Inaugural Polar Park Pumpkin Patch Opens Monday to Celebrate October Baseball
WORCESTER, MA - October Baseball will be in the air-and on the ground-at Polar Park. The Worcester Red Sox are inviting fans to decorate pumpkins and bring them to the Inaugural Polar Park Pumpkin Patch throughout the month, starting Monday, October 4, at 10 a.m. Fans who decorate their pumpkins in tribute to the team they predict will win the World Series will be eligible for prizes if their team ultimately wins the Fall Classic. The baseball-themed gourds will be on display until each team turns into a pumpkin, with only one team left standing as the winner of the World Series.
The WooSox will provide prizes for every pumpkin entry, scaled in coolness depending on the artistry, and depending on how far the chosen team advances during baseball's postseason.
Pumpkins that celebrate Polar Park or WooSox mascots Smiley Ball and Woofster will also receive special prizes.
The prizes will be awarded at 5 p.m. on Halloween, Sunday, October 31, during the Inaugural "WooSox Trick or Treat at Polar Park" from noon to 6 p.m. Sunset is scheduled for 5:42 p.m.
"As we begin to demonstrate the year-round uses of Polar Park for the community, we celebrate the month of pumpkins, the month of October Baseball, and the month that culminates with one of the sweetest days of the year for children, Halloween," said WooSox President Dr. Charles A. Steinberg. "We hope that families can enjoy the decoration time and imagination time at home, and then proudly place their pumpkins on our new Summit Street thoroughfare or on our beautiful Berm on Plymouth Street. It's just another way that our ballpark seeks to bring us all together."
Fans can drop off their works of orange art at the WooSox Team Store at Gate D on Madison Street. WooSox Ambassadors, who conduct daily tours of the ballpark, will place the pumpkins along the WooSox Loop.
• Discuss this story on the Triple-A East League message board...
Triple-A East League Stories from October 2, 2021
- Storm Chasers Win Third Straight Game Behind Pair of Three-Run Homers - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Bulls Clinch Final Stretch Title with Dramatic 5-3 Win over Tides - Durham Bulls
- I-Cubs Drop Third Straight to Storm Chasers - Iowa Cubs
- Bisons Win Again, But 'Final Stretch' Goes to Durham - Buffalo Bisons
- Late Home Run Defeats Norfolk, Durham Wins Championship - Norfolk Tides
- Gossett Shines, WooSox Victorious Again over IronPigs - Worcester Red Sox
- Gossett shines as Pigs drop eighth straight - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Okey Double Pulls Bats Close, But Clips Sail Away Late - Louisville Bats
- Gwinnett Outduels Jacksonville In, 2-1, Win Saturday - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Indians and Sounds Saturday Night Matchup Canceled - Indianapolis Indians
- Bats Get Quick Start in RailRiders Win - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Wings Fall 5-2 Saturday Night - Rochester Red Wings
- Saints Furious Rally in Ninth Not Enough in 8-5 Loss - St. Paul Saints
- Sounds, Indians Canceled in Indy - Nashville Sounds
- Red Wings Announce 2021 Team Awards - Rochester Red Wings
- Knights & Redbirds Cancelled on Saturday - Charlotte Knights
- Saturday's Redbirds Game Cancelled Due to Weather - Memphis Redbirds
- October 2 Game Notes: Iowa vs. Omaha - Iowa Cubs
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (61-66) vs. Nashville Sounds (69-58) - Indianapolis Indians
- Pittsburgh Recalls No. 52 Overall Prospect Oneil Cruz - Indianapolis Indians
- Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Memphis Redbirds Game Notes: October 2, 2021 - Memphis Redbirds
- Jumbo Shrimp Alumnus Lee Makes Major League Debut - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Storm Chasers Tie Modern Franchise Record with Seven Home Runs in Blowout Win over I-Cubs - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Iowa's Losing Streak Slides to Six in Blowout Loss - Iowa Cubs
- Inaugural Polar Park Pumpkin Patch Opens Monday to Celebrate October Baseball - Worcester Red Sox
- Winckowski Dazzles Again, WooSox Win Third Straight over IronPigs - Worcester Red Sox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Worcester Red Sox Stories
- Yorke, Duran Lead Next Wave of Red Sox Stars
- WooSox to Preserve Pawtucket Tradition by Sending Two Kids from Its Boys & Girls Club to the World Series
- WooSox and Canal District Alliance Present Inaugural "Trick-Or-Treat at Polar Park"
- First College Football Game at Polar Park - the EBW Classic - One Week Away
- WooSox to Celebrate October Baseball at Polar Park; Fans Can Watch Red Sox-Yankees Wild Card Game