Jackson Scores Two in 5-2 Win over Mavericks
Tulsa, OK - The Oilers won their third-straight game by defeating Kansas City 5-2 at the BOK Center on Sunday.
J.J. Piccinich opened up the scoring, netting his 10th of the season and his first since Jan. 3, 7:52 into the period. Cory Ward swung the puck for Piccinich to slam home, and Charlie Sampair picked up the secondary assist, extending his point streak to four games. Tad Kozun answered less than two minutes later at the 9:45 mark of the opening period. Kozun was able to walk into the circle after puck rolled to the former Stingray from the scorer's box, finishing the play with a lethal top shelf release. Robby Jackson returned fire with a goal of his own, making the Mavericks pay off a costly turnover. Jackson walked in alone between the circles, sending Nick Schneider sprawling in the crease before calmly depositing the puck in the bottom of the cage 11:07 into the first period.
Neither team could find the back of the net in the second period and Nick Schneider made an impressive 16 saves during the middle twenty.
Kansas City fought back in the closing frame, scoring 3:52 in to tie the game at 2-2. David Dziurzynski forced a turnover before heading in on a breakaway all alone and roofing his short-handed chance to silence the crowd. Jackson answered with a breakaway goal of his own, his second of the game. Cam Knight found Jackson through the neutral zone, and the rookie forward sniped Schneider, scoring on the Oilers first shot of the final period, which came at the 9:28 mark. Miles Liberati ripped a Jack Nevins' feed from the point at the 10:03 mark, giving Tulsa goals on back-to-back shots and a 4-2 lead. Captain Adam Pleskach closed out the scoring on the night, shoveling home a goal from the low slot on the power play with 1:09 remaining.
The Oilers will face the Allen Americans in three separate games next week. The Oilers travel to the Allen Event Center on Tuesday and Friday, with both games starting at 7:05 p.m. Tulsa will then host the Americans at the BOK Center on Sunday Family Fun Day matinee starting at 4:05 p.m.
Oilers Season and Group Tickets are on sale now! Call the Oilers front office at 918-632-PUCK (7825) or visit www.tulsaoilers.com for more information.
Images from this story
Robby Jackson of the Tulsa Oilers scores vs. the Kansas City Mavericks
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 16, 2020
- Walleye Shine on Special Teams in Victory over Idaho - Toledo Walleye
- Jackson Scores Two in 5-2 Win over Mavericks - Tulsa Oilers
- IceMen Close Weekend with 3-1 Loss to Stingrays - Jacksonville IceMen
- Olson Guides Solar Bears Past Gladiators in 5-2 Victory - Orlando Solar Bears
- Steelheads Close Weekend with 4-1 Loss to Walleye - Idaho Steelheads
- Mavs Skid Continues in Sunday Matinee against Tulsa with 5-2 Loss - Kansas City Mavericks
- Ustimenko's 33-Save Shutout Extends Royals to Six-Game Win Streak, 3-0 - Reading Royals
- Railers Begin Road Trip with 3-0 Loss in Reading - Worcester Railers HC
- Cyclones Win Wild Matinee - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Rays Complete Perfect Week with 3-1 Win over IceMen - South Carolina Stingrays
- Fuel Can't Catch Cyclones in One Goal Loss - Indy Fuel
- Glads Leave South Florida Broken-Hearted - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL Transactions - February 16 - ECHL
- Jay Dickman Dealt to Wichita - Indy Fuel
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- D Drake, D Knodel and F Swavely Loaned to Royals - Reading Royals
- Game Preview: Stingrays at IceMen, February 16, 2020 - Jacksonville IceMen
- Preview: Royals Host Railers Sunday - Reading Royals
- Romanko's Pair Gives Rush the Series against ECHL's #1 Team - Rapid City Rush
- Brodzinski, Cammarata Lift Solar Bears to Comeback Win over Admirals - Orlando Solar Bears
- Oilers Clinch Season Series with Second-Straight Win over Wichita - Tulsa Oilers
- Americans Fall 3-2 in Rapid City - Allen Americans
- Grizzlies Win 5-1 to Conclude 9 Game Road Trip - Utah Grizzlies
- Mavs Defeated by Utah Saturday Night, 4-1 - Kansas City Mavericks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.