Mallards Host Dock Spiders for Last Regular Season Home Game
MADISON, Wis. - The Madison Mallards (42-28) defeated the Wisconsin Rapids Rafters (44-26) in a tight, 4-2 contest Friday night at Witter Field. The game marked the last regular-season series between the Mallards and the Rafters, with the Mallards earning a series split in the final set. The overall meeting record between the teams is 7-5, in favor of the Rafters.
Tonight the Mallards are playing their last regular- season home game against the Fond du Lac Dock Spiders (34-35). This is the sixth two-game series the teams are competing in, and is their last set for the regular season.
The Dock Spiders are currently in third place in the Great Lakes West Division overall standings, 7.5 games behind the second-place Mallards. For the second half, however, Fond du Lac is only half a game behind the first place Rafters and is still squarely in the mix for playoff contention.
On the mound for the Mallards is RHP Patrick Foldy (Madison College) Foldy is making his fourth appearance and his second start of the season. Through six innings pitched he has two strikeouts and two walks.
The evening mark's Vegas Night at Warner Park, presented by The Zone with a Wolf Pack Maynard bobblehead giveaway presented by The Great Dane. First pitch is scheduled for 6:05 p.m., gates will open at 5:05 p.m. Hear every pitch of the 2019 Mallards' season live on The Zone, 96.7 FM and 1670 AM.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from August 10, 2019
- Rox Clinch Playoff Berth During Game Two of Doubleheader, Play at Home Monday - St. Cloud Rox
- Galason Cycles as Rafters Beat Chinooks - Lakeshore Chinooks
- Honkers Win Fourth Straight - Rochester Honkers
- Bombers Mount Comeback to Topple Kingfish - Battle Creek Bombers
- Eau Claire Express Are Second-Half Champs and Playoff Bound - Eau Claire Express
- Stingers Beat Huskies - Willmar Stingers
- Stingers Down Huskies 9-1 - Duluth Huskies
- Great Plains East Sub-Divisional Series Schedule Set - Waterloo Bucks
- Galason Makes History, Rafters Blow out Chinooks - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Dock Spiders Crawl over Mallards in Game One - Madison Mallards
- Bucks Collapse Late in 11-6 Loss to Eau Claire - Waterloo Bucks
- Green Bay Falls in Final Road Game - Green Bay Booyah
- MoonDogs Fall to Honkers and out of Playoff Contention Saturday Night - Mankato MoonDogs
- Bombers Comeback to Beat Kingfish - Kenosha Kingfish
- Woodchucks Defeat Green Bay and Win Final Home Game of the Season - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- KZoo Offense Cold in Loss to Traverse City - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Delano Tosses Three-Hitter, Rox Beat Border Cats in Game One of Doubleheader - St. Cloud Rox
- Rafters Open Pivotal Series in Lakeshore - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Express Players Honored - Eau Claire Express
- Four Rox Players Named Northwoods League Postseason All-Stars - St. Cloud Rox
- Ferguson & Rubalcaba Named to Postseason NWL All-Star Team - Waterloo Bucks
- Two Honkers Earn Postseason All-Star Status - Rochester Honkers
- Northwoods League Announces 2019 Postseason All-Star Team - Northwoods
- Mallards Host Dock Spiders for Last Regular Season Home Game - Madison Mallards
- Former Growler John Schreiber Debuts in the Majors - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Former Kalamazoo Growler John Schreiber Debuts with the Tigers - Northwoods
- Loggers Stay in Playoff Hunt with 8-1 Win over Thunder Bay - La Crosse Loggers
- MoonDogs Fall in Back and Forth 12-Inning Marathon with Stingers Friday Night - Mankato MoonDogs
- Honkers Complete Sweep of Rox - Rochester Honkers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Madison Mallards Stories
- Mallards Fall in Divisional Championship to Traverse City
- Mallards Head to Traverse City for Divisional Championship
- Mallards Sweep Dock Spiders to Advance to Divisional Championship
- Mallards Look to Clinch Series in Fond du Lac
- Turnquist Throws Gem, Leads Mallards to Game 1 Victory