Dragons Notes for Monday
Monday, July 15, 2019 l Game # 24 (94)
Fifth Third Field l Dayton, Ohio l 7:00 p.m.
Radio: Fox Sports 980 WONE
Beloit Snappers (7-15, 34-56) at Dayton Dragons (10-13, 39-54)
RH Aiden McIntyre (2-6, 4.82) at Dayton RH Eduardo Salazar (4-1, 4.58)
Today's Game: The Dayton Dragons (affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds) meet the Beloit Snappers (affiliate of the Oakland Athletics) in the last game of a three-game series.
2019 Season Series between Dayton and Beloit: Dragons 2, Beloit 0. Dayton Record on current homestand: 4-4.
Last Game: Sunday: Dayton 8, Beloit 6. The Dragons trailed 5-0 after one-half inning before rallying to take the lead by the bottom of the sixth. The big hit was a two-out, two-run triple by Pabel Manzanero that closed out the scoring for the day. Dragons relievers Ryan Campbell and Clate Schmidt combined to work the final four innings, allowing just one hit and no runs. Manzanero had three hits and four RBI to lead a 13-hit Dayton attack. The win marked the first time since July 28, 2018 that the Dragons overcame a deficit of at least five runs to win.
The Dragons have a 10-game winning streak this season (June 2-12). A win today would give them three straight wins and their second winning streak of more than two games.
Dragons pitchers have posted an ERA of 2.20 (45 IP, 11 ER) in the five games against West Division opponents beginning Wednesday. Dragons relievers have allowed two runs in 22.2 innings (0.79 ERA) in those five games.
The Dragons are 22-7 when scoring at least four runs at home this season. They are 12-3 when scoring the first run of the game at home, but only 10-16 when scoring first on the road.
Pabel Manzanero over his last 11 games is 19 for 45 (.422). In the Second Half, Manzanero leads the league in extra base hits (14) and is tied for first in doubles (10). He is third in RBI (15). He ranks 2nd in slugging percentage (.580), 5th in OPS (.928), and 7th in batting average (.341).
Bren Spillane over his last 13 games is batting .378 (17 for 45).
Michael Siani is hitting .357 in his last eight games with three stolen bases.
Morgan Lofstrom over his last five games is batting .353, and five of his six hits are doubles.
Matt Pidich over his last 17 games: 1.16 ERA, 31 IP, 19 H, 9 R, 4 ER, 10 BB, 30 SO.
Upcoming Probable Pitchers (Game times are Dayton time) (All games on WONE 980 AM and www.daytondragons.com)
Tuesday, July 16: Do Not Play
Wednesday, July 17 (7:35 p.m.): Dayton RH Jhon De Jesus (2-8, 4.64) at Quad Cities LH Jonathan Bermudez (2-0, 5.55)
Thursday, July 18 (7:35 p.m.): Dayton RH Lyon Richardson (2-7, 4.41) at Quad Cities RH Brett Daniels (4-4, 1.59)
Friday, July 19 (7:35 p.m.): Dayton RH Alexis Diaz (7-4, 5.18) at Quad Cities RH Jose Bravo (1-2, 3.78)
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from July 15, 2019
- Snappers' Road Trip Ends On Sour Note - Beloit Snappers
- Cougars End Road Trip with Bang - Kane County Cougars
- Dragons Complete Series Sweep over Beloit with 9-1 Win - Dayton Dragons
- 'Caps Use Three Pitchers in 9-1 Loss - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Kai-Wei Teng Named MWL Pitcher of the Week - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- River Bandits Swipe Finale from Cubs 4-3 - South Bend Cubs
- Hot Rods Sweep Timber Rattlers With 8-4 Win - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Fort Wayne Ends Trip With Extra-Inning L - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Lugnuts Come up a Touchdown Short, 14-7 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Bandits Win Extra-Inning Game and Series in South Bend - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Wisconsin Drops Final Game of Road Trip with 8-4 Loss to Hot Rods - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- LumberKings Complete Sweep with 11-inning Win - Clinton LumberKings
- Javier, Kernels Blast Lugnuts for 14-7 Win - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Whalen Collects Two Hits Monday for Chiefs - Peoria Chiefs
- Monday Matinee Victory - Great Lakes Loons
- Schneemann Wins Player of the Week Honors - Lake County Captains
- Dragons Notes for Monday - Dayton Dragons
- Bees Lose to Captains 5-2 Late in Game - Burlington Bees
- River Bandits to Host Child Safety Night at Modern Woodmen Park on Friday - Quad Cities River Bandits
- TinCaps Game Notes: July 15 at Clinton (Game 92) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Dayton Dragons Stories
- Registration Underway for Dragons 5K
- CareSource Continues Partnership with Dayton Dragons to Salute Area Veterans
- Dragons Announce Stadium Naming Rights Agreement with Day Air Credit Union
- Registration Begins Today for Dragons National Anthem Tryouts
- Dayton Dragons 2019 Organizational Year in Review