Gameday - Adirondack (34-21-3-4) vs. Fort Wayne (42-16-2-1)
TONIGHT'S MATCHUP: The playoff push continues this weekend for the Adirondack Thunder with their second consecutive three-in-three set. Adirondack enters tonight's action off of three points from three games last weekend, ending with a 3-2 shootout loss in Worcester on Sunday afternoon.
FORT WAYNE'S WORLD: Tonight marks the final game this season for Adirondack outside of the North Division as it hosts the Fort Wayne Komets for the first time in franchise history. Adirondack has posted an 11-4-1 record outside of the North Division this season and a 5-2-0 mark against the Central Division, including a 1-0 record against Fort Wayne after a 4-2 victory in Indiana in early November.
KEN JAM: Adirondack forward Kenton Miller made his debut with the team on Sunday in Worcester and scored the game's first goal early in the first period. Miller's tally marked his 22nd tally of the 2017-18 season, combined between Adirondack and Rapid City. The 6-0 winger was acquired from the Rush at the trade deadline and has collected 92 goals throughout his ECHL career.
TUG OF WARD: Thunder forward Brian Ward became the first Adirondack player this season to reach the 25-goal mark as he tallied in the second period against Worcester on Sunday. The second-year center is now two goals shy of the 27 goals he posted during the 2016-17 season and four goals shy of Michael Kirkpatrick's single-season franchise record of 29 goals, set during the 2015-16 season.
I LOVE YOU, MAN-THA: Adirondack netminder Olivier Mantha made a career-high 34 saves on Sunday in Worcester. Mantha also turned aside 10 of the 12 shootout attempts he faced and is now tied with teammate Drew Fielding for the team lead in shootout saves on the season. The Alaska-Anchorage product is now 1-1-1 in three games this season to accompany a .918 save percentage and a 2.62 goals against average.
SHOOTERS SHOOTOUT: In its last game, Adirondack participated in a 12-round shootout on Sunday in Worcester, the longest shootout in franchise history. The 12-round marathon outlasted the nine-round effort between Adirondack and Brampton from early December. The Thunder are now 3-4 in the shootout this season and the three victories tie last season's total for the most in a season in franchise history.
A ROOKIE MOVE: The Thunder added a pair of rookie forwards this afternoon as John Edwardh and Alfred Larsson joined the roster. Edwradh, who recently completed his NCAA career with UMass-Lowell, signed an ATO with the Binghamton Devils last week and was assigned to Adirondack today. Larsson joins the Thunder on an ATO after he spent his collegiate career with Merrimack College.
WHO: Adirondack Thunder (34-21-3-4) vs. Fort Wayne Komets (42-16-2-1)
WHAT: ECHL REGULAR SEASON GAME #837
WHEN: Friday, March 16, 2018 @ 7:00 PM
WHERE: Cool Insuring Arena - Glens Falls, NY
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 16, 2018
- Sholl Earns Second Straight Shutout over Stingrays - Idaho Steelheads
- Novak Scores for Solar Bears in 3-1 Loss to Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Lucky Bounce Gives Wichita Win - Rapid City Rush
- MacMillan Pushes Thunder Past Rush - Wichita Thunder
- Fuel Bounced in Cincinnati - Indy Fuel
- Cyclones Burn Fuel - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Walleye Survive Mallard Comeback Bid - Quad City Mallards
- Horn's Hat Trick Helps Admirals Skate Away with 6-3 Victory on Friday - Norfolk Admirals
- Oilers Spread Around Scoring in Win over Kansas City - Tulsa Oilers
- Railers Score Season High Six Goals in Big Win over Nailers - Worcester Railers HC
- Steelheads Hold Rays at Bay with 1-0 Win - South Carolina Stingrays
- Thunder Shine in 3-2 Overtime Win over Komets - Adirondack Thunder
- Monarchs Bear Down on Grizzlies, 5-4, in Overtime - Manchester Monarchs
- KC Comeback Falls Short at Tulsa - Kansas City Mavericks
- Swamp Rabbits Fall to Admirals Second Half Surge - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Railers Tie Season Series - Wheeling Nailers
- Game Preview: Orlando Solar Bears at Florida Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Forward Garrett Thompson Called up to Iowa - Fort Wayne Komets
- Steelheads Game Day Storylines at South Carolina - Idaho Steelheads
- Adirondack Adds Two in Advance of Tonight's Game - Adirondack Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - March 16 - ECHL
- Mallards Sign Rookie Shea to Tryout - Quad City Mallards
- Cyclones Game Notes: vs. Indy - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Monarchs sign Jared Kolquist and Colton Saucerman heads to Ontario - Manchester Monarchs
- Swamp Rabbits Step into Norfolk for Two - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Walleye Bring in College Forward - Toledo Walleye
- Stingrays Sign J.C. Brassard, Jake Kamrass - South Carolina Stingrays
- Game Day: Final Three-In-Three Kicks off against Greenville - Norfolk Admirals
- Nailers at Railers Game Day Snap Shot, March 16 - Wheeling Nailers
- Monarchs Game Day Capsule, March 16 - Manchester Monarchs
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Gameday - Adirondack (34-21-3-4) vs. Fort Wayne (42-16-2-1) - Adirondack Thunder
- Cyclones Sign Berrafato - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Gameday Report - Mavericks at Oilers - Kansas City Mavericks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Adirondack Thunder Stories
- Adirondack Thunder Issue Statement on Opt out of 2020-21 Season
- Adirondack Lands Veteran Forward Pete Macarthur in Trade with Orlando
- Rookie Defenseman Grant Frederic Turns Pro with Thunder
- Former QMJHL Champion Samuel Laberge Joins Adirondack
- Thunder Acquire Rights to Forward Chase Lang from IceMen