Knights Drop Thursday's Contest to Stripers 4-0
(UPTOWN CHARLOTTE, NC) -- The Charlotte Knights dropped game three of their six-game series against the Gwinnett Stripers by a score of 4-0 on Thursday night from Truist Field.
RHP Mike Wright (0-1, 3.60) got the start for the Knights and was saddled with the loss despite a solid outing in his Charlotte debut. The East Carolina University product allowed two runs on five hits over five innings. He also tallied eight strikeouts on the evening.
Charlotte right fielder Gavin Sheets had one of the club's four hits on the evening. Sheets has hit safely in all three games this season with the Knights and is hitting a team-high .429 on the early season (6-for-14). Shortstop Matt Reynolds and first baseman Seby Zavala each recorded a double in the game. Center fielder Mikie Mahtook had Charlotte's other hit.
Gwinnett RHP Bryse Wilson (1-0, 0.00) allowed just four hits over five scoreless innings to earn the win. A total of four Gwinnett pitchers combined on the shutout.
Before the game, the Knights added outfielder Brian Goodwin to their active roster. He was recently signed by the Chicago White Sox.
The Knights will continue their six-game series on Friday night at 7:04 p.m. from Truist Field against the Gwinnett Stripers. RHP Félix Paulino is scheduled to get the start for the Knights against Gwinnett LHP Tucker Davidson. The "Voice of the Charlotte Knights" Matt Swierad and broadcaster Mike Pacheco will have the call for all of the action on 730 The Game ESPN Charlotte and CharlotteKnights.com. Gates for the game open at 6:00 p.m. on Friday night.
• Discuss this story on the Triple-A East League message board...
Triple-A East League Stories from May 6, 2021
- RailRiders Take Slugfest - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Liberatore Shines in Memphis Debut - Memphis Redbirds
- Deja Vu All over Again: Wings Lose in Walk-Off Fashion for 3rd Straight Game - Rochester Red Wings
- Durham Defeats Memphis 4-3 for Third Straight Win - Durham Bulls
- Poteet Fans Ten as Jumbo Shrimp Win Third Straight - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Chatham's walk-off in 10th gives IronPigs first ever 3-0 start - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Gutierrez Deals, Bats Erupt in 9-0 Rout of Clippers - Louisville Bats
- Knights Drop Thursday's Contest to Stripers 4-0 - Charlotte Knights
- WooSox Muster Four Hits in Road Defeat against Buffalo - Worcester Red Sox
- Sounds and Mud Hens Postponed in Toledo - Nashville Sounds
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (1-1) at Iowa Cubs (1-1) - Indianapolis Indians
- WooSox to Offer Single Game Tickets for First Homestead this Week - Worcester Red Sox
- Memphis Redbirds Updated Roster & Game Notes: May 6, 2021 - Memphis Redbirds
- May 6 Game Notes: Iowa vs. Indianapolis - Iowa Cubs
- Red Wings to Put Single-Game Tickets on Sale May 14 - Rochester Red Wings
- Sounds Begin 2021 Home Slate with 12-Game, 13-Day Double Homestand - Nashville Sounds
- Jumbo Shrimp, City of Jacksonville Agree to 121 Financial Ballpark Lease Extension - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Safety Protocols at Victory Field Implemented for Start of 2021 Season - Indianapolis Indians
- SWB RailRiders Game Notes - May 6, 2021 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Hager Hits Grand Slam, But Mets Fall to RailRiders, 7-5, on Wednesday Night - Syracuse Mets
- Gwinnett Stripers Announce Updates to Coolray Field for 2021 - Gwinnett Stripers
- Long Ball Gets Iowa First Win of 2021 - Iowa Cubs
- Home Runs Hand Indianapolis First Loss of 2021 - Indianapolis Indians
- Knights Beat the Stripers 9-6 to Earn First Win in 2021 - Charlotte Knights
- Wild Pitch secures win for the Pigs - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.