Chatham's walk-off in 10th gives IronPigs first ever 3-0 start
(Allentown, Pa) - The Lehigh Valley IronPigs (3-0) win their first three games of the season for the first time in team history as they defeat the Rochester Red Wings (0-3) 5-4 on Thursday evening. C.J. Chatham hit a walk-off RBI single against Ryne Harper (0-1) in the bottom of the 10th inning to give the Pigs' their third win.
The Red Wings got on the scoreboard first in the top of the first inning as Brandon Snyder hit a three-run home run off Bailey Falter to take a 3-0 lead.
The IronPigs were able to answer in the bottom of the second inning against Ben Braymer as Darick Hall hit a home run, his first at the triple-A level. Rafael Marchan scored on a fielder's choice and Cornelius Randolph scored on an error by Brandon Snyder to the the game at 3-3.
Rochester regained the lead 4-3 in the top of the third inning as Raudy Read hit an RBI double to score Gerardo Parra.
The IronPigs bullpen was strong as Damon Jones, Mauricio Llovera, and J.D. Hammer combined to strike out nine batters and allow just two base runners.
The teams played their second extra-inning game in three days and the IronPigs have won all three games on walk-offs.
The IronPigs and Red Wings play once again on Friday evening at Coca-Cola Park. First pitch is scheduled for 7:05 p.m.
Follow the IronPigs on Twitter at @IronPigs and like them on Facebook via www.facebook.com/LHVIronPigs.
The 2021 IronPigs season is presented by Capital BlueCross.
• Discuss this story on the Triple-A East League message board...
Triple-A East League Stories from May 6, 2021
- RailRiders Take Slugfest - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Liberatore Shines in Memphis Debut - Memphis Redbirds
- Deja Vu All over Again: Wings Lose in Walk-Off Fashion for 3rd Straight Game - Rochester Red Wings
- Durham Defeats Memphis 4-3 for Third Straight Win - Durham Bulls
- Poteet Fans Ten as Jumbo Shrimp Win Third Straight - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Chatham's walk-off in 10th gives IronPigs first ever 3-0 start - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Gutierrez Deals, Bats Erupt in 9-0 Rout of Clippers - Louisville Bats
- Knights Drop Thursday's Contest to Stripers 4-0 - Charlotte Knights
- WooSox Muster Four Hits in Road Defeat against Buffalo - Worcester Red Sox
- Sounds and Mud Hens Postponed in Toledo - Nashville Sounds
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (1-1) at Iowa Cubs (1-1) - Indianapolis Indians
- WooSox to Offer Single Game Tickets for First Homestead this Week - Worcester Red Sox
- Memphis Redbirds Updated Roster & Game Notes: May 6, 2021 - Memphis Redbirds
- May 6 Game Notes: Iowa vs. Indianapolis - Iowa Cubs
- Red Wings to Put Single-Game Tickets on Sale May 14 - Rochester Red Wings
- Sounds Begin 2021 Home Slate with 12-Game, 13-Day Double Homestand - Nashville Sounds
- Jumbo Shrimp, City of Jacksonville Agree to 121 Financial Ballpark Lease Extension - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Safety Protocols at Victory Field Implemented for Start of 2021 Season - Indianapolis Indians
- SWB RailRiders Game Notes - May 6, 2021 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Hager Hits Grand Slam, But Mets Fall to RailRiders, 7-5, on Wednesday Night - Syracuse Mets
- Gwinnett Stripers Announce Updates to Coolray Field for 2021 - Gwinnett Stripers
- Long Ball Gets Iowa First Win of 2021 - Iowa Cubs
- Home Runs Hand Indianapolis First Loss of 2021 - Indianapolis Indians
- Knights Beat the Stripers 9-6 to Earn First Win in 2021 - Charlotte Knights
- Wild Pitch secures win for the Pigs - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.