D Drake, D Knodel and F Swavely Loaned to Royals
Reading, PA - The Reading Royals, proud ECHL affiliate of the Philadelphia Flyers and Lehigh Valley Phantoms, announced Sunday F Steven Swavely, D Eric Knodel and D David Drake have been returned on loan from Lehigh Valley to Reading. The Royals host Worcester Sunday at 4:00 p.m. for a Dollar Deal Day, with $1 kids tickets, $1 hot dogs, $1 sodas and $1 nachos, plus the last free postgame skate of the season, presented by Body Zone. Reading is on the road Wed., Feb. 19 at 7:05 p.m. vs. Wheeling before returning home for Friday and Saturday games next weekend.
Swavely scored his first AHL goal of the season Feb. 9 vs. Hershey. While with the Phantoms in 2019-20, the 6-foot-1, 190-lb, right-handed shot has posted one goal and three points in 14 games. He's in his fourth full season with the Flyers organization and has potted 60 career goals (53 ECHL, 7 AHL) since captaining the University of Maine in 2015-16. This ECHL campaign, he's posted eight goals and 26 points in 29 games with Reading.
Knodel has scored six goals and 32 points to go along with a team-best plus-25 rating in 33 games. The sixth-year professional signed an AHL contract with Lehigh Valley this offseason. With the Phantoms in 2019-20, he has scored three assists in eight games (+3 rating). In 312 ECHL games, Knodel has pounded in 56 goals and 206 points. The 29-year-old won ECHL Defenseman of the Year in 2018-19, scoring 17 goals and 53 points.
Drake's appearance Saturday for Lehigh Valley was his first AHL game of the season (shootout loss vs. Hartford, Feb. 15). The 6-foot-6, 194-lb., left-handed shot has two points in nine career AHL games. On Nov. 2, Drake tallied his second career Royals goal, the game-winning strike vs. Norfolk. This campaign, he's added six points (1g) in 41 games. The University of Connecticut graduate was selected by Philadelphia in the 7th round, 192nd overall, at the 2013 NHL Entry Draft.
Upcoming Home Games: royalshockey.com/promotions
Fri., Feb. 21 at 7:00 p.m. vs. Newfoundland (Trading card giveaway, Flyers alumni at game)
Beer Tasting (Free Beer fans 21+ with purchase of a game ticket) | Meet Flyers alumni Brad Marsh, Jim Watson and Riley Cote ahead of the Mar. 28 Royals Alumni vs. Flyers Alumni Game | Trading Card Giveaway presented by Outten | Purple Goes Green Presented by Berks Nature | $1 Frozen Treats | Kid's Report Card: Bring by your report card that has an 'A' on it and earn a free kids ticket for a future game
Sat., Feb. 22 at 7:00 p.m. vs. Brampton (Marvel Night)
Spider-Man Meet-and-Greet | Marvel Poster giveaway for the first 1,000 fans | Girl Scout Night | Abilities in Motion Night | Special Spider-Man Theme Jerseys | One fan has a chance to win four first-class flight tickets and a trip to Universal Studios in Orlando if a Royals player gets a hat trick (pres. by Berkshire Travel)
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 16, 2020
- Walleye Shine on Special Teams in Victory over Idaho - Toledo Walleye
- Jackson Scores Two in 5-2 Win over Mavericks - Tulsa Oilers
- IceMen Close Weekend with 3-1 Loss to Stingrays - Jacksonville IceMen
- Olson Guides Solar Bears Past Gladiators in 5-2 Victory - Orlando Solar Bears
- Steelheads Close Weekend with 4-1 Loss to Walleye - Idaho Steelheads
- Mavs Skid Continues in Sunday Matinee against Tulsa with 5-2 Loss - Kansas City Mavericks
- Ustimenko's 33-Save Shutout Extends Royals to Six-Game Win Streak, 3-0 - Reading Royals
- Railers Begin Road Trip with 3-0 Loss in Reading - Worcester Railers HC
- Cyclones Win Wild Matinee - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Rays Complete Perfect Week with 3-1 Win over IceMen - South Carolina Stingrays
- Fuel Can't Catch Cyclones in One Goal Loss - Indy Fuel
- Glads Leave South Florida Broken-Hearted - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL Transactions - February 16 - ECHL
- Jay Dickman Dealt to Wichita - Indy Fuel
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- D Drake, D Knodel and F Swavely Loaned to Royals - Reading Royals
- Game Preview: Stingrays at IceMen, February 16, 2020 - Jacksonville IceMen
- Preview: Royals Host Railers Sunday - Reading Royals
- Romanko's Pair Gives Rush the Series against ECHL's #1 Team - Rapid City Rush
- Brodzinski, Cammarata Lift Solar Bears to Comeback Win over Admirals - Orlando Solar Bears
- Oilers Clinch Season Series with Second-Straight Win over Wichita - Tulsa Oilers
- Americans Fall 3-2 in Rapid City - Allen Americans
- Grizzlies Win 5-1 to Conclude 9 Game Road Trip - Utah Grizzlies
- Mavs Defeated by Utah Saturday Night, 4-1 - Kansas City Mavericks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.