Blue Jackets Recall Center Zac Dalpe from Monsters
CLEVELAND - The AHL's Cleveland Monsters announced Monday that the team's NHL affiliate, the Columbus Blue Jackets, recalled forward Zac Dalpe from Cleveland. A 6'2", 194 lb. right-shooting native of Paris, ON, Dalpe, 29, posted one assist and a +1 rating in one appearance for the Blue Jackets this season and added 33-22-55 with 43 penalty minutes and a +17 rating in 55 appearances for Cleveland, leading the Monsters in goals (33), points (55) and power-play goals (10) this year.
Originally selected by the Carolina Hurricanes in the second round (45th overall) of the 2008 NHL Entry Draft, Dalpe supplied 12-13-25 with 36 penalty minutes and a -30 rating in 141 career NHL appearances for Carolina, the Vancouver Canucks, Buffalo Sabres, Minnesota Wild and Columbus spanning parts of nine seasons from 2010-19. In 360 AHL appearances for the Albany River Rats, Charlotte Checkers, Utica Comets, Rochester Americans, Iowa Wild and Cleveland spanning parts of ten seasons from 2010-19, Dalpe tallied 141-130-271 with 176 penalty minutes and a +18 rating. Dalpe was named to the 2010-11 AHL All-Rookie Team and was selected to participate in the 2019 AHL All-Star Classic.
Prior to his professional career, Dalpe contributed 34-36-70 with 44 penalty minutes and a +19 rating in 76 NCAA appearances for Ohio State spanning two seasons with the Buckeyes from 2008-10.
Next up for the Monsters, it's game one of the team's best-of-five game North Division Semi-Final Series vs. the Syracuse Crunch with full coverage, live from Onondaga County War Memorial Arena in Syracuse, NY, underway Friday at 7:00 p.m. on Alt 99.1, AHLTV and the Monsters Hockey Network.
The Monsters' first round Calder Cup Playoffs schedule with Syracuse (best of 5) is as follows:
Game 1 - Friday, April 19th - Cleveland at Syracuse- 7:00 p.m. at the Oncenter War Memorial Arena
Game 2 - Saturday, April 20th- Cleveland at Syracuse - 7:00 p.m. at the Oncenter War Memorial Arena
Game 3 - Tuesday, April 23rd - Syracuse at Cleveland - 7:30 p.m. EST at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse
-The first 5,000 Fans will receive a Playoff Rally Towel
*Game 4 - Thursday, April 25th - Syracuse at Cleveland- 7:00 p.m. EST at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse
- The first 5,000 Fans will receive a Playoff Rally Towel
*Game 5 - Saturday, April 27th - Cleveland at Syracuse- 7:00 p.m. at the Oncenter War Memorial Arena
* If necessary
For full Playoff information, visit Monsters Playoff Central - www.clevelandmonsters.com/playoffs
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 15, 2019
- Week 28 Report: Hogs Hit 80 Points as Season Comes to Close - Rockford IceHogs
- Wolves Insider: the Battle Begins - Chicago Wolves
- San Diego Gulls to Host Drive to the Playoffs on Tuesday, April 16 at Pechanga Arena San Diego - San Diego Gulls
- Heat Announce Six Game Dates for 2019/20 Season - Stockton Heat
- Brad McClure Rejoins Idaho for Playoffs - Texas Stars
- Lukosevicius Joins Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Keith McCambridge Relieved of Coaching Duties with Hartford Wolf Pack - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Riley Sutter Re-Assigned to Hershey - Hershey Bears
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Sabres, Bryson Agree to Entry-Level Deal - Rochester Americans
- Adventist Health Named Presenting Sponsor of 2019 Condors Playoffs - Bakersfield Condors
- Wolf Pack Weekly, April 15-21 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Mike Vellucci Named AHL's Outstanding Coach - Charlotte Checkers
- Charlotte's Mike Vellucci Wins AHL's Louis A.R. Pieri Memorial Award - AHL
- Monsters Playoff Schedule and Fan Information Announced - Cleveland Monsters
- Amerks Assign Five to Cincinnati - Rochester Americans
- Iowa's Andrew Hammond Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Iowa Wild Goaltender Andrew Hammond Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Iowa Wild
- Moose Release Hunter Fejes - Manitoba Moose
- Blue Jackets Recall Center Zac Dalpe from Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Comeback Stalls in Season Finale against Admirals - Rockford IceHogs
- San Diego Gulls Lead AHL in Attendance Again - San Diego Gulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cleveland Monsters Stories
- Blue Jackets Assign Forward Ryan MacInnis to Monsters
- Monsters Announce 2020-21 Training Camp Roster
- Cleveland Monsters Announce 2020-21 Regular-Season Schedule Presented by SeatGeek
- Monsters Announce Five Roster Additions
- Columbus Blue Jackets Announce Roster Moves Prior to Start of 2020-21 Season