Riley Sutter Re-Assigned to Hershey
(Hershey, PA) - The Washington Capitals announced today that the club has re-assigned forward Riley Sutter from the Everett Silvertips of the Western Hockey League to the Hershey Bears. The announcement was made by Washington's senior vice president and general manager Brian MacLellan.
Sutter, 19, collected 41 points (14 goals, 27 assists) in 38 games with Everett this season, finishing fifth on the team in scoring. He also appeared in three playoff games with the Silvertips, notching an assist.
The 6-foot-3, 210-pound forward helped Everett to the WHL Championship last season, skating alongside current Hershey center Garrett Pilon. Sutter tallied a career-high 53 points (25 goals, 28 assists) during the 2017-18 campaign, and also added 19 points (nine goals, 10 assists) in 21 playoff games. In 204 career WHL games with Everett, the Calgary native collected 137 points (60 goals, 77 assists) and 156 penalty minutes.
Sutter, the son of longtime NHL forward Ron Sutter, was selected in the 3rd round, 93rd overall, by the Capitals in the 2018 NHL Draft.
The Bears open the 2019 Calder Cup Playoffs presented by CJ's Tire and Automotive at the Bridgeport Sound Tigers for Game 1 on Friday, Apr. 19 at 7 p.m. and Game 2 on Saturday, Apr. 20 at 7 p.m. at the Webster Bank Arena. Hershey will host Game 3 on Tuesday, Apr. 23 at 7 p.m., and if necessary, Game 4 on Thursday, Apr. 25 at 7 p.m. Tickets to both games at Giant Center will go on sale, tomorrow, Tuesday, Apr. 15 at 10 a.m.Tickets will be available at the Giant Center Box Office, by calling 717-534-3911, and online at Ticketmaster.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 15, 2019
- Week 28 Report: Hogs Hit 80 Points as Season Comes to Close - Rockford IceHogs
- Wolves Insider: the Battle Begins - Chicago Wolves
- San Diego Gulls to Host Drive to the Playoffs on Tuesday, April 16 at Pechanga Arena San Diego - San Diego Gulls
- Heat Announce Six Game Dates for 2019/20 Season - Stockton Heat
- Brad McClure Rejoins Idaho for Playoffs - Texas Stars
- Lukosevicius Joins Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Keith McCambridge Relieved of Coaching Duties with Hartford Wolf Pack - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Riley Sutter Re-Assigned to Hershey - Hershey Bears
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Sabres, Bryson Agree to Entry-Level Deal - Rochester Americans
- Adventist Health Named Presenting Sponsor of 2019 Condors Playoffs - Bakersfield Condors
- Wolf Pack Weekly, April 15-21 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Mike Vellucci Named AHL's Outstanding Coach - Charlotte Checkers
- Charlotte's Mike Vellucci Wins AHL's Louis A.R. Pieri Memorial Award - AHL
- Monsters Playoff Schedule and Fan Information Announced - Cleveland Monsters
- Amerks Assign Five to Cincinnati - Rochester Americans
- Iowa's Andrew Hammond Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Iowa Wild Goaltender Andrew Hammond Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Iowa Wild
- Moose Release Hunter Fejes - Manitoba Moose
- Blue Jackets Recall Center Zac Dalpe from Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Comeback Stalls in Season Finale against Admirals - Rockford IceHogs
- San Diego Gulls Lead AHL in Attendance Again - San Diego Gulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Hershey Bears Stories
- Bears Weekly: Hershey One Win Away from Advancing
- Bears Push Sound Tigers to the Brink in Game 3 Win
- Bears Sign Forward Andrew Cherniwchan to PTO
- Game Preview: Sound Tigers at Bears, 7 p.m. (Atlantic Division Semifinals - Game 3)
- Capitals Re-Assign Goaltender Ilya Samsonov to Hershey