Adirondack Adds Two in Advance of Tonight's Game
Glens Falls, NY - The Adirondack Thunder, proud ECHL affiliate of the New Jersey Devils, announced today that they have two players to their roster in advance of tonight's game against Fort Wayne. The Binghamton Devils have assigned forward John Edwardh to Adirondack and the Thunder have signed forward Alfred Larsson to an amateur tryout.
Edwardh, 23, signed an amateur tryout with Binghamton on March 9 after he completed his collegiate career at UMass-Lowell. The 5-11 winger appeared in 136 career games with the River Hawks and amassed 87 points (38-49-87), in addition to 80 penalty minutes. Edwardh collected a career-best 39 points (19-20-39) as a junior during the 2016-17 season as he heled lead his team to a Hockey East championship. The Calgary, ALTA native was college teammates with current Adirondack Thunder forward Terrence Wallin during the 2014-15 season.
Larsson, 23, heads to the Thunder for the first stop of his professional career after he finished his NCAA career with Merrimack College. The 6-5 forward amassed 21 points (8-13-21) over his 117-game collegiate career, including a career-best 11 points (3-8-11) as a senior during the 2017-18 season. Prior to joining Merrimack, the Malmo, Sweden native previously played junior hockey with the Youngstown Phantoms of the USHL from 2012 - 2014.
The Thunder are back in action this weekend for three games, including home tilts tonight and Saturday evenings at Cool Insuring Arena. Visit ECHLThunder.com or call 518-480-3355 x1 for tickets to all upcoming Thunder home games.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 16, 2018
- Sholl Earns Second Straight Shutout over Stingrays - Idaho Steelheads
- Novak Scores for Solar Bears in 3-1 Loss to Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Lucky Bounce Gives Wichita Win - Rapid City Rush
- MacMillan Pushes Thunder Past Rush - Wichita Thunder
- Fuel Bounced in Cincinnati - Indy Fuel
- Cyclones Burn Fuel - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Walleye Survive Mallard Comeback Bid - Quad City Mallards
- Horn's Hat Trick Helps Admirals Skate Away with 6-3 Victory on Friday - Norfolk Admirals
- Oilers Spread Around Scoring in Win over Kansas City - Tulsa Oilers
- Railers Score Season High Six Goals in Big Win over Nailers - Worcester Railers HC
- Steelheads Hold Rays at Bay with 1-0 Win - South Carolina Stingrays
- Thunder Shine in 3-2 Overtime Win over Komets - Adirondack Thunder
- Monarchs Bear Down on Grizzlies, 5-4, in Overtime - Manchester Monarchs
- KC Comeback Falls Short at Tulsa - Kansas City Mavericks
- Swamp Rabbits Fall to Admirals Second Half Surge - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Railers Tie Season Series - Wheeling Nailers
- Game Preview: Orlando Solar Bears at Florida Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Forward Garrett Thompson Called up to Iowa - Fort Wayne Komets
- Steelheads Game Day Storylines at South Carolina - Idaho Steelheads
- Adirondack Adds Two in Advance of Tonight's Game - Adirondack Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - March 16 - ECHL
- Mallards Sign Rookie Shea to Tryout - Quad City Mallards
- Cyclones Game Notes: vs. Indy - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Monarchs sign Jared Kolquist and Colton Saucerman heads to Ontario - Manchester Monarchs
- Swamp Rabbits Step into Norfolk for Two - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Walleye Bring in College Forward - Toledo Walleye
- Stingrays Sign J.C. Brassard, Jake Kamrass - South Carolina Stingrays
- Game Day: Final Three-In-Three Kicks off against Greenville - Norfolk Admirals
- Nailers at Railers Game Day Snap Shot, March 16 - Wheeling Nailers
- Monarchs Game Day Capsule, March 16 - Manchester Monarchs
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Gameday - Adirondack (34-21-3-4) vs. Fort Wayne (42-16-2-1) - Adirondack Thunder
- Cyclones Sign Berrafato - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Gameday Report - Mavericks at Oilers - Kansas City Mavericks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.