Fournier Returns to Wichita; Manchurek Signed
WICHITA, Kan. - The Wichita Thunder, ECHL affiliate of the National Hockey League's Edmonton Oilers and American Hockey League's Bakersfield Condors and powered by Toyota, announced today the signing of forwards Stefan Fournier and Joe Manchurek. Additionally, goaltender Olivier Rodrigue has been reassigned to Bakersfield.
Fournier, 29, returns to Wichita for his fourth season in Thunder blue and his ninth as a pro. He started the year in Slovakia with HK Dukla Michalovce, tallying two goals and 118 penalty minutes in just 15 games.
After having a career year in 2019-20 where he recorded 42 points (24g, 18a), he followed that up with another 40-point performance. In 55 games last year, he potted 22 goals, 20 assists for 42 points.
A native of Dorval, Quebec, the 6-foot-3, 225-pound forward took over the franchise-lead in ECHL points last season, recording a goal and an assist on May 15 against Rapid City. Overall, he has 113 points (63g, 50a) in 145 games since coming to the Air Capital. Fournier holds the franchise lead for ECHL points since the team joined the league.
Fournier will serve as the team's Player Assistant Coach. He has served as the Player Assistant for the last two seasons.
Manchurek, 25, turns pro after playing the last four seasons at the University of Toronto. The Windsor, Ontario native was a teammate of current Thunder rookie forward David Thomson. His best year came in 2019-20 when he recorded 36 points (14g, 22a) in 27 games for the Varsity Blues and was named to the USports Second All-Star Team. Manchurek totaled 63 points (23g, 40a) in 49 games during his collegiate career.
Prior to turning pro, the 6-foot-1, 194-pound forward played four full seasons for the Oshawa Generals. He served as an alternate captain in 20-15-16 and was named captain in 2016-17. In 2014-15, he helped the Generals to an Ontario Hockey League title and won the Memorial Cup. Manchurek tallied 112 points (48g, 64a) in 239 career games with Oshawa.
Wichita opens a busy week on Tuesday in Kansas City starting at 7:05 p.m.
Single game tickets are on sale now. Tickets can be purchased at the Wichita Thunder office located at 505 W. Maple, Suite 100, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. On weekday game days, the Thunder office closes at 4 p.m. Click here to purchase online!
ï»¿Fans can also purchase tickets at the Select-A-Seat Box Office at INTRUST Bank Arena Monday through Friday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and starting at noon on weekend game days.
Season tickets for the 2021-22 season are still available. Join Thunder Nation today and lock in your seat(s) for all 36 home games at INTRUST Bank Arena.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 10, 2022
- Early Goals Down Stingrays in Orlando - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mavs Complete Comeback Win in Overtime in Iowa - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mavs Drop Game Two of Military Appreciation Weekend - Kansas City Mavericks
- Nolan Valleau Loaned to Stockton Heat - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - January 10 - ECHL
- Rabbits Add Forward with Eastman Signing - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Fournier Returns to Wichita; Manchurek Signed - Wichita Thunder
- Bear Bites - Solar Bears Update - Orlando Solar Bears
- Mariners and Arcadia Expand Support for Make-A-Wish Maine Throughout January - Maine Mariners
- MLK Night this Friday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Jiggs McDonald to Serve as Keynote Speaker at 2022 ECHL Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony - Jacksonville Icemen
- Jiggs McDonald to Serve as Keynote Speaker at 2022 ECHL Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony - ECHL
- Grizzlies Weekly: Big Homestand Beginning Friday - Utah Grizzlies
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. South Carolina Stingrays: January 10, 2022 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Steelheads Weekly - January 10, 2022 - Idaho Steelheads
- Americans Weekly - Allen Americans
- Everblades Head to Greenville for Rabbit Season - Florida Everblades
- Thunder Weekly, January 10 - Wichita Thunder
- Rockford Signs Defenseman Mike Lee to PTO - Indy Fuel
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 12 - Indy Fuel
- Weekly Roundup: Glads Break out Brooms - Atlanta Gladiators
- Toledo Walleye Weekly No. 12: January 10, 2022 - Toledo Walleye
- Frustrating Weekend Concludes with Kalamazoo Win - Wheeling Nailers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wichita Thunder Stories
- Thunder Unveils 2022-23 Regular Season Schedule
- Crinella Called up to Springfield; Rodrgiue Reassigned to Bakersfield
- NHL Exhibition Game Coming to INTRUST Bank Arena
- Thunder Announces 2021-22 End of Season Team Awards
- Thunder Ends Season with 4-1 Loss vs. Kansas City