Falcons Join Forces with Clear Channel Stations to Support 'The One Fund Boston'
Springfield, Mass. - The Springfield Falcons announced on Saturday that they have teamed up with local Clear Channel radio stations WHYN NewsTalk 560, Mix 93.1, and Kix 100.9 to raise donations for "The One Fund Boston" to help people most affected by the tragic events in Boston this past Monday.
The Falcons will join all three stations this upcoming Monday as they broadcast live outside of Target at the Holyoke Mall from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Fans who make an on-site donation to The One Fund Boston will be entered into a raffle to win an autographed, game-worn Ryan Craig "Hometown Heroes Night" jersey. Craig and the Falcons wore the American-flag themed jerseys on Nov. 9 during the club's Hometown Heroes Night, which honored local police officers and firefighters, along with servicemen and women. Fans who make a donation will also be entered to win Falcons playoff tickets.
The Falcons' mascot, Screech, will appear at the Holyoke Mall on Monday as well from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and from 4 to 7 p.m.
For those who cannot make it out to the Holyoke Mall on Monday but still would like to donate to this cause, visit OneFundBoston.org.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 20, 2013
- Home Dates Set for Griffins' First Round Series - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Heat Lose to Barons in Season Finale - Abbotsford Heat
- Texas Stunner, Hogs Battle Back for a 5-3 Win - Rockford IceHogs
- Rampage Drop 5-2 Decision to Houston on Fan Appreciation - San Antonio Rampage
- Crunch Capture Division Title with 4-3 Win over Sharks - Syracuse Crunch
- Big Noise in Phantoms Season Farewell - Adirondack Phantoms
- Monsters End Season on High Note with Shutout Win - Cleveland Monsters
- Texas Stars Clinch Top Seed in Western Conference in Spite of Loss - Texas Stars
- Griffins Blanked by Monsters - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rivermen Held in Check 5-0 - Peoria Rivermen
- Barons Open Calder Cup Playoffs at Home on April 26 - Oklahoma City Barons
- Falcons Complete Record Season In Fitting Fashion - Springfield Falcons
- Senators Hold off Bears - Hershey Bears
- Aeros Surge Past Rampage 5-2 - Houston Aeros
- Monarchs clinch seventh seed in Post-season; Win sixth straight game - Manchester Monarchs
- Penguins Downed by Monarchs in Regular Season Finale - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Sharks Battle for Three Goals in 3rd Period in 4-3 Shootout Loss - Worcester Sharks
- P-Bruins Shut out Sound Tigers 3-0 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- B-Sens Take Down Bears in Home Finale, 4-2 - Binghamton Senators
- Americans Defeat Bulldogs 5-1 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Portland defeats Whale - Connecticut Whale
- Albany Breaks Scoreless Stalemate Late, Shuts out Admirals 2-0 - Norfolk Admirals
- Lane Hat Trick Lifts Pirates over Whale - Portland Pirates
- Monarchs Head to 2013 Calder Cup Playoffs - Manchester Monarchs
- Wolves Eliminated from Playoff Hunt with 2-0 Loss to Milwaukee - Chicago Wolves
- Checkers Rout Peoria, Clinch Home Ice - Charlotte Checkers
- Bruins Shutout Sound Tigers - Providence Bruins
- Frazee, Devils Blank Admirals - Albany Devils
- Syracuse Crunch Announce Year End Award Winners - Syracuse Crunch
- B-Sens Present 2012-13 Player Awards - Binghamton Senators
- IceCaps Down Marlies 4-3 in a Shootout - Toronto Marlies
- IceCaps Edge Marlies in Shootout - St. John's IceCaps
- Henderson, Bang Reassigned to Milwaukee - Milwaukee Admirals
- Pirates Sign Chris Rawlings to Amateur Tryout Contract - Portland Pirates
- Monarchs Release O'Connor - Manchester Monarchs
- Defenseman Ben Blood Reassigned to Binghamton - Binghamton Senators
- Falcons Join Forces with Clear Channel Stations to Support 'The One Fund Boston' - Springfield Falcons
- Falcons Game Preview: Springfield at Adirondack, Game #76 - Springfield Falcons
- Pirates Battle Whale in Home Finale - Portland Pirates
- Rampage Unable to Contain Rockford, Fall 9-4 on Friday Night - San Antonio Rampage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.