Allen Americans Game Capsule
Last 10: 6-2-2-0
ALLEN TEAM LEADERS
Goals: Gabe Gagne, 11
Assists: Spencer Asuchak, 13
Points: Gabe Gagne, 20
+/-: Alex Guptill, +15
PIM: Spencer Asuchak, 24
Last 10: 4-5-0-1
IDAHO TEAM LEADERS
Goals: Wil Merchant, 10
Assists: Marc-Olivier Roy, 18
Points: Marc-Olivier Roy, 21
+/-: Ondrej Vala, +6
PIM: Colton Saucerman, 46
Allen Americans (15-4-2-0; 32 pts) at Idaho Steelheads (11-8-2-2; 26 pts)
The Allen Americans and Idaho Steelheads are meeting for the 5th time this season. Allen is 3-1-0 against Idaho. In Allen's only loss to Idaho this season, the Americans blew a 3-0 lead. The Steelheads are under .500 in their last 10 games, with a record of 4-5-0-1. Tonight, is the second of the three games this week between the two teams.
Last Game - Allen Americans:
The Allen Americans jumped out to a 4-1 lead after the first period, and defeated the Idaho Steelheads 6-4 on Wednesday night at CenturyLink Arena. Gabe Gagne and Olivier Archambault combined for seven points to lead the way in the Allen win. The victory moved the Americans to the top of the league with 32 points.
Allen forward Alex Guptill and rookie defenseman Jack Sadek are two of the top players in the league in the category of plus/minus. The two combined are a +28 (Alex Guptill +15 and Jack Sadek +13)
Allen Americans Rookie Defenseman Jack Sadek was named co-recipient of the Plus Performer of the Month for November.
Tonight, is the second of five meetings between Allen and Idaho this month, in Boise.
Alex Guptill has points in six of his last eight games (6 goals and 3 assists).
Idaho has lost three straight home games
Wil Merchant leads Idaho with 10 goals.
Idaho is being outscored 22 to 15 in the first period this season
The Allen Americans waived forward Regan Nagy on Thursday. Nagy played in two games for Allen this season and had 0 points.
Kayle Doetzel did not make the road trip to Idaho. He remains back in Allen dealing with an upper body injury.
Images from this story
Allen Americans face off with the Idaho Steelheads
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 6, 2019
- Mavs Take Third Straight against Thunder with Stifling 4-1 Win - Kansas City Mavericks
- Beast Flounder in Road Loss to Walleye - Brampton Beast
- Berschbach Reaches Century Mark as Walleye Defeat Beast - Toledo Walleye
- Three First Period Goals Too Much as Admirals Hop by Rabbits - Norfolk Admirals
- Thunder Begins Weekend with Loss in KC - Wichita Thunder
- Milner Stymies 'Blades in Series-Opening Setback - Florida Everblades
- Rays Put on Defensive Clinic in Shutout Performance - South Carolina Stingrays
- Windsor Leads Solar Bears to 3-1 Win over Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- Norfolk's Early Surge Too Much for Swamp Rabbits - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Glads Mauled by Solar Bears in 3-1 Loss - Atlanta Gladiators
- K-Wings' Fast Start Erased in Wheeling - Kalamazoo Wings
- Elmer's Second Hat Trick Beats Adirondack in Overtime - Maine Mariners
- Hats off for Hawkins in 6-2 Nailers Win - Wheeling Nailers
- Thunder Battle Back But Fall in Overtimeto Mariners, 5-4 - Adirondack Thunder
- Growlers Score 6 Goals in the Third to Dump Worcester 7-5 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Railers up Big Early But Fall Late in Newfoundland - Worcester Railers HC
- ECHL Transactions - December 6 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- Game Preview: Utah at Rapid City December 6th - Utah Grizzlies
- Preview: 'Blades Take on Stingrays, Aim to Close Division Deficit - Florida Everblades
- Ty Lewis and Tim McGauley Returns to Grizzlies Roster - Utah Grizzlies
- Game Notes: vs Utah - Rapid City Rush
- Mariners Donate over 1500 Pounds to South Portland Food Cupboard - Maine Mariners
- Growlers Sign Parker Gahagen to ECHL Contract - Newfoundland Growlers
- Allen Americans Game Capsule - Allen Americans
- Thunder Announce Pair of Roster Moves - Adirondack Thunder
- Forward Artem Ivanyuzenkov Loaned to Norfolk from AHL's San Jose Barracuda - Norfolk Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.