Great Plains East Sub-Divisional Series Schedule Set
Waterloo, Iowa - With one day remaining in the 2019 Northwoods League regular season, the Waterloo Bucks have learned their opponent for the Great Plains East Sub-Divisional Championship. The Bucks will host the Eau Claire Express on Monday, August 12 at 6:35 pm in Game One of the Sub-Divisional Championship Series. Gates open at Cost Cutters Field at Riverfront Stadium at 5:30 pm. The first 250 fans will receive a ballcap as they enter the ballpark. Tickets are on sale now.
Eau Claire, currently owning a 39-30 overall record, won the second half of the Great Plains East Sub-Division. The Express will have home field advantage in the Sub-Divisional Championship, hosting games two and three (if necessary) in Eau Claire. Waterloo currently sits with a 34-34 overall record.
The Bucks qualified for the playoffs by winning the first half of the Great Plains East Sub-Division. This is Waterloo's first trip to the playoffs since the 2013 season, when the team won both first and second half titles of the Northwoods League North Division.
The winner of the Great Plains East Sub-Division Championship will face the winner of the Great Plains West Sub-Division Series in a one-game, winner-take-all Great Plains Division Championship. The winner of the Great Plains Championship will face the Great Lakes Champion in a one game set to determine the 2019 Northwoods League Champions.
For tickets, fans are encouraged to call the Bucks' Ticket Line at (319) 232-5633 or order online: https://waterloo-bucks.northwoodsleague.tv/SingleGame/Tickets/SelectSeats/871.
The Bucks regular season finale is slated for Sunday, August 11 versus the Express at 2:05 pm. Gates open at 1:00 pm at Cost Cutters field at Riverfront Stadium.
Cost Cutters Field at Riverfront Stadium welcomed a new state of the art video board in 2016 thanks to a matching grant from the Black Hawk County Gaming Association. Team ownership has invested more than $300,000 in improvements since the end of the 2014 season including painted bleachers, public Wi-Fi, sound system, group outing areas, kids zone inflatables, and concessions equipment. Fans are encouraged to stay in touch with the Bucks by utilizing their website at www.waterloobucks.com or utilizing the Northwoods League Mobile App.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from August 10, 2019
- Rox Clinch Playoff Berth During Game Two of Doubleheader, Play at Home Monday - St. Cloud Rox
- Galason Cycles as Rafters Beat Chinooks - Lakeshore Chinooks
- Honkers Win Fourth Straight - Rochester Honkers
- Bombers Mount Comeback to Topple Kingfish - Battle Creek Bombers
- Eau Claire Express Are Second-Half Champs and Playoff Bound - Eau Claire Express
- Stingers Beat Huskies - Willmar Stingers
- Stingers Down Huskies 9-1 - Duluth Huskies
- Great Plains East Sub-Divisional Series Schedule Set - Waterloo Bucks
- Galason Makes History, Rafters Blow out Chinooks - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Dock Spiders Crawl over Mallards in Game One - Madison Mallards
- Bucks Collapse Late in 11-6 Loss to Eau Claire - Waterloo Bucks
- Green Bay Falls in Final Road Game - Green Bay Booyah
- MoonDogs Fall to Honkers and out of Playoff Contention Saturday Night - Mankato MoonDogs
- Bombers Comeback to Beat Kingfish - Kenosha Kingfish
- Woodchucks Defeat Green Bay and Win Final Home Game of the Season - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- KZoo Offense Cold in Loss to Traverse City - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Delano Tosses Three-Hitter, Rox Beat Border Cats in Game One of Doubleheader - St. Cloud Rox
- Rafters Open Pivotal Series in Lakeshore - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Express Players Honored - Eau Claire Express
- Four Rox Players Named Northwoods League Postseason All-Stars - St. Cloud Rox
- Ferguson & Rubalcaba Named to Postseason NWL All-Star Team - Waterloo Bucks
- Two Honkers Earn Postseason All-Star Status - Rochester Honkers
- Northwoods League Announces 2019 Postseason All-Star Team - Northwoods
- Mallards Host Dock Spiders for Last Regular Season Home Game - Madison Mallards
- Former Growler John Schreiber Debuts in the Majors - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Former Kalamazoo Growler John Schreiber Debuts with the Tigers - Northwoods
- Loggers Stay in Playoff Hunt with 8-1 Win over Thunder Bay - La Crosse Loggers
- MoonDogs Fall in Back and Forth 12-Inning Marathon with Stingers Friday Night - Mankato MoonDogs
- Honkers Complete Sweep of Rox - Rochester Honkers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.