Grizzlies Win 5-1 to Conclude 9 Game Road Trip
Independence, Missouri - Ryan Wagner scored 2 goals and Griffen Molino had 1 goal and 1 assist to lead the Utah Grizzlies to a 4-1 victory over the Kansas City Mavericks on Saturday night at Silverstein Eye Centers Arena.
Jack Jenkins deflected a Taylor Richart shot for his 6th goal of the season 6:37 into the contest. Griffen Molino made it 2-0 after getting a pass from Josh Dickinson 4:49 into the second. Ryan Wagner scored on a breakaway with 2:21 left in the second.
Kansas City got on the board as Tad Kozun scored on a deflection 3:12 into the third. It stayed a 3-1 game until Wagner scored his 2nd goal with 2.4 seconds left. Taylor Richart had 2 assists on the night. Both Richart and Connor Yau were a +3 on the night. Yau is a +25 on the season.
Brad Barone got the start in net and saved 25 of 26 to pick the win. Utah outshot Kansas City 29 to 26 as they swept the 2 game weekend series, outscoring the Mavericks 9 to 2.
Utah went 6-3 on the 9 game, 6 state, 3 week road trip. They return home to Maverik Center to begin a 5 game homestand on Monday at 1 pm vs Rapid City. That game is available on ECHL.TV. You can also get tickets at utahgrizzlies.com, the Maverik Center Box Office or by calling (801) 988-8000. After the game on Monday join Head Coach Tim Branham at Level Crossing Brewing Company for an in-house postgame show at around 4:30 pm. The address is 2496 South West Temple in South Salt Lake City.
1. Griffen Molino (Utah) - 1 goal, 1 assist.
2. Tad Kozun (K.C) - 1 goal.
3. Taylor Richart (Utah) - 2 assists. +3.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 16, 2020
- Walleye Shine on Special Teams in Victory over Idaho - Toledo Walleye
- Jackson Scores Two in 5-2 Win over Mavericks - Tulsa Oilers
- IceMen Close Weekend with 3-1 Loss to Stingrays - Jacksonville IceMen
- Olson Guides Solar Bears Past Gladiators in 5-2 Victory - Orlando Solar Bears
- Steelheads Close Weekend with 4-1 Loss to Walleye - Idaho Steelheads
- Mavs Skid Continues in Sunday Matinee against Tulsa with 5-2 Loss - Kansas City Mavericks
- Ustimenko's 33-Save Shutout Extends Royals to Six-Game Win Streak, 3-0 - Reading Royals
- Railers Begin Road Trip with 3-0 Loss in Reading - Worcester Railers HC
- Cyclones Win Wild Matinee - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Rays Complete Perfect Week with 3-1 Win over IceMen - South Carolina Stingrays
- Fuel Can't Catch Cyclones in One Goal Loss - Indy Fuel
- Glads Leave South Florida Broken-Hearted - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL Transactions - February 16 - ECHL
- Jay Dickman Dealt to Wichita - Indy Fuel
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- D Drake, D Knodel and F Swavely Loaned to Royals - Reading Royals
- Game Preview: Stingrays at IceMen, February 16, 2020 - Jacksonville IceMen
- Preview: Royals Host Railers Sunday - Reading Royals
- Romanko's Pair Gives Rush the Series against ECHL's #1 Team - Rapid City Rush
- Brodzinski, Cammarata Lift Solar Bears to Comeback Win over Admirals - Orlando Solar Bears
- Oilers Clinch Season Series with Second-Straight Win over Wichita - Tulsa Oilers
- Americans Fall 3-2 in Rapid City - Allen Americans
- Grizzlies Win 5-1 to Conclude 9 Game Road Trip - Utah Grizzlies
- Mavs Defeated by Utah Saturday Night, 4-1 - Kansas City Mavericks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.