Marlies Announce 2018-19 Home Opener
The Toronto Marlies announced today the hockey club will open their 2018-19 season at home on Monday, October 8, 2018 against the Cleveland Monsters. The 3:00 p.m. game on Thanksgiving Monday will feature the raising of the franchise's first Calder Cup championship banner.
The full regular season schedule will be released on Wednesday, July 11.
This will be Toronto's first meeting against Cleveland following the team's move from the Western Conference's Central Division. Toronto will face Cleveland eight times throughout the season as the most recent addition to the North Division. The Marlies last game against the then Lake Erie Monsters was a 4-3 overtime win on April 8, 2016.
Marlies 2018-19 Season Ticket Memberships start as low as $16 per seat and some of the main benefits include a complimentary 18-person luxury suite, 50% off underground parking and access to the Ticket Exchange Program. Visit Marlies.ca/Season-Ticket-Memberships to purchase and receive a free AHL official 2018 Calder Cup Championship hat.
For single game tickets, fans are encouraged to register to become a Marlies Insider at Marlies.ca/Insider for ticket presale access and to stay up to date with all Marlies ticketing and team news.
The Toronto Marlies are the 2017-18 Calder Cup Champions and the primary development program for the Toronto Maple Leafs.
The Toronto Maple Leafs roster at the end of their regular season featured 13 players who were developed by the Marlies (Tyler Bozak, Connor Brown, Connor Carrick, Travis Dermott, Jake Gardiner, Zach Hyman, Andreas Johnsson, Nazem Kadri, Kasperi Kapanen, Leo Komarov, Josh Leivo, William Nylander and Morgan Rielly).
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from July 10, 2018
- Barracuda Sign Forward Jeffrey Viel and Defenseman Thomas Gregoire - San Jose Barracuda
- IceHogs to Host Texas Stars in 2018-19 Home Opener Saturday, October 13 - Rockford IceHogs
- Admirals Sign Brian Cooper to AHL Deal - Milwaukee Admirals
- San Antonio Rampage Announce Date for 2018-19 Regular Season Home Opener - San Antonio Rampage
- Roadrunners to Open 2018-19 with I-8 Border Rivalry Game - Tucson Roadrunners
- American Hockey League Announces 2018-19 Home Openers - AHL
- Senators to Host Devils in 2018-19 Home-Opener - Belleville Senators
- Iowa Wild Announces 2018-19 Home Opener - Iowa Wild
- Thunderbirds to Host Lehigh Valley in Home Opener October 13 - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Marlies Announce 2018-19 Home Opener - Toronto Marlies
- Colorado to Face Chicago in 2018-19 Regular Season Opener - Colorado Eagles
- Amerks Will Open 63rd AHL Season at Home against Charlotte on Friday, October 5 - Rochester Americans
- Devils to Host Toronto Marlies in Home Opener - Binghamton Devils
- Ontario Reign Home Opener on October 12 - Ontario Reign
- Hershey Bears to Host Syracuse in Home Opener on October 6 - Hershey Bears
- Texas Stars Announce Home Opener for 10th Anniversary Season - Texas Stars
- Penguins Begin 20th Season at Home on October 6 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- P-Bruins Announce 2018-19 Home Opener and Preseason Fanfest - Providence Bruins
- Wolves Reveal Opponent for 25th Anniversary Season Home Opener - Chicago Wolves
- San Diego Gulls to Host Tucson Roadunners in Home Opener on October 12 - San Diego Gulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.