Fresno loses Monday's series-opener at Albuquerque
Albuquerque, NM - The Fresno Grizzlies (48-47) slipped to 2-3 on their current 11-game road trip, dropping a 6-2 decision to the Albuquerque Isotopes (41-54) in the clubs' series opener on Monday night. This is the first of two four-game series in the Duke City this season for Fresno.
Elliot Soto (6, third inning) and Roberto Ramos (20, pinch-hit in seventh) each clubbed solo homers for the Isotopes. A Sam Hilliard RBI triple followed Soto's homer in the third and Pat Valaika's RBI single capped a three-run inning for the home side in their biggest frame. Drew Butera opened the scoring with an RBI single in the bottom of the second.
Andrew Stevenson's solo homer in the fifth inning and Alec Keller's sac fly in the sixth resulted in the Grizzlies' only runs, as Fresno dropped to 24-22 on the road this season. The Grizzlies have alternated loss-win in seven consecutive ballgames and are 12-12 in 2019 in series openers (6-6 home, 6-6 road).
Top Performers: Fresno Grizzlies (Washington Nationals)
- RF Alec Keller (2-3, RBI)
- 1B Jose Marmolejos & LF Chuck Taylor (2-4, 2B)
- LHP Taylor Guilbeau (1.1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 K)
Top Performers: Albuquerque Isotopes (Colorado Rockies)
- SS Elliot Soto (2-4, solo HR)
- 3B Josh Fuentes (2-4, R)
- PH Roberto Ramos (solo HR)
DAY DATE OPPONENT PROBABLE PITCHERS TIME (PT) RADIO/TV
Tuesday July 16 Albuquerque Isotopes (Road) RHP Joe Ross (Fresno) vs. RHP Tim Melville (Albuquerque) 5:35 p.m. KRDU 1130 AM / MiLB.TV
ON THAT FRES-NOTE: Despite Monday's defeat, the Grizzlies are 90-59 all-time against "Albuquerque"...during Fresno's first three Triple-A seasons (1998-2000), the Grizzlies went 12-8 against the Albuquerque Dukes before a two-season professional baseball hiatus in the city (2001-2002). The relocated Calgary Cannons franchise began play at brand new Isotopes Park in 2003, and has just a 51-78 record against Fresno since.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from July 16, 2019
- Express Fly Past Redbirds 4-1 - Round Rock Express
- Round Rock Tops Memphis, 4-1 - Memphis Redbirds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Nashville Sounds - San Antonio Missions
- Mills Recalled by Chicago - Iowa Cubs
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (40-54) vs. San Antonio Missions (59-36) - Nashville Sounds
- Lopes Belts Homer, Rainiers Shut out Las Vegas in Pitchers' Duel on Tuesday - Tacoma Rainiers
- Redbirds, Walmart Partner to Give out School Supplies on "Back to School Night" - Memphis Redbirds
- Fresno Grizzlies to Extend Safety Netting at Chukchansi Park - Fresno Grizzlies
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (38-57) at Round Rock Express (55-40) - Memphis Redbirds
- Sounds Return Home Friday for Six-Game, Seven-Day Homestand - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes vs. El Paso - Reno Aces
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - July 16, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Saturday MVP Field Day to Cap 2019 OKC Dodgers MVP Program Presented by Devon Energy - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Ninth Inning Rally Comes up Short - Salt Lake Bees
- River Cats hang on for wild win in Salt Lake - Sacramento River Cats
- Koch Keeps Chichuahuas Quiet - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Lopes Goes Yard, Tacoma's Winning Streak Snapped by Vegas in Opener - Tacoma Rainiers
- Matt Koch Shines in Aces Homestand Opener - Reno Aces
- Missions Top Chasers 9-5 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Memphis Edges Round Rock 8-6 in Series Opener - Round Rock Express
- 'Cakes Come from Behind and Beat Omaha - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Fresno loses Monday's series-opener at Albuquerque - Fresno Grizzlies
- Isotopes Down Grizzlies 6-2 in Series Opener - Albuquerque Isotopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.