Schneemann Wins Player of the Week Honors
(Eastlake, OH) - The Midwest League and the Lake County Captains, Class-A affiliate of the Cleveland Indians, announced today that Captains shortstop Daniel Schneemann has been named the Midwest League Player of the Week for July 8-14.
Schneemann was the picture of consistency this past week. The left-handed hitter went 12-for-19 (.632) with a double, a triple, three RBI and three runs scored. Schneemann posted a .650 on-base percentage, a .780 slugging percentage and did not strike out all week.
Schneemann, drafted by Cleveland in the 33rd round of last year's draft out of Brigham Young University, tallied multiple hits in four of the five games he played last week, highlighted by a 4-for-4 performance at Burlington on Saturday. The offensive onslaught included a key eighth-inning RBI triple and Schneemann later scored the tying run in a come-from-behind win for Lake County.
Schneemann pushed his season batting average above .300 for the first time this year after Saturday's perfect day at the plate. He comes into today batting .312 and, since the All-Star Break, is leading the league in batting average (.409) and OPS (1.017).
Information about Classic Park or the Captains can be found online at www.captainsbaseball.com and by phone at 440-954-WINS (9467). Affordable ticket packages and group party and picnic options are available now.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from July 15, 2019
- Snappers' Road Trip Ends On Sour Note - Beloit Snappers
- Cougars End Road Trip with Bang - Kane County Cougars
- Dragons Complete Series Sweep over Beloit with 9-1 Win - Dayton Dragons
- 'Caps Use Three Pitchers in 9-1 Loss - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Kai-Wei Teng Named MWL Pitcher of the Week - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- River Bandits Swipe Finale from Cubs 4-3 - South Bend Cubs
- Hot Rods Sweep Timber Rattlers With 8-4 Win - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Fort Wayne Ends Trip With Extra-Inning L - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Lugnuts Come up a Touchdown Short, 14-7 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Bandits Win Extra-Inning Game and Series in South Bend - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Wisconsin Drops Final Game of Road Trip with 8-4 Loss to Hot Rods - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- LumberKings Complete Sweep with 11-inning Win - Clinton LumberKings
- Javier, Kernels Blast Lugnuts for 14-7 Win - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Whalen Collects Two Hits Monday for Chiefs - Peoria Chiefs
- Monday Matinee Victory - Great Lakes Loons
- Schneemann Wins Player of the Week Honors - Lake County Captains
- Dragons Notes for Monday - Dayton Dragons
- Bees Lose to Captains 5-2 Late in Game - Burlington Bees
- River Bandits to Host Child Safety Night at Modern Woodmen Park on Friday - Quad Cities River Bandits
- TinCaps Game Notes: July 15 at Clinton (Game 92) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lake County Captains Stories
- Movie Nights Powered by NOPEC Will Begin August 22
- Captains Postpone Movie Nights Powered by NOPEC
- Captains, City of Eastlake Cancel July 22 Concert
- Captains to Host Five Movie Nights Powered by NOPEC
- Captains, City of Eastlake Announce July 22 Concert at Captains Ballpark