Rafters Open Pivotal Series in Lakeshore
Mequon, Wis. - With a playoff berth on the line, the first-place Wisconsin Rapids Rafters (21-13) begin a decisive two-game series against the Lakeshore Chinooks (16-18) to close out the regular season.
After dropping a dramatic 4-2 game against the Madison Mallards, the Rafters now sit in first place with just a half-game lead on the Fond du Lac Dock Spiders. Wisconsin Rapids controls its own destiny as it can lock up a playoff spot with a sweep of Lakeshore.
The Rafters and Chinooks have played ten times this season, with Wisconsin Rapids taking five of the contests. The Rafters hold the best overall record in the Great Lakes West Division and the second-best overall record in the Northwoods League.
Jack Sinclair is expected to start for the Rafters. In 11 starts, Sinclair has a 2-3 record and a 2.91 ERA. The sophomore righty also has 37 strikeouts this summer. Aaron Winkler gets the start for Lakeshore with one appearance under his belt. Winkler gave up five runs in four innings against Traverse City on Monday.
Wisconsin Rapids closes out the regular-season portion of their 10thAnniversary Season with a 5:05 p.m. matchup against the Chinooks on Sunday. If the team can secure a playoff spot, they would play at Historic Witter Field on Monday.
As the Rafters gear up for a late-season run, you can experience the postseason action firsthand. For more information on playoff ticket offerings visit Raftersbaseball.com, call the Rafthouse at 715-424-5400, or visit historic Witter Field. The Rafters ticket office is open from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday at Witter Field, 521 Lincoln Street in Wisconsin Rapids.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from August 10, 2019
- Rox Clinch Playoff Berth During Game Two of Doubleheader, Play at Home Monday - St. Cloud Rox
- Galason Cycles as Rafters Beat Chinooks - Lakeshore Chinooks
- Honkers Win Fourth Straight - Rochester Honkers
- Bombers Mount Comeback to Topple Kingfish - Battle Creek Bombers
- Eau Claire Express Are Second-Half Champs and Playoff Bound - Eau Claire Express
- Stingers Beat Huskies - Willmar Stingers
- Stingers Down Huskies 9-1 - Duluth Huskies
- Great Plains East Sub-Divisional Series Schedule Set - Waterloo Bucks
- Galason Makes History, Rafters Blow out Chinooks - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Dock Spiders Crawl over Mallards in Game One - Madison Mallards
- Bucks Collapse Late in 11-6 Loss to Eau Claire - Waterloo Bucks
- Green Bay Falls in Final Road Game - Green Bay Booyah
- MoonDogs Fall to Honkers and out of Playoff Contention Saturday Night - Mankato MoonDogs
- Bombers Comeback to Beat Kingfish - Kenosha Kingfish
- Woodchucks Defeat Green Bay and Win Final Home Game of the Season - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- KZoo Offense Cold in Loss to Traverse City - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Delano Tosses Three-Hitter, Rox Beat Border Cats in Game One of Doubleheader - St. Cloud Rox
- Rafters Open Pivotal Series in Lakeshore - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Express Players Honored - Eau Claire Express
- Four Rox Players Named Northwoods League Postseason All-Stars - St. Cloud Rox
- Ferguson & Rubalcaba Named to Postseason NWL All-Star Team - Waterloo Bucks
- Two Honkers Earn Postseason All-Star Status - Rochester Honkers
- Northwoods League Announces 2019 Postseason All-Star Team - Northwoods
- Mallards Host Dock Spiders for Last Regular Season Home Game - Madison Mallards
- Former Growler John Schreiber Debuts in the Majors - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Former Kalamazoo Growler John Schreiber Debuts with the Tigers - Northwoods
- Loggers Stay in Playoff Hunt with 8-1 Win over Thunder Bay - La Crosse Loggers
- MoonDogs Fall in Back and Forth 12-Inning Marathon with Stingers Friday Night - Mankato MoonDogs
- Honkers Complete Sweep of Rox - Rochester Honkers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wisconsin Rapids Rafters Stories
- Rafters New Front Office Addition Marks First Female Dominated Office in Northwoods League
- Rafters Continue to Give Back During 2020 Season
- Rafters Break Records in Historic 2020 Season
- Rafters Thirsty Thursdays Continue Postseason
- Rafters Face off against La Crosse Loggers in Playoff Opener