Growlers Sign Parker Gahagen to ECHL Contract
St. John's - The Newfoundland Growlers, proud affiliate of the Toronto Maple Leafs, announced today that they have signed goaltender Parker Gahagen to a standard ECHL player contract.
Gahagen, a 26-year-old Amherst, New York native, appeared in 6 games this season with the Evansville Thunderbolts of the Southern Professional Hockey League where he has compiled a 2.63 goals-against average and .909 save percentage with a record of 3-2-1. He appeared in 5 games with the American Hockey League's San Joes Barracuda during the 2017-18 season where he recorded a 2-2 record with a 3.95 goals-against average and .847 save percentage.
Parker spent four years playing for the United States Military Academy in NCAA Division I hockey. He graduated after 110 games with a 40-49-16 record and a .926 save percentage. During his time at West Point, he posting five shut outs his senior year, in addition to a .934 save percentage, a 2.00 goals-against average, and a 17-13-4 record. He earned a Hobey Baker nomination for the top player in the NCAA and was a semifinalist for the Mike Richter Award for the most outstanding Division I goaltender.
The Newfoundland Growlers take on the Worcester Railers tonight at Mile One Centre, Puck drop is 7:00 p.m. Newfoundland time. For tickets visit the Mile One Centre Box, purchase by phone at 576-7657 or online at mileonecentre.com.
Images from this story
Goaltender Parker Gahagen with the United States Military Academy
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 6, 2019
- Mavs Take Third Straight against Thunder with Stifling 4-1 Win - Kansas City Mavericks
- Beast Flounder in Road Loss to Walleye - Brampton Beast
- Berschbach Reaches Century Mark as Walleye Defeat Beast - Toledo Walleye
- Three First Period Goals Too Much as Admirals Hop by Rabbits - Norfolk Admirals
- Thunder Begins Weekend with Loss in KC - Wichita Thunder
- Milner Stymies 'Blades in Series-Opening Setback - Florida Everblades
- Rays Put on Defensive Clinic in Shutout Performance - South Carolina Stingrays
- Windsor Leads Solar Bears to 3-1 Win over Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- Norfolk's Early Surge Too Much for Swamp Rabbits - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Glads Mauled by Solar Bears in 3-1 Loss - Atlanta Gladiators
- K-Wings' Fast Start Erased in Wheeling - Kalamazoo Wings
- Elmer's Second Hat Trick Beats Adirondack in Overtime - Maine Mariners
- Hats off for Hawkins in 6-2 Nailers Win - Wheeling Nailers
- Thunder Battle Back But Fall in Overtimeto Mariners, 5-4 - Adirondack Thunder
- Growlers Score 6 Goals in the Third to Dump Worcester 7-5 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Railers up Big Early But Fall Late in Newfoundland - Worcester Railers HC
- ECHL Transactions - December 6 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- Game Preview: Utah at Rapid City December 6th - Utah Grizzlies
- Preview: 'Blades Take on Stingrays, Aim to Close Division Deficit - Florida Everblades
- Ty Lewis and Tim McGauley Returns to Grizzlies Roster - Utah Grizzlies
- Game Notes: vs Utah - Rapid City Rush
- Mariners Donate over 1500 Pounds to South Portland Food Cupboard - Maine Mariners
- Growlers Sign Parker Gahagen to ECHL Contract - Newfoundland Growlers
- Allen Americans Game Capsule - Allen Americans
- Thunder Announce Pair of Roster Moves - Adirondack Thunder
- Forward Artem Ivanyuzenkov Loaned to Norfolk from AHL's San Jose Barracuda - Norfolk Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.