Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Nashville Sounds
San Antonio Missions (59-36) vs. Nashville Sounds (40-54)
Game #95/Home Game #51
Tuesday July 16, 7:05 p.m.
Nelson Wolff Stadium
MiLB.tv / KONO 860 AM
LHP Drew Smyly (1-0, 3.00) vs. RHP Pedro Payano (2-2, 3.08)
Wins Piling Up: The Missions are on a five-game winning streak for the fifth time this season. Their previous four five-game streaks all turned into six-game streaks with their season-long seven-game winning streak coming from June 13-20.
Power Up: Trent Grisham entered the 2019 season with 19 career home runs in 354 games. With another home run last night he now has 21 in 84 games this season between Double-A Biloxi (13) and San Antonio (8). Over his last three games Grisham is batting .643 (9-for-14) with 7 runs, 3 home runs, 6 RBI, a walk, and 2 steals.
Run Driver: Cory Spangenberg has driven in at least one run in five straight games, in six of his last seven games, and seven of his last nine. Spangenberg's five-game stretch matches a career-long, which he achieved from May 11-15, 2012 with Advanced-A Lake Elsinore. Tyler Saladino had a team-high seven-game RBI streak from April 10-17. During his five-game RBI streak Spangenberg has driven in 10 runs. Saladino drove in 10 runs during his seven-game streak.
RISP Taker: David Freitas went 2-for-2 with runners in scoring position last night and is now batting .500 (30-for-60) in that situation with the Missions in 2019. Freitas' .500 batting average with runners in scoring position is the highest in the PCL among players with at least 60 at-bats in that situation.
WHAT THEY'RE SAYING
San Antonio Missions Baseball Club (@missionsmilb)
Tomorrow is another Military Appreciation Night! All active and retired military men and women can show their military ID at the Missions ticket office and receive up to four complimentary tickets!
BREW MATHs (@BREW_MATHs)
TRAVIS SHAW, The Mission: .279 AVG / .419 OBP / .544 SLG OPS: .963 86 PA / 68 AB 6 HR (11.33 AB/HR) 15 RBI 19K + 16BB @missionsmilb @SAMissionsRadio @BriggsMissions #MiLB #Missions #Brewers #ThisIsMyCrew
Two Strike Noise (@TwoStrikeNoise)
#OTD 1988 The @missionsmilb finally beats the Jackson #Mets, 1-0 in 26 innings. The game took a total of 7:23 to play over two days. #MiLB #MLB #extrainnings
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from July 16, 2019
- Express Fly Past Redbirds 4-1 - Round Rock Express
- Round Rock Tops Memphis, 4-1 - Memphis Redbirds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Nashville Sounds - San Antonio Missions
- Mills Recalled by Chicago - Iowa Cubs
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (40-54) vs. San Antonio Missions (59-36) - Nashville Sounds
- Lopes Belts Homer, Rainiers Shut out Las Vegas in Pitchers' Duel on Tuesday - Tacoma Rainiers
- Redbirds, Walmart Partner to Give out School Supplies on "Back to School Night" - Memphis Redbirds
- Fresno Grizzlies to Extend Safety Netting at Chukchansi Park - Fresno Grizzlies
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (38-57) at Round Rock Express (55-40) - Memphis Redbirds
- Sounds Return Home Friday for Six-Game, Seven-Day Homestand - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes vs. El Paso - Reno Aces
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - July 16, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Saturday MVP Field Day to Cap 2019 OKC Dodgers MVP Program Presented by Devon Energy - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Ninth Inning Rally Comes up Short - Salt Lake Bees
- River Cats hang on for wild win in Salt Lake - Sacramento River Cats
- Koch Keeps Chichuahuas Quiet - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Lopes Goes Yard, Tacoma's Winning Streak Snapped by Vegas in Opener - Tacoma Rainiers
- Matt Koch Shines in Aces Homestand Opener - Reno Aces
- Missions Top Chasers 9-5 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Memphis Edges Round Rock 8-6 in Series Opener - Round Rock Express
- 'Cakes Come from Behind and Beat Omaha - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Fresno loses Monday's series-opener at Albuquerque - Fresno Grizzlies
- Isotopes Down Grizzlies 6-2 in Series Opener - Albuquerque Isotopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.