Ferguson & Rubalcaba Named to Postseason NWL All-Star Team
Waterloo, Iowa - The Northwoods League announced the 2019 Postseason All-Star Team and award winners on Saturday, August 10 which included two Waterloo Bucks players. Patrick Ferguson and Alonzo Rubalcaba were among 30 players named to the Postseason All-Star Team for their efforts during the 2019 season.
Patrick Ferguson, a junior from Kent State University and originally from North Huntingdon, Pennsylvania, was named to the team as a designated hitter. Ferguson ranks second in the NWL in walks with 62 free passes on the season. The second-year Buck is currently hitting .269 with eight home runs, 41 RBI, and two grand slams.
Catcher Alonzo Rubalcaba, a freshman from Santa Barbara City College and Vacaville, California, is hitting .270 with one home run, 24 RBI, and eight stolen bases for Waterloo. Rubalcaba has thrown out an NWL leading 22 runners attempting to steal and leads all catchers in the league in games caught, total chances, put outs, and assists with 47, 343, 304, and 37, respectively.
The Bucks start their final homestand of the year tonight before the playoffs begin, facing the Eau Claire Express at 6:35 pm. Tickets are available by calling the Bucks' Ticket Line at (319) 232-5633 or online at www.waterloobucks.com.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from August 10, 2019
- Rox Clinch Playoff Berth During Game Two of Doubleheader, Play at Home Monday - St. Cloud Rox
- Galason Cycles as Rafters Beat Chinooks - Lakeshore Chinooks
- Honkers Win Fourth Straight - Rochester Honkers
- Bombers Mount Comeback to Topple Kingfish - Battle Creek Bombers
- Eau Claire Express Are Second-Half Champs and Playoff Bound - Eau Claire Express
- Stingers Beat Huskies - Willmar Stingers
- Stingers Down Huskies 9-1 - Duluth Huskies
- Great Plains East Sub-Divisional Series Schedule Set - Waterloo Bucks
- Galason Makes History, Rafters Blow out Chinooks - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Dock Spiders Crawl over Mallards in Game One - Madison Mallards
- Bucks Collapse Late in 11-6 Loss to Eau Claire - Waterloo Bucks
- Green Bay Falls in Final Road Game - Green Bay Booyah
- MoonDogs Fall to Honkers and out of Playoff Contention Saturday Night - Mankato MoonDogs
- Bombers Comeback to Beat Kingfish - Kenosha Kingfish
- Woodchucks Defeat Green Bay and Win Final Home Game of the Season - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- KZoo Offense Cold in Loss to Traverse City - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Delano Tosses Three-Hitter, Rox Beat Border Cats in Game One of Doubleheader - St. Cloud Rox
- Rafters Open Pivotal Series in Lakeshore - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Express Players Honored - Eau Claire Express
- Four Rox Players Named Northwoods League Postseason All-Stars - St. Cloud Rox
- Ferguson & Rubalcaba Named to Postseason NWL All-Star Team - Waterloo Bucks
- Two Honkers Earn Postseason All-Star Status - Rochester Honkers
- Northwoods League Announces 2019 Postseason All-Star Team - Northwoods
- Mallards Host Dock Spiders for Last Regular Season Home Game - Madison Mallards
- Former Growler John Schreiber Debuts in the Majors - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Former Kalamazoo Growler John Schreiber Debuts with the Tigers - Northwoods
- Loggers Stay in Playoff Hunt with 8-1 Win over Thunder Bay - La Crosse Loggers
- MoonDogs Fall in Back and Forth 12-Inning Marathon with Stingers Friday Night - Mankato MoonDogs
- Honkers Complete Sweep of Rox - Rochester Honkers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Waterloo Bucks Stories
- Cost Cutters Field at Riverfront Stadium to Host Football Watch Parties
- Bucks Win 2nd Half Title; Will Host All First Round Games
- Three Bucks Named to NWL Postseason All-Star Team
- Bucks Playoff Tickets Available Monday, August 2
- 6 Bucks Named to NWL Major League Dreams Showcase Roster