Cyclones Burn Fuel
Cincinnati, OH - The Cincinnati Cyclones (35-23-2-0) took down the Indy Fuel, 6-1, on Friday night. Forwards Daniel Muzito-Bagenda and Shawn O'Donnell each collected two goals, while forwards Justin Vaive and Alex Kile each chipped in lone tallies.
Cincinnati jumped out to a 1-0 lead 2:22 into the opening frame when forward Jesse Schultz brought the puck down the right side after holding the line, and sent a pass to Vaive in front who tapped it in for his 24th tally of the season.
The Cyclones added another late in the period while on the power play when Muzito-Bagenda sniped a shot in from the left circle after a pass from defenseman Eric Knodel, putting Cincinnati ahead, 2-0, through 20 minutes.
The second saw Cincinnati continue their offensive pressure and they pushed their lead to 3-0 when O'Donnell sniped a shot in from the slot, 8:44 into the frame. Muzito-Bagenda added another on the power play roughly three minutes later when Knodel sent him a pass following a faceoff win, and he blasted in his 13th of the season to give the 'Clones a 4-0 lead.
The Cyclones were not done in the period and lit the lamp once more when forward Brandon McNally sent a pass to O'Donnell on a 2-on-0 rush, and he tapped it in to give Cincinnati a 5-0 lead after the second.
After the Fuel's Josh Shalla broke up the shutout and put Indy on the board, 5-1, midway through the third, Cincinnati added the dagger at the 17:10 mark when a point shot from defenseman Eric Diodati was tipped in by Kile to seal the Cyclones' 6-1 victory.
The Fuel outshot Cincinnati, 41-38 on the evening, with netminder Jason Kasdorf stopping 40 in the win. The Cyclones head to Kalamazoo to battle the Wings on Saturday night, with the face-off slated for 7:00pm ET.
The 2017-18 season is underway, and the Cincinnati Cyclones want YOU along for the ride! Call (513) 421-PUCK for information regarding Cyclones single game tickets, ticket packages, and Season and Group Tickets!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 16, 2018
- Sholl Earns Second Straight Shutout over Stingrays - Idaho Steelheads
- Novak Scores for Solar Bears in 3-1 Loss to Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Lucky Bounce Gives Wichita Win - Rapid City Rush
- MacMillan Pushes Thunder Past Rush - Wichita Thunder
- Fuel Bounced in Cincinnati - Indy Fuel
- Cyclones Burn Fuel - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Walleye Survive Mallard Comeback Bid - Quad City Mallards
- Horn's Hat Trick Helps Admirals Skate Away with 6-3 Victory on Friday - Norfolk Admirals
- Oilers Spread Around Scoring in Win over Kansas City - Tulsa Oilers
- Railers Score Season High Six Goals in Big Win over Nailers - Worcester Railers HC
- Steelheads Hold Rays at Bay with 1-0 Win - South Carolina Stingrays
- Thunder Shine in 3-2 Overtime Win over Komets - Adirondack Thunder
- Monarchs Bear Down on Grizzlies, 5-4, in Overtime - Manchester Monarchs
- KC Comeback Falls Short at Tulsa - Kansas City Mavericks
- Swamp Rabbits Fall to Admirals Second Half Surge - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Railers Tie Season Series - Wheeling Nailers
- Game Preview: Orlando Solar Bears at Florida Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Forward Garrett Thompson Called up to Iowa - Fort Wayne Komets
- Steelheads Game Day Storylines at South Carolina - Idaho Steelheads
- Adirondack Adds Two in Advance of Tonight's Game - Adirondack Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - March 16 - ECHL
- Mallards Sign Rookie Shea to Tryout - Quad City Mallards
- Cyclones Game Notes: vs. Indy - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Monarchs sign Jared Kolquist and Colton Saucerman heads to Ontario - Manchester Monarchs
- Swamp Rabbits Step into Norfolk for Two - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Walleye Bring in College Forward - Toledo Walleye
- Stingrays Sign J.C. Brassard, Jake Kamrass - South Carolina Stingrays
- Game Day: Final Three-In-Three Kicks off against Greenville - Norfolk Admirals
- Nailers at Railers Game Day Snap Shot, March 16 - Wheeling Nailers
- Monarchs Game Day Capsule, March 16 - Manchester Monarchs
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Gameday - Adirondack (34-21-3-4) vs. Fort Wayne (42-16-2-1) - Adirondack Thunder
- Cyclones Sign Berrafato - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Gameday Report - Mavericks at Oilers - Kansas City Mavericks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.