on the goal.
-Beau Starret (9) got Wichita on the board with a goal at the 8:39 mark. Cameron Hebig assisted on the goal.
-The Mavericks outshot the Thunder 8-6 in the period.
-Ryan Van Stralen netted an empty-net goal with 1:39 remaining in regulation. The goal was unassisted.
Notes & Streaks
-The Mavericks won their third straight game, longest streak of the season. All three wins have come against Wichita.
-The Mavericks have outscored Wichita 14-6 in the last three games.
-Woods now has five assists in his last two games and leads the Mavericks with 12 on the season.
-Kozun has scored a goal in two consecutive games.
-Cliff Watson has assists in back to back games.
The Mavericks now host the Fort Wayne Komets Saturday night at 7:05 p.m. for Marvel Super Hero Night and annual Teddy Bear Toss. The Mavericks invite all fans in attendance to bring stuffed animals, preferably sealed in plastic, and throw them onto the ice after the Mavericks first goal in Saturday night's game. The bears and stuffed animals will be donated to HCA Midwest child life services and other local organizations who help children in need.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 6, 2019
- Mavs Take Third Straight against Thunder with Stifling 4-1 Win - Kansas City Mavericks
- Beast Flounder in Road Loss to Walleye - Brampton Beast
- Berschbach Reaches Century Mark as Walleye Defeat Beast - Toledo Walleye
- Three First Period Goals Too Much as Admirals Hop by Rabbits - Norfolk Admirals
- Thunder Begins Weekend with Loss in KC - Wichita Thunder
- Milner Stymies 'Blades in Series-Opening Setback - Florida Everblades
- Rays Put on Defensive Clinic in Shutout Performance - South Carolina Stingrays
- Windsor Leads Solar Bears to 3-1 Win over Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- Norfolk's Early Surge Too Much for Swamp Rabbits - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Glads Mauled by Solar Bears in 3-1 Loss - Atlanta Gladiators
- K-Wings' Fast Start Erased in Wheeling - Kalamazoo Wings
- Elmer's Second Hat Trick Beats Adirondack in Overtime - Maine Mariners
- Hats off for Hawkins in 6-2 Nailers Win - Wheeling Nailers
- Thunder Battle Back But Fall in Overtimeto Mariners, 5-4 - Adirondack Thunder
- Growlers Score 6 Goals in the Third to Dump Worcester 7-5 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Railers up Big Early But Fall Late in Newfoundland - Worcester Railers HC
- ECHL Transactions - December 6 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- Game Preview: Utah at Rapid City December 6th - Utah Grizzlies
- Preview: 'Blades Take on Stingrays, Aim to Close Division Deficit - Florida Everblades
- Ty Lewis and Tim McGauley Returns to Grizzlies Roster - Utah Grizzlies
- Game Notes: vs Utah - Rapid City Rush
- Mariners Donate over 1500 Pounds to South Portland Food Cupboard - Maine Mariners
- Growlers Sign Parker Gahagen to ECHL Contract - Newfoundland Growlers
- Allen Americans Game Capsule - Allen Americans
- Thunder Announce Pair of Roster Moves - Adirondack Thunder
- Forward Artem Ivanyuzenkov Loaned to Norfolk from AHL's San Jose Barracuda - Norfolk Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Kansas City Mavericks Name Head Coach Tad O'Had as General Manager
- Kansas City Mavericks Announce Protected List
- Kansas City Mavericks Announce Partnership with Whataburger
- Mavericks Beat Thunder in Final Game of Season
- Mavericks Take Down Tulsa Friday Night, 4-3