Sabres, Bryson Agree to Entry-Level Deal
BUFFALO, N.Y. - The Buffalo Sabres today announced the team has signed defenseman Jacob Bryson to a three-year, entry-level contract. Bryson will sign an ATO and report to the Rochester Americans (AHL). The entry-level contract will begin starting with the 2019-20 season.
Bryson (5'9", 178 lbs., 11/18/1997) recently completed his junior season at Providence College, earning Hockey East Second Team All-Star honors after recording 28 points (4+24) in 42 games and serving as a team captain for the Friars. Bryson set new career highs in both assists and points in 2018-19 and recorded an assist in all three NCAA Tournament games to help lead his team to a Frozen Four appearance.
The London, Ontario native was the recipient of Hockey East's Len Ceglarski Sportsmanship Award in 2018 and 2019. Bryson also earned CCM/AHCA Second Team All-American honors at the conclusion of the 2018 season. He finished his collegiate career having recorded 73 points (11+62) in 121 games.
Bryson was selected by the Sabres in the fourth round (99th overall) of the 2017 NHL Draft.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 15, 2019
- Week 28 Report: Hogs Hit 80 Points as Season Comes to Close - Rockford IceHogs
- Wolves Insider: the Battle Begins - Chicago Wolves
- San Diego Gulls to Host Drive to the Playoffs on Tuesday, April 16 at Pechanga Arena San Diego - San Diego Gulls
- Heat Announce Six Game Dates for 2019/20 Season - Stockton Heat
- Brad McClure Rejoins Idaho for Playoffs - Texas Stars
- Lukosevicius Joins Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Keith McCambridge Relieved of Coaching Duties with Hartford Wolf Pack - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Riley Sutter Re-Assigned to Hershey - Hershey Bears
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Sabres, Bryson Agree to Entry-Level Deal - Rochester Americans
- Adventist Health Named Presenting Sponsor of 2019 Condors Playoffs - Bakersfield Condors
- Wolf Pack Weekly, April 15-21 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Mike Vellucci Named AHL's Outstanding Coach - Charlotte Checkers
- Charlotte's Mike Vellucci Wins AHL's Louis A.R. Pieri Memorial Award - AHL
- Monsters Playoff Schedule and Fan Information Announced - Cleveland Monsters
- Amerks Assign Five to Cincinnati - Rochester Americans
- Iowa's Andrew Hammond Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Iowa Wild Goaltender Andrew Hammond Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Iowa Wild
- Moose Release Hunter Fejes - Manitoba Moose
- Blue Jackets Recall Center Zac Dalpe from Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Comeback Stalls in Season Finale against Admirals - Rockford IceHogs
- San Diego Gulls Lead AHL in Attendance Again - San Diego Gulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.