Admirals Sign Brian Cooper to AHL Deal
Milwaukee, WI - The Milwaukee Admirals announced today that the team has signed defenseman Brian Cooper to an American Hockey League contract for the 2018-19 season.
Cooper joins the Admirals after playing 40 games last season for the San Diego Gulls (AHL). The 24-year-old, who just finished his second pro season, tallied nine points last year, all coming from assists. Those nine points were one shy of the ten points (4G-6A) he posted in his rookie campaign with the Gulls in 16-17. The 5'10," 197-pound defenseman was drafted in the fifth round, 127th overall, by Anaheim in 2012.
Before turning pro, Cooper played four years at the University of Nebraska-Omaha where he led the club in +9 during his senior season. The Anchorage, AK native finished his college career 10th in Mavericks history in both penalty minutes, with 181, and plus/minus, at plus-19. Cooper joined the Gulls for five games upon the completion of his college career in 2015-16.
Cooper and the Admirals will play their home opener on Saturday, October 13 at 6 pm at Panther Arena, while the rest of the schedule will be released later this summer.
Season tickets for the 2018-19 campaign are on sale and start for as little as $135. For more information on season tickets fans should call the Admirals office at 414-227-0550 or log on to www.milwaukeeadmirals.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from July 10, 2018
- Barracuda Sign Forward Jeffrey Viel and Defenseman Thomas Gregoire - San Jose Barracuda
- IceHogs to Host Texas Stars in 2018-19 Home Opener Saturday, October 13 - Rockford IceHogs
- Admirals Sign Brian Cooper to AHL Deal - Milwaukee Admirals
- San Antonio Rampage Announce Date for 2018-19 Regular Season Home Opener - San Antonio Rampage
- Roadrunners to Open 2018-19 with I-8 Border Rivalry Game - Tucson Roadrunners
- American Hockey League Announces 2018-19 Home Openers - AHL
- Senators to Host Devils in 2018-19 Home-Opener - Belleville Senators
- Iowa Wild Announces 2018-19 Home Opener - Iowa Wild
- Thunderbirds to Host Lehigh Valley in Home Opener October 13 - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Marlies Announce 2018-19 Home Opener - Toronto Marlies
- Colorado to Face Chicago in 2018-19 Regular Season Opener - Colorado Eagles
- Amerks Will Open 63rd AHL Season at Home against Charlotte on Friday, October 5 - Rochester Americans
- Devils to Host Toronto Marlies in Home Opener - Binghamton Devils
- Ontario Reign Home Opener on October 12 - Ontario Reign
- Hershey Bears to Host Syracuse in Home Opener on October 6 - Hershey Bears
- Texas Stars Announce Home Opener for 10th Anniversary Season - Texas Stars
- Penguins Begin 20th Season at Home on October 6 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- P-Bruins Announce 2018-19 Home Opener and Preseason Fanfest - Providence Bruins
- Wolves Reveal Opponent for 25th Anniversary Season Home Opener - Chicago Wolves
- San Diego Gulls to Host Tucson Roadunners in Home Opener on October 12 - San Diego Gulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.