Americans Beat Idaho 4-2
Boise, Idaho - The Allen Americans, ECHL affiliate of the Seattle Kraken (NHL), defeated the Idaho Steelheads on Saturday night by a score of 4-2 at Idaho Central Arena in front of a sellout crowd of 5,182.
Chad Costello and Gavin Gould led the Americans charge with seven points between them. Costello had a goal and three helpers, while Gould had three assists.
"We played a complete game tonight," said Chad Costello. "We got the early jump on them and Marotte (Francis) made all the big saves to get us the win."
Idaho outshot Allen 27-24 for the game including an 11-7 advantage in the third period. The Americans went 2-for-6 on the power play. Kris Myllari had one of the two Allen power play goals and the game winner. Both Myllari's goals this season are game winners.
Spencer Asuchak, who entered Saturday's game on a nine-game point streak was held off the scoresheet.
The Americans next game will be on Sunday, December 5th against Rapid City. Call 972-912-1000 for tickets.
Images from this story
Chad Costello of the Allen Americans (right) scores against the Idaho Steelheads
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 28, 2021
- Thunder Climbs Back to Take Shootout Win vs. Rush - Wichita Thunder
- Oilers Down Grizzlies in Overtime Thriller - Tulsa Oilers
- Oilers Defeat Grizz 6-5 in OT - Utah Grizzlies
- Rush Come up Short in Shootout Loss in Wichita, 3-2 - Rapid City Rush
- Admirals Dominate Solar Bears with 6-1 Drubbing - Norfolk Admirals
- Solar Bears Home Win Streak Ends at Six - Orlando Solar Bears
- Cherniwchan Plays Overtime Hero in Return to Lineup - South Carolina Stingrays
- Glads Battle Back to Earn Point in OT Thriller - Atlanta Gladiators
- Railers Close Weekend with Loss vs. Newfoundland - Worcester Railers HC
- Growlers Top the Railers 6-0 - Newfoundland Growlers
- ECHL Transactions - November 29 - ECHL
- Game Notes: at Wichita - Rapid City Rush
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Admirals: November 28, 2021 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Glads Seek to Avenge Last Night's Finish - Atlanta Gladiators
- Thunder Closes Holiday Weekend this Afternoon vs. Rapid City - Wichita Thunder
- Grizzlies Gameday: Bradley and Burzan Returns to Club - Utah Grizzlies
- Grizzlies Edge Oilers in Hard-Fought Battle - Tulsa Oilers
- Americans Beat Idaho 4-2 - Allen Americans
- Steelheads Comeback Bid Falls Short in 4-2 Loss to Allen - Idaho Steelheads
- Grasso's Hat Trick Helps Thunder Sink Mariners, 5-3 - Adirondack Thunder
- Thunder Wins High-Scoring Contest over Rapid City - Wichita Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.