Gameday Report - Mavericks at Oilers
TULSA, Okla. - The Kansas City Mavericks continue their tour of the Mountain Division with a Friday night date with the Tulsa Oilers at the B.O.K. Center.
Kansas City Mavericks (30-27-2-2) at Tulsa Oilers (27-24-3-8)
B.O.K. Center | Tulsa, Okla.
We're Going Streaking
The Mavericks ride a five-game point streak into tonight's game, going 3-0-2-0 in that span (.800 point percentage). The Mavericks will look to extend that streak tonight against Tulsa in the front-end of a Friday-Saturday home-and-home. The team's longest point streak this season is six games, a six-game win streak from Nov. 14 through Nov. 22.
After a hectic road trip in February in which the Mavericks had three goalie transactions in three days, seeing Tyler Parsons and Mason McDonald come and go and Chris Nell reassigned to AHL Hartford, Adam Carlson has assumed ownership of the blue paint for KC. He has started the last five games and seven of the last 10, guiding the Mavs to their five-game point streak. The Washington Capitals prospect has stopped 140 of 152 shots faced over the last five games, good for a .921 Save Percentage, and led the Mavericks to two wins over Fort Wayne and a midweek triumph over Colorado last Wednesday.
The Mavericks will look to continue their run of dominance over the Tulsa Oilers, entering tonight's game having won 10 of the last 11 meetings between the two teams. The Oilers snapped a nine-game skid to KC on Dec. 30, a 4-1 win for Tulsa, but the Mavericks won the last matchup between the teams by a 4-3 final in a shootout at the team's annual New Year's Eve game.
March of the Mavericks
After a forgettable February in which the Mavericks went 2-8-0-1, the Mavericks have rallied to start March with a five-game point streak. The resurgent KC squad started the third month of the calendar year with a weekend sweep of Fort Wayne and followed with a win over Colorado and two overtime losses to Idaho last weekend. The Mavericks have amassed 12 points over their last eight games played (.750 point percentage).
Three Teams, One Spot
The Mavs are one of three teams battling for the fourth and final playoff spot in the Central Division, tied with the Kalamazoo Wings at 64 points and one point ahead of the Indy Fuel. While the Mavericks and Fuel meet two more times, Kalamazoo does not appear on the remaining regular season schedule. The Wings currently own the tie break over the Mavericks by virtue of more wins coming in regulation or overtime (29-27).
How To Follow
For lines, goals and period recaps, follow @KC_Mavericks on Twitter. For play-by-play updates, follow @KCMavsGameday. Bob Rennison's radio call of the game is available online and via the team's free mobile app, Kansas City Mavericks. A stream of the game is offered through the subscription service, ECHL.TV.
The Mavericks host Tulsa Saturday night at 7:05 p.m. for Fan Appreciation Night. The first 2,000 fans at the game will receive a team picture of the inaugural Kansas City Mavericks squad.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 16, 2018
- Sholl Earns Second Straight Shutout over Stingrays - Idaho Steelheads
- Novak Scores for Solar Bears in 3-1 Loss to Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Lucky Bounce Gives Wichita Win - Rapid City Rush
- MacMillan Pushes Thunder Past Rush - Wichita Thunder
- Fuel Bounced in Cincinnati - Indy Fuel
- Cyclones Burn Fuel - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Walleye Survive Mallard Comeback Bid - Quad City Mallards
- Horn's Hat Trick Helps Admirals Skate Away with 6-3 Victory on Friday - Norfolk Admirals
- Oilers Spread Around Scoring in Win over Kansas City - Tulsa Oilers
- Railers Score Season High Six Goals in Big Win over Nailers - Worcester Railers HC
- Steelheads Hold Rays at Bay with 1-0 Win - South Carolina Stingrays
- Thunder Shine in 3-2 Overtime Win over Komets - Adirondack Thunder
- Monarchs Bear Down on Grizzlies, 5-4, in Overtime - Manchester Monarchs
- KC Comeback Falls Short at Tulsa - Kansas City Mavericks
- Swamp Rabbits Fall to Admirals Second Half Surge - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Railers Tie Season Series - Wheeling Nailers
- Game Preview: Orlando Solar Bears at Florida Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Forward Garrett Thompson Called up to Iowa - Fort Wayne Komets
- Steelheads Game Day Storylines at South Carolina - Idaho Steelheads
- Adirondack Adds Two in Advance of Tonight's Game - Adirondack Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - March 16 - ECHL
- Mallards Sign Rookie Shea to Tryout - Quad City Mallards
- Cyclones Game Notes: vs. Indy - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Monarchs sign Jared Kolquist and Colton Saucerman heads to Ontario - Manchester Monarchs
- Swamp Rabbits Step into Norfolk for Two - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Walleye Bring in College Forward - Toledo Walleye
- Stingrays Sign J.C. Brassard, Jake Kamrass - South Carolina Stingrays
- Game Day: Final Three-In-Three Kicks off against Greenville - Norfolk Admirals
- Nailers at Railers Game Day Snap Shot, March 16 - Wheeling Nailers
- Monarchs Game Day Capsule, March 16 - Manchester Monarchs
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Gameday - Adirondack (34-21-3-4) vs. Fort Wayne (42-16-2-1) - Adirondack Thunder
- Cyclones Sign Berrafato - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Gameday Report - Mavericks at Oilers - Kansas City Mavericks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Mavericks Announce Online Team Store Sale to Benefit Boys and Girls Club of Kansas City
- Mavericks Captain Rocco Carzo Announces Retirement
- Mavericks Announce 2020 Mac Awards Recipients
- ECHL Cancels Remainder of 2020-21 Season
- Mavs Weekly: Mavs Welcome Nearly 15,000 Fans over Weekend