Lukosevicius Joins Griffins
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. - The Grand Rapids Griffins on Monday signed forward Jarid Lukosevicius (LOO-koh-SAVAGES) to an amateur tryout for the remainder of this season along with a two-year contract that will last through the 2020-21 season.
??Lukosevicius, 24, is coming off a four-year career at the University of Denver where he notched 105 points (62-43-105), a plus-47 rating and 75 penalty minutes in 158 games from 2015-19. The Pioneers advanced to this season's NCAA Frozen Four before falling to UMass in overtime. Lukosevicius was named the Frozen Four's Most Outstanding Player in 2017 after scoring all three of Denver's goals in the Pioneers' 3-2 national championship victory over Minnesota-Duluth, helping the program win their eighth national championship.
??As a senior, the 5-foot-10, 193-pound forward was named a finalist for the NCHC Forward of the Year after he posted team highs with 19 goals, 138 shots, seven game-winning goals and one shorthanded goal while tying for the team high with five power play goals and a plus-20 rating and placing third on the team with 29 points (19-10-29) in 40 games.
??Lukosevicius logged collegiate career highs with 21 goals and 34 points in 41 games as a junior in 2017-18, ranking second on the team in goals and fourth in scoring.
??Prior to college, the Squamish, British Columbia, native appeared in 116 games with the Powell River Kings of the British Columbia Hockey League from 2012-15, totaling 135 points (59-76-135) and 70 PIM. He finished sixth in the league in scoring with 73 (33-40-73) in 2014-15 and was named to the league's All-Rookie Team in 2013-14 after tying for 15th overall with 59 points (26-33-59).
??Fourth-seeded Grand Rapids will face division champion Chicago in the best-of-five Central Division Semifinals. Game 1 is set for this Friday at Chicago at 8 p.m. EDT.
Tickets for Games 3 and 4 (if necessary) of the division semifinals at Van Andel Arena are currently on sale and can be purchased at all Star Tickets locations, including The Zone, online through griffinshockey.com/tickets, by phone through Star Tickets at (800) 585-3737, or via the Griffins app for iPhone or Android.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 15, 2019
- Week 28 Report: Hogs Hit 80 Points as Season Comes to Close - Rockford IceHogs
- Wolves Insider: the Battle Begins - Chicago Wolves
- San Diego Gulls to Host Drive to the Playoffs on Tuesday, April 16 at Pechanga Arena San Diego - San Diego Gulls
- Heat Announce Six Game Dates for 2019/20 Season - Stockton Heat
- Brad McClure Rejoins Idaho for Playoffs - Texas Stars
- Lukosevicius Joins Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Keith McCambridge Relieved of Coaching Duties with Hartford Wolf Pack - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Riley Sutter Re-Assigned to Hershey - Hershey Bears
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Sabres, Bryson Agree to Entry-Level Deal - Rochester Americans
- Adventist Health Named Presenting Sponsor of 2019 Condors Playoffs - Bakersfield Condors
- Wolf Pack Weekly, April 15-21 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Mike Vellucci Named AHL's Outstanding Coach - Charlotte Checkers
- Charlotte's Mike Vellucci Wins AHL's Louis A.R. Pieri Memorial Award - AHL
- Monsters Playoff Schedule and Fan Information Announced - Cleveland Monsters
- Amerks Assign Five to Cincinnati - Rochester Americans
- Iowa's Andrew Hammond Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Iowa Wild Goaltender Andrew Hammond Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Iowa Wild
- Moose Release Hunter Fejes - Manitoba Moose
- Blue Jackets Recall Center Zac Dalpe from Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Comeback Stalls in Season Finale against Admirals - Rockford IceHogs
- San Diego Gulls Lead AHL in Attendance Again - San Diego Gulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.