Fort Wayne Ends Trip With Extra-Inning L
CLINTON, Iowa - The TinCaps finished their nine-game road trip with a 6-5 loss to the Clinton LumberKings (Miami Marlins affiliate) in 11 innings on Monday afternoon.
Clinton (17-7, 50-43) started the game with a run in the first. However, that was all the L-Kings would get against lefty Joey Cantillo, who struck out eight over six innings of one-run ball, lowering his season ERA to a Midwest League-low 2.03. He leads the circuit in strikeouts with 105 in 80 innings over 16 starts.
Fort Wayne (7-17, 40-52) tied the game, 1-1, with an unearned run in the second.
But after the early runs, the game developed into a pitchers' duel.
Henry Henry followed Cantillo with three scoreless innings of relief.
The TinCaps went ahead, 4-1, with three runs in the top of the 10th as shortstop Justin Lopez hit a go-ahead sacrifice fly and Luke Becker added a two-run double. However, in the home 10th, the LumberKings tied the game, 4-4, on a three-run homer by Peyton Burdick.
Fort Wayne went up 5-4 in the 10th yet Clinton plated a pair of unearned runs to walk the game off.
All 16 teams in the Midwest League are off on Tuesday.
Wednesday, July 17 vs. Peoria (7:05 p.m.)
- TinCaps Probable Starter: LHP Ryan Weathers
- Chiefs Probable Starter:
Watch: Comcast Network 81 & MiLB.TV
Listen: ESPN Radio 1380 & 100.9 FM | TinCapsRadio.com | TuneIn
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from July 15, 2019
- Snappers' Road Trip Ends On Sour Note - Beloit Snappers
- Cougars End Road Trip with Bang - Kane County Cougars
- Dragons Complete Series Sweep over Beloit with 9-1 Win - Dayton Dragons
- 'Caps Use Three Pitchers in 9-1 Loss - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Kai-Wei Teng Named MWL Pitcher of the Week - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- River Bandits Swipe Finale from Cubs 4-3 - South Bend Cubs
- Hot Rods Sweep Timber Rattlers With 8-4 Win - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Fort Wayne Ends Trip With Extra-Inning L - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Lugnuts Come up a Touchdown Short, 14-7 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Bandits Win Extra-Inning Game and Series in South Bend - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Wisconsin Drops Final Game of Road Trip with 8-4 Loss to Hot Rods - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- LumberKings Complete Sweep with 11-inning Win - Clinton LumberKings
- Javier, Kernels Blast Lugnuts for 14-7 Win - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Whalen Collects Two Hits Monday for Chiefs - Peoria Chiefs
- Monday Matinee Victory - Great Lakes Loons
- Schneemann Wins Player of the Week Honors - Lake County Captains
- Dragons Notes for Monday - Dayton Dragons
- Bees Lose to Captains 5-2 Late in Game - Burlington Bees
- River Bandits to Host Child Safety Night at Modern Woodmen Park on Friday - Quad Cities River Bandits
- TinCaps Game Notes: July 15 at Clinton (Game 92) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.