Monarchs sign Jared Kolquist and Colton Saucerman heads to Ontario
MANCHESTER, N.H. - Manchester Monarchs Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations, Rich Seeley, announced today that Jared Kolquist has signed with the Monarchs and Colton Saucerman has been loaned to the Ontario Reign.
The Monarchs are the ECHL affiliate of the National Hockey League's Los Angeles Kings.
Kolquist, 24, joins the Monarchs after finishing his senior season at Merrimack College, where he played in 37 games, racking up four goals and 20 assists for 24 points. Kolquist was the alternate captain at Merrimack his sophomore year, before taking over as the captain for his junior and senior seasons.
The 5-foot-10, 185-pound native of Hermantown, Minn., played in 148 games while at Merrimack College, where he posted 11 goals and 46 assists for 57 points. Prior to skating with the Warriors, Kolquist played two years in the USHL for the Sioux City Musketeers and the Lincoln Stars, where he played in 117 games and scored nine goals and 44 assists for 53 points.
Saucerman, 25, heads to the Reign for his second AHL stint of the season. Saucerman played in three games for the Providence Bruins earlier this season, recording one assist and posting a +4 rating. He has played in 56 games this season for the Monarchs, recording 39 points on five goals and 34 assists, while racking up 78 penalty minutes.
The 5-foot-9, 194-pound native of Colorado Springs, Colo., has played in 113 ECHL games between the South Carolina Stingrays and the Manchester Monarchs since departing from Northeastern University in 2016, where he played in 140 games and recorded 64 points on 20 goals and 44 assists, while winning a Hockey East Championship in 2016. Saucerman has now played in eight AHL games for the Hershey Bears (1), Springfield Thunderbirds (4) and the Providence Bruins (3).
Kolquist and the Monarchs are back in action Friday, Mar. 16 (7 p.m.), at SNHU Arena to take on the Utah Grizzlies.
Images from this story
Jared Kolquist with Merrimack College
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 16, 2018
- Sholl Earns Second Straight Shutout over Stingrays - Idaho Steelheads
- Novak Scores for Solar Bears in 3-1 Loss to Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Lucky Bounce Gives Wichita Win - Rapid City Rush
- MacMillan Pushes Thunder Past Rush - Wichita Thunder
- Fuel Bounced in Cincinnati - Indy Fuel
- Cyclones Burn Fuel - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Walleye Survive Mallard Comeback Bid - Quad City Mallards
- Horn's Hat Trick Helps Admirals Skate Away with 6-3 Victory on Friday - Norfolk Admirals
- Oilers Spread Around Scoring in Win over Kansas City - Tulsa Oilers
- Railers Score Season High Six Goals in Big Win over Nailers - Worcester Railers HC
- Steelheads Hold Rays at Bay with 1-0 Win - South Carolina Stingrays
- Thunder Shine in 3-2 Overtime Win over Komets - Adirondack Thunder
- Monarchs Bear Down on Grizzlies, 5-4, in Overtime - Manchester Monarchs
- KC Comeback Falls Short at Tulsa - Kansas City Mavericks
- Swamp Rabbits Fall to Admirals Second Half Surge - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Railers Tie Season Series - Wheeling Nailers
- Game Preview: Orlando Solar Bears at Florida Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Forward Garrett Thompson Called up to Iowa - Fort Wayne Komets
- Steelheads Game Day Storylines at South Carolina - Idaho Steelheads
- Adirondack Adds Two in Advance of Tonight's Game - Adirondack Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - March 16 - ECHL
- Mallards Sign Rookie Shea to Tryout - Quad City Mallards
- Cyclones Game Notes: vs. Indy - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Monarchs sign Jared Kolquist and Colton Saucerman heads to Ontario - Manchester Monarchs
- Swamp Rabbits Step into Norfolk for Two - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Walleye Bring in College Forward - Toledo Walleye
- Stingrays Sign J.C. Brassard, Jake Kamrass - South Carolina Stingrays
- Game Day: Final Three-In-Three Kicks off against Greenville - Norfolk Admirals
- Nailers at Railers Game Day Snap Shot, March 16 - Wheeling Nailers
- Monarchs Game Day Capsule, March 16 - Manchester Monarchs
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Gameday - Adirondack (34-21-3-4) vs. Fort Wayne (42-16-2-1) - Adirondack Thunder
- Cyclones Sign Berrafato - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Gameday Report - Mavericks at Oilers - Kansas City Mavericks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.