Green Bay Falls in Final Road Game
Wausau, WI - The Green Bay Booyah committed four errors defensively on Saturday night as they fell 6-3 against the Woodchucks.
The Booyah struck first in the second inning after Logan Matson led off the frame with a bunt single. After reaching second on an error, Sean Meyer doubled into left field to score Matson from second to give the Booyah a 1-0 advantage. Green Bay held on to the 1-0 advantage only until the bottom of the second when the Woodchucks tied the game at one.
Green Bay came back to tie the game in the seventh when Jacob Buchberger sent an 0-1 pitch over the left field wall to bring home Blaise Maris. The home run, which was Buchberger's fifth of the season, would end up being the last run produced by Green Bay on the road this season.
On the mound, Garrett Martin went five innings, giving up seven hits and three earned runs on Saturday night. Out of the bullpen, Bobby Dorta was handed the loss after going two innings, allowing one run which ended up being unearned. Jacob Paulishak went one inning and gave up two unearned runs in his twelfth outing of the year.
Green Bay heads home for the final game of the season tomorrow as they take on the Woodchucks. First pitch for game 72 of the year is set for 4:05 p.m., and Chris Jefferson makes his final start in a Booyah uniform.
Capital Credit Union Park features over 1,500 free parking spots within a 5-minute walk. Visit booyahbaseball.com for details.
Images from this story
Jacob Buchberger of the Green Bay Booyah
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from August 10, 2019
- Rox Clinch Playoff Berth During Game Two of Doubleheader, Play at Home Monday - St. Cloud Rox
- Galason Cycles as Rafters Beat Chinooks - Lakeshore Chinooks
- Honkers Win Fourth Straight - Rochester Honkers
- Bombers Mount Comeback to Topple Kingfish - Battle Creek Bombers
- Eau Claire Express Are Second-Half Champs and Playoff Bound - Eau Claire Express
- Stingers Beat Huskies - Willmar Stingers
- Stingers Down Huskies 9-1 - Duluth Huskies
- Great Plains East Sub-Divisional Series Schedule Set - Waterloo Bucks
- Galason Makes History, Rafters Blow out Chinooks - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Dock Spiders Crawl over Mallards in Game One - Madison Mallards
- Bucks Collapse Late in 11-6 Loss to Eau Claire - Waterloo Bucks
- Green Bay Falls in Final Road Game - Green Bay Booyah
- MoonDogs Fall to Honkers and out of Playoff Contention Saturday Night - Mankato MoonDogs
- Bombers Comeback to Beat Kingfish - Kenosha Kingfish
- Woodchucks Defeat Green Bay and Win Final Home Game of the Season - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- KZoo Offense Cold in Loss to Traverse City - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Delano Tosses Three-Hitter, Rox Beat Border Cats in Game One of Doubleheader - St. Cloud Rox
- Rafters Open Pivotal Series in Lakeshore - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Express Players Honored - Eau Claire Express
- Four Rox Players Named Northwoods League Postseason All-Stars - St. Cloud Rox
- Ferguson & Rubalcaba Named to Postseason NWL All-Star Team - Waterloo Bucks
- Two Honkers Earn Postseason All-Star Status - Rochester Honkers
- Northwoods League Announces 2019 Postseason All-Star Team - Northwoods
- Mallards Host Dock Spiders for Last Regular Season Home Game - Madison Mallards
- Former Growler John Schreiber Debuts in the Majors - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Former Kalamazoo Growler John Schreiber Debuts with the Tigers - Northwoods
- Loggers Stay in Playoff Hunt with 8-1 Win over Thunder Bay - La Crosse Loggers
- MoonDogs Fall in Back and Forth 12-Inning Marathon with Stingers Friday Night - Mankato MoonDogs
- Honkers Complete Sweep of Rox - Rochester Honkers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.