IceHogs to Host Texas Stars in 2018-19 Home Opener Saturday, October 13
ROCKFORD, Ill. - The Rockford IceHogs today announced they will host their 2018-19 home opener on Saturday, Oct. 13 against the Texas Stars at 6 p.m. at the BMO Harris Bank Center. The contest is a rematch of last season's Western Conference Finals in which the IceHogs and Stars battled to a Game 6 in the 2018 Calder Cup playoffs.
Saturday's contest will also be fans' first chance to see the full IceHogs roster in action at home in the 2018-19 season. The IceHogs finished second in the Western Conference in home wins and third in winning percentage at home during the 2017-18 campaign.
As part of the festivities, the first 4,000 fans in attendance will receive a free IceHogs calendar, courtesy of Impact Networking. The calendar is complete with the Hogs' full schedule for the 2018-19 season and will be available to fans as they arrive at the BMO Harris Bank Center for Saturday's game.
The IceHogs will release their full 2018-19 regular-season schedule on Wednesday, July 11. The 2018-19 season is the Hogs' 20th season of professional hockey and 12th as the primary AHL affiliate of the Chicago Blackhawks. Overall, 106 IceHogs alumni have skated in the NHL since Rockford's inaugural season.
Season Tickets for 2018-19 on Sale Now:
Don't miss a moment of the action by reserving your seats for the IceHogs' 20th season of professional hockey in Rockford and 12th as the top AHL affiliate of the Chicago Blackhawks. The IceHogs' home opener is set for Oct. 13 and ticket packages begin as low as $105 for a seven-game mini pack. Please contact us at (815) 847-6399 or visit icehogs.com to claim your spots for this upcoming season.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from July 10, 2018
- Barracuda Sign Forward Jeffrey Viel and Defenseman Thomas Gregoire - San Jose Barracuda
- IceHogs to Host Texas Stars in 2018-19 Home Opener Saturday, October 13 - Rockford IceHogs
- Admirals Sign Brian Cooper to AHL Deal - Milwaukee Admirals
- San Antonio Rampage Announce Date for 2018-19 Regular Season Home Opener - San Antonio Rampage
- Roadrunners to Open 2018-19 with I-8 Border Rivalry Game - Tucson Roadrunners
- American Hockey League Announces 2018-19 Home Openers - AHL
- Senators to Host Devils in 2018-19 Home-Opener - Belleville Senators
- Iowa Wild Announces 2018-19 Home Opener - Iowa Wild
- Thunderbirds to Host Lehigh Valley in Home Opener October 13 - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Marlies Announce 2018-19 Home Opener - Toronto Marlies
- Colorado to Face Chicago in 2018-19 Regular Season Opener - Colorado Eagles
- Amerks Will Open 63rd AHL Season at Home against Charlotte on Friday, October 5 - Rochester Americans
- Devils to Host Toronto Marlies in Home Opener - Binghamton Devils
- Ontario Reign Home Opener on October 12 - Ontario Reign
- Hershey Bears to Host Syracuse in Home Opener on October 6 - Hershey Bears
- Texas Stars Announce Home Opener for 10th Anniversary Season - Texas Stars
- Penguins Begin 20th Season at Home on October 6 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- P-Bruins Announce 2018-19 Home Opener and Preseason Fanfest - Providence Bruins
- Wolves Reveal Opponent for 25th Anniversary Season Home Opener - Chicago Wolves
- San Diego Gulls to Host Tucson Roadunners in Home Opener on October 12 - San Diego Gulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rockford IceHogs Stories
- Chicago Acquires Calder Cup Champ Saarela in 4-Player Trade
- IceHogs Announce Six Prime Dates for 2019-20 Season
- Rockford Agrees to Terms with Forwards Coughlin & Ramsey
- Secure Your Seats For 2019-20 At Saturday's Garage Sale
- IceHogs Ink Defensemen McArdle & Osipov to AHL Deals