Forward Artem Ivanyuzenkov Loaned to Norfolk from AHL's San Jose Barracuda
NORFOLK, VA - The Norfolk Admirals of the ECHL officially announced today they have received forward Artem Ivanyuzenkov (EYE-ven-YO-Shehn-kov) on a loan from the San Jose Barracuda in the American Hockey League (AHL). The Barracuda are AHL affiliates of the NHL's San Jose Sharks.
Ivanyuzenkov, 6-foot-3, 225lbs, joins the Admirals after starting the season with the Barracuda, then was sent down to the Orlando Solar Bears (ECHL) on October 29. After eight days in Orlando, the Podolsk, Russia native was called back up by the Barracuda. Ivanyuzenkov ended up playing in just one game with the Barracuda before being loaded to the Admirals on Friday.
The 21-year old rookie is coming off a 2018-19 Clark Cup championship with the Sioux Falls Stampede in the United States Hockey League (USHL). Ivanyuzenkov's first season in the United States was 2017-18 and he registered 83 total points in 115 career games with Sioux Falls.
In six different tournaments that dates back to 2013, Ivanyuzenkov has won three medals in his career with Team Russia (one gold, one silver, one bronze).
The Admirals are back in action at Norfolk Scope tonight (12.6) and Saturday against the Greenville Swamp Rabbits. Tonight's theme is Nickelodeon Night, while Saturday night will be Star Wars Night. Tickets are available for purchase via the Norfolk Scope Box Office or Ticketmaster.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 6, 2019
- Mavs Take Third Straight against Thunder with Stifling 4-1 Win - Kansas City Mavericks
- Beast Flounder in Road Loss to Walleye - Brampton Beast
- Berschbach Reaches Century Mark as Walleye Defeat Beast - Toledo Walleye
- Three First Period Goals Too Much as Admirals Hop by Rabbits - Norfolk Admirals
- Thunder Begins Weekend with Loss in KC - Wichita Thunder
- Milner Stymies 'Blades in Series-Opening Setback - Florida Everblades
- Rays Put on Defensive Clinic in Shutout Performance - South Carolina Stingrays
- Windsor Leads Solar Bears to 3-1 Win over Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- Norfolk's Early Surge Too Much for Swamp Rabbits - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Glads Mauled by Solar Bears in 3-1 Loss - Atlanta Gladiators
- K-Wings' Fast Start Erased in Wheeling - Kalamazoo Wings
- Elmer's Second Hat Trick Beats Adirondack in Overtime - Maine Mariners
- Hats off for Hawkins in 6-2 Nailers Win - Wheeling Nailers
- Thunder Battle Back But Fall in Overtimeto Mariners, 5-4 - Adirondack Thunder
- Growlers Score 6 Goals in the Third to Dump Worcester 7-5 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Railers up Big Early But Fall Late in Newfoundland - Worcester Railers HC
- ECHL Transactions - December 6 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- Game Preview: Utah at Rapid City December 6th - Utah Grizzlies
- Preview: 'Blades Take on Stingrays, Aim to Close Division Deficit - Florida Everblades
- Ty Lewis and Tim McGauley Returns to Grizzlies Roster - Utah Grizzlies
- Game Notes: vs Utah - Rapid City Rush
- Mariners Donate over 1500 Pounds to South Portland Food Cupboard - Maine Mariners
- Growlers Sign Parker Gahagen to ECHL Contract - Newfoundland Growlers
- Allen Americans Game Capsule - Allen Americans
- Thunder Announce Pair of Roster Moves - Adirondack Thunder
- Forward Artem Ivanyuzenkov Loaned to Norfolk from AHL's San Jose Barracuda - Norfolk Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Norfolk Admirals Stories
- Norfolk Admirals Announce Partnership with Violent Gentlemen Hockey Club
- Admirals Bring Aboard Rookie Forward Gagnon
- Admirals Announce NHL Affiliation with Carolina Hurricanes
- Admirals Sign Talented Defenseman Robertson
- Admirals Ink Tough Veteran Forward Collins