Northwoods League Announces 2019 Postseason All-Star Team
August 10, 2019 - Northwoods League (Northwoods) News Release
Rochester, Minn. - The Northwoods League announced the 2019 Postseason All-Star Team and award winners on Saturday, August 10. Madison outfielder Justice Bigbie was named the League's Most Valuable Player and Traverse City's Andrew Hoffman was named Pitcher of the Year as voted by the League's coaches and members of the media. Josh Rebandt from Traverse City was named the Manager of the Year and Will Flynt from Wisconsin Rapids won the Coach of the Year Award.
Bigbie, a sophomore at Western Carolina University, was a 2019 mid-season All-Star and was chosen for the Major League Dreams Showcase. In the All-Star Game he was 2 for 4 with two home runs and was selected as the Star of Stars (MVP) of the game. He currently has a .349 average and leads the league in RBI with 70 and is second in the league in home runs with 12. Bigbie is a native of Chesapeake, Virginia.
Andrew Hoffman, a right-handed pitcher from the Traverse City Pit Spitters, was named the Northwoods League Pitcher of the Year. Hoffman, a freshman at Oakland University, has appeared in 12 games and is tied for the league lead with eight wins and has a league low 1.08 ERA. He has 43 strikeouts in 58.1 innings pitched and was also a mid-season All-Star selection. Hoffman is from Plainfield, Illinois.
La Crosse first baseman J.T. Schwartz from UCLA was also selected for the Postseason All-Star Team and is currently leading the league in batting average at .381.
Bigbie, Hoffman and Schwartz are among the 30 players selected to the NWL's Postseason All-Star team.
The Traverse City Pit Spitters led all teams with five selections while the St. Cloud Rox and the Wisconsin Rapids Rafters each had four players selected.
In his first season in Traverse City, Josh Rebandt of the Pit Spitters is the 2019 Manager of the Year. The Pit Spitters currently have the best overall record in the league at 51-19 and were the First and Second Half Champions in the Great Lakes East Division.
Will Flynt earned the award for 2019 Coach of the Year in the Northwoods League. Flynt is in his first year with the Rafters who currently have a 44-26 overall record.
Jarin Matheny of the Green Bay Booyah and Pete Knutson of the Eau Claire Express were recognized by their peers as Play-by-Play Announcers of the Year.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from August 10, 2019
- Rox Clinch Playoff Berth During Game Two of Doubleheader, Play at Home Monday - St. Cloud Rox
- Galason Cycles as Rafters Beat Chinooks - Lakeshore Chinooks
- Honkers Win Fourth Straight - Rochester Honkers
- Bombers Mount Comeback to Topple Kingfish - Battle Creek Bombers
- Eau Claire Express Are Second-Half Champs and Playoff Bound - Eau Claire Express
- Stingers Beat Huskies - Willmar Stingers
- Stingers Down Huskies 9-1 - Duluth Huskies
- Great Plains East Sub-Divisional Series Schedule Set - Waterloo Bucks
- Galason Makes History, Rafters Blow out Chinooks - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Dock Spiders Crawl over Mallards in Game One - Madison Mallards
- Bucks Collapse Late in 11-6 Loss to Eau Claire - Waterloo Bucks
- Green Bay Falls in Final Road Game - Green Bay Rockers
- MoonDogs Fall to Honkers and out of Playoff Contention Saturday Night - Mankato MoonDogs
- Bombers Comeback to Beat Kingfish - Kenosha Kingfish
- Woodchucks Defeat Green Bay and Win Final Home Game of the Season - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- KZoo Offense Cold in Loss to Traverse City - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Delano Tosses Three-Hitter, Rox Beat Border Cats in Game One of Doubleheader - St. Cloud Rox
- Rafters Open Pivotal Series in Lakeshore - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Express Players Honored - Eau Claire Express
- Four Rox Players Named Northwoods League Postseason All-Stars - St. Cloud Rox
- Ferguson & Rubalcaba Named to Postseason NWL All-Star Team - Waterloo Bucks
- Two Honkers Earn Postseason All-Star Status - Rochester Honkers
- Northwoods League Announces 2019 Postseason All-Star Team - Northwoods
- Mallards Host Dock Spiders for Last Regular Season Home Game - Madison Mallards
- Former Growler John Schreiber Debuts in the Majors - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Former Kalamazoo Growler John Schreiber Debuts with the Tigers - Northwoods
- Loggers Stay in Playoff Hunt with 8-1 Win over Thunder Bay - La Crosse Loggers
- MoonDogs Fall in Back and Forth 12-Inning Marathon with Stingers Friday Night - Mankato MoonDogs
- Honkers Complete Sweep of Rox - Rochester Honkers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.