Glads Seek to Avenge Last Night's Finish
NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C. - The Atlanta Gladiators (7-5-1-0) travel east to take on the South Carolina Stingrays (6-6-1-0) at the North Charleston Coliseum for the second of back-to-back matchups this weekend. Today's encounter ends a stretch of seven games in 10 days for Atlanta, while South Carolina is playing its third game in as many days.
Last Time Out/Last Meeting
The Gladiators watched a late lead morph into a late deficit last night at Gas South Arena against the Stingrays. Derek Nesbitt scored shorthanded in the first period to put Atlanta up 1-0, but neither team scored again until the closing seconds of the third frame. Justin Florek tied the game for the Rays with 14 seconds remaining in regulation, and Carter Cowlthrorp netted the game-winner for South Carolina with just a second left in regulation.
Special Teams Roars to Life
The Gladiators' special teams exploded for three goals on Thursday against Greenville. Hugo Roy scored shorthanded in the first frame and then added a power-play goal in the second. Mike Pelech notched another power-play goal for Atlanta later in the second. Thursday's 4-3 win over the Swamp Rabbits marked the first time this season that the Glads scored multiple power-play goals. Roy's power-play marker was the first goal on the man-advantage for Atlanta in 18 attempts dating back to November 14th against Florida. Nesbitt's shorthanded tally last night was the fourth of the season for the Gladiators.
Kielly Joins Forward Group
ï»¿Kameron Kielly signed with Atlanta on Thursday and made his first Gladiators appearance the same day against Greenville. Atlanta traded for Kielly's ECHL rights earlier in the month after the second-year pro skated in two games with the Belleville Senators in the AHL.
WHEN: Sunday, Nov. 28 at 3:05 PM ET
WHERE: North Charleston Coliseum - North Charleston, S.C.
WHO: Atlanta Gladiators at South Carolina Stingrays
BROADCAST: All Atlanta Gladiators games are broadcast live on the Gladiators Broadcast Network. Listen to the game online at Mixlr.com, or watch the game on FloHockey.TV.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 28, 2021
- Thunder Climbs Back to Take Shootout Win vs. Rush - Wichita Thunder
- Oilers Down Grizzlies in Overtime Thriller - Tulsa Oilers
- Oilers Defeat Grizz 6-5 in OT - Utah Grizzlies
- Rush Come up Short in Shootout Loss in Wichita, 3-2 - Rapid City Rush
- Admirals Dominate Solar Bears with 6-1 Drubbing - Norfolk Admirals
- Solar Bears Home Win Streak Ends at Six - Orlando Solar Bears
- Cherniwchan Plays Overtime Hero in Return to Lineup - South Carolina Stingrays
- Glads Battle Back to Earn Point in OT Thriller - Atlanta Gladiators
- Railers Close Weekend with Loss vs. Newfoundland - Worcester Railers HC
- Growlers Top the Railers 6-0 - Newfoundland Growlers
- ECHL Transactions - November 29 - ECHL
- Game Notes: at Wichita - Rapid City Rush
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Admirals: November 28, 2021 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Glads Seek to Avenge Last Night's Finish - Atlanta Gladiators
- Thunder Closes Holiday Weekend this Afternoon vs. Rapid City - Wichita Thunder
- Grizzlies Gameday: Bradley and Burzan Returns to Club - Utah Grizzlies
- Grizzlies Edge Oilers in Hard-Fought Battle - Tulsa Oilers
- Americans Beat Idaho 4-2 - Allen Americans
- Steelheads Comeback Bid Falls Short in 4-2 Loss to Allen - Idaho Steelheads
- Grasso's Hat Trick Helps Thunder Sink Mariners, 5-3 - Adirondack Thunder
- Thunder Wins High-Scoring Contest over Rapid City - Wichita Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.