River Bandits to Host Child Safety Night at Modern Woodmen Park on Friday
Davenport, Iowa - The Quad Cities River Bandits have teamed with Per Mar Security to host Child Safety Night at Modern Woodmen Park on Friday, July 19. The River Bandits host the Dayton Dragons with a 6:35 p.m. first pitch scheduled. Earlier this month, Mayor Frank Klipsch and the Davenport City Council proclaimed the week of July 14-20 as Child Safety Week. The event at the ballpark is the highlight of the week.
Per Mar and the River Bandits, as well as the Davenport Police Department, KlaasKids Foundation, UnityPoint Health-Trinity, and the City of Davenport will educate parents and guardians on the importance of comprehensive child safety. The first 1,000 fans to enter the stadium will also receive a free, clear plastic tote thanks to Per Mar Security. Following the game, there will be a fireworks show presented by Smart Toyota.
During Child Safety Night, Marc Klaas of the non-profit, KlaasKids Foundation, and Per Mar will host a KlaasKids Print-A-Thon to promote and educate families about child safety and fingerprint and photograph children at no cost. The KlaasKids Print-A-Thon will start when the gates open for the game at 5:35pm and continue until the end of the game. Parents are encouraged to bring their children (3 months+) to the Sports Lounge in Modern Woodman Park during this time. Using computerized systems originally designed for a federal law enforcement agency, parents will receive digitized fingerprints and an updated photograph of each child, pro-active child safety tips, a plan on what to do if your child disappears, and a DNA Collection Kit developed by the California DNA Laboratory.
Marc Klaas, the father of kidnap/murder victim Polly Klaas will attend and participate in the event. Klaas will be available for remote radio and print interviews prior to the event and will be available for live interviews on the day of the event. To arrange interviews, please contact Tricia Griffith 801-560-1933.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from July 15, 2019
- Snappers' Road Trip Ends On Sour Note - Beloit Snappers
- Cougars End Road Trip with Bang - Kane County Cougars
- Dragons Complete Series Sweep over Beloit with 9-1 Win - Dayton Dragons
- 'Caps Use Three Pitchers in 9-1 Loss - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Kai-Wei Teng Named MWL Pitcher of the Week - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- River Bandits Swipe Finale from Cubs 4-3 - South Bend Cubs
- Hot Rods Sweep Timber Rattlers With 8-4 Win - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Fort Wayne Ends Trip With Extra-Inning L - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Lugnuts Come up a Touchdown Short, 14-7 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Bandits Win Extra-Inning Game and Series in South Bend - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Wisconsin Drops Final Game of Road Trip with 8-4 Loss to Hot Rods - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- LumberKings Complete Sweep with 11-inning Win - Clinton LumberKings
- Javier, Kernels Blast Lugnuts for 14-7 Win - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Whalen Collects Two Hits Monday for Chiefs - Peoria Chiefs
- Monday Matinee Victory - Great Lakes Loons
- Schneemann Wins Player of the Week Honors - Lake County Captains
- Dragons Notes for Monday - Dayton Dragons
- Bees Lose to Captains 5-2 Late in Game - Burlington Bees
- River Bandits to Host Child Safety Night at Modern Woodmen Park on Friday - Quad Cities River Bandits
- TinCaps Game Notes: July 15 at Clinton (Game 92) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Quad Cities River Bandits Stories
- Movies at Modern Woodmen Park
- River Bandits and Genesis Team up on COVID-19 T-Shirt
- MiLB Season Suspended for 2020 and on Hiatus Until 2021
- River Bandits/Purina to Hold Pet Food Pantry at Modern Woodmen Park
- River Bandits/Genesis PPE Drive at Modern Woodmen Park