Bear Bites - Solar Bears Update
ORLANDO, Fla. - After an eight-day stretch with no games, the Orlando Solar Bears get back to work with a busy week of four games, starting tonight as they host the South Carolina Stingrays at 7 p.m. at the AdventHealth Rink at Amway Center. The Solar Bears then welcome the Wheeling Nailers to town for a three-in-three set beginning Friday, Jan. 14.
THIS WEEK'S GAMES:
Monday, Jan. 10 vs. South Carolina Stingrays
Friday, Jan. 14 vs. Wheeling Nailers - Hockey is for Everyone
Saturday, Jan. 15 vs. Wheeling Nailers - Celebrity Classic / Cosplay Night
Sunday, Jan. 16 vs. Wheeling Nailers - VyStar Credit Union Sunday
Sunday's game is a VyStar Credit Union Solar Bears Sunday - The first 100 VyStar members who present their VyStar debit/credit card at the Amway Center box office can score a free pair of tickets to the game. Once all 100 pairs are claimed, VyStar members cans till take advantage of a buy-one, get-one ticket offer. Visit vystarcu.org/solarbears for more info.
The Orlando Solar Bears, along with VyStar Credit Union, have announced the launch of a co-branded debit card, available now for all VyStar Credit Union members.
Fans can get a Solar Bears debit card when they open a VyStar account with a minimum balance of $5 at any branch location. They can also apply for membership online at apply.vystarcu.org but will need to visit a branch to get a Solar Bears card. Current members can request a co-branded card by visiting a branch, calling 800-445-6289 or speaking to a VyChat representative at www.vystarcu.org.
AT A GLANCE
SEASON RECORD: 16-12-1-0
LAST WEEK'S RECORD: 0-0-0-0
RECORD IN LAST 10 GAMES: 5-5-0-0
SOUTH DIVISION STANDINGS: 4th of 7
TOP SCORER: Michael Brodzinski - 18 points
MOST GOALS: Luke Boka - 9
MOST ASSISTS: Michael Brodzinski - 13 assists
PIM LEADER: Chad Duchesne - 29 PIM
PLUS-MINUS LEADER: Jake Transit - +7
Hunter Fejes enters the week with seven points (5g-2a) in his last three games, and took home, Inglasco/ECHL Player of the Week honors for the week of Dec. 27.
Orlando is tied for third with seven shorthanded goals scored.
Brad Barone is second in the ECHL with a .934 save percentage and tied for fourth with 10 wins.
Orlando is 12-1-0-0 when scoring first.
Luke McInnis and Michael Brodzinski are tied for second among Eastern Conference defensemen in goals with five.
The Solar Bears are 10-1-1-0 when leading after two periods.
Luke Boka is one of two ECHL rookies with two overtime-winning goals.
Nominate a Pizza Hut Teacher of the Month Today!
BEARS IN THE NHL:
Several former Solar Bears currently occupy spots on NHL rosters for the 2021-22 season - here we will track their progress:
Hugo Alnefelt* - Goaltender - Tampa Bay Lightning - 1 GP, 0-0-0, .700%
Zach Fucale - Goaltender - Washington Capitals - 3 GP, 1-0-1, .980%
Christopher Gibson* - Goaltender - Florida Panthers - 0 GP, 0-0-0, .000%
Connor Ingram* - Goaltender - Nashville Predators - 2 GP, 1-1-0, .906%
Darcy Kuemper - Goaltender - Colorado Avalanche - 23 GP, 16-5-0, .908%
Mason Marchment - Forward - Florida Panthers - 13 GP, 2g-8a
Spencer Martin - Goaltender - Vancouver Canucks - 0 GP, 0-0-0, .000%
Ryan Reaves - Forward - New York Rangers - 31 GP, 0g-6a
Garret Sparks* - Goaltender - L.A. Kings - 1 GP, 1-0-0, .
* Currently assigned to AHL
BEAR TRACKS, PRESENTED BY PINK WHITNEY BY NEW AMSTERDAM VODKA:
Defenseman Andrew McLean joined us for last week's episode to share his hockey journey from Michigan, along with his love of metal, his pre-game workout routine, and his love of skateboarding.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 10, 2022
- Early Goals Down Stingrays in Orlando - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mavs Complete Comeback Win in Overtime in Iowa - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mavs Drop Game Two of Military Appreciation Weekend - Kansas City Mavericks
- Nolan Valleau Loaned to Stockton Heat - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - January 10 - ECHL
- Rabbits Add Forward with Eastman Signing - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Fournier Returns to Wichita; Manchurek Signed - Wichita Thunder
- Bear Bites - Solar Bears Update - Orlando Solar Bears
- Mariners and Arcadia Expand Support for Make-A-Wish Maine Throughout January - Maine Mariners
- MLK Night this Friday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Jiggs McDonald to Serve as Keynote Speaker at 2022 ECHL Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony - Jacksonville Icemen
- Jiggs McDonald to Serve as Keynote Speaker at 2022 ECHL Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony - ECHL
- Grizzlies Weekly: Big Homestand Beginning Friday - Utah Grizzlies
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. South Carolina Stingrays: January 10, 2022 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Steelheads Weekly - January 10, 2022 - Idaho Steelheads
- Americans Weekly - Allen Americans
- Everblades Head to Greenville for Rabbit Season - Florida Everblades
- Thunder Weekly, January 10 - Wichita Thunder
- Rockford Signs Defenseman Mike Lee to PTO - Indy Fuel
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 12 - Indy Fuel
- Weekly Roundup: Glads Break out Brooms - Atlanta Gladiators
- Toledo Walleye Weekly No. 12: January 10, 2022 - Toledo Walleye
- Frustrating Weekend Concludes with Kalamazoo Win - Wheeling Nailers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando Solar Bears Stories
- Solar Bears Announce School Day Game for 2022-23 Season
- Solar Bears 2022-23 Home Opener Is October 23 vs. Icemen
- Solar Bears and Head Coach Drake Berehowsky Agree to Part Ways
- Bird, McInnis Receive Try-Outs with Barracuda
- Solar Bears Eliminated from Playoffs in 3-1 Loss to Icemen