Defenseman Ben Blood Reassigned to Binghamton
BINGHAMTON, N.Y. - The Binghamton Senators announced today that defenseman Ben Blood has been reassigned by the club's National Hockey League affiliate Ottawa Senators from the Elmira Jackals of the ECHL to Binghamton.
This is Blood's eighth reassignment to the B-Sens this season. The 24-year-old defenseman has appeared in 24 games with Binghamton, recording no points.
The 6-3, 232-pound Blood has scored one goal, one assist and amassed 23 penalty minutes in 32 regular season games with the Jackals. Blood's ECHL season came to an end when Elmira was defeated four games to two by the Florida Everblades in an Eastern Conference Quarterfinal playoff series that ended on April 15.
The B-Sens host the Hershey Bears tonight at 7:05 p.m. Tickets are $19 for side seating and $18 for end seating. Fans can purchase tickets through the B-Sens' executive office, Broome County Veterans Memorial Arena box office and all Ticketmaster outlets during normal business hours, by visiting www.ticketmaster.com, or by phone at 607-722-SENS (7367) and through Ticketmaster at 1-800-745-3000.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 20, 2013
- Home Dates Set for Griffins' First Round Series - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Heat Lose to Barons in Season Finale - Abbotsford Heat
- Texas Stunner, Hogs Battle Back for a 5-3 Win - Rockford IceHogs
- Rampage Drop 5-2 Decision to Houston on Fan Appreciation - San Antonio Rampage
- Crunch Capture Division Title with 4-3 Win over Sharks - Syracuse Crunch
- Big Noise in Phantoms Season Farewell - Adirondack Phantoms
- Monsters End Season on High Note with Shutout Win - Cleveland Monsters
- Texas Stars Clinch Top Seed in Western Conference in Spite of Loss - Texas Stars
- Griffins Blanked by Monsters - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rivermen Held in Check 5-0 - Peoria Rivermen
- Barons Open Calder Cup Playoffs at Home on April 26 - Oklahoma City Barons
- Falcons Complete Record Season In Fitting Fashion - Springfield Falcons
- Senators Hold off Bears - Hershey Bears
- Aeros Surge Past Rampage 5-2 - Houston Aeros
- Monarchs clinch seventh seed in Post-season; Win sixth straight game - Manchester Monarchs
- Penguins Downed by Monarchs in Regular Season Finale - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Sharks Battle for Three Goals in 3rd Period in 4-3 Shootout Loss - Worcester Sharks
- P-Bruins Shut out Sound Tigers 3-0 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- B-Sens Take Down Bears in Home Finale, 4-2 - Binghamton Senators
- Americans Defeat Bulldogs 5-1 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Portland defeats Whale - Connecticut Whale
- Albany Breaks Scoreless Stalemate Late, Shuts out Admirals 2-0 - Norfolk Admirals
- Lane Hat Trick Lifts Pirates over Whale - Portland Pirates
- Monarchs Head to 2013 Calder Cup Playoffs - Manchester Monarchs
- Wolves Eliminated from Playoff Hunt with 2-0 Loss to Milwaukee - Chicago Wolves
- Checkers Rout Peoria, Clinch Home Ice - Charlotte Checkers
- Bruins Shutout Sound Tigers - Providence Bruins
- Frazee, Devils Blank Admirals - Albany Devils
- Syracuse Crunch Announce Year End Award Winners - Syracuse Crunch
- B-Sens Present 2012-13 Player Awards - Binghamton Senators
- IceCaps Down Marlies 4-3 in a Shootout - Toronto Marlies
- IceCaps Edge Marlies in Shootout - St. John's IceCaps
- Henderson, Bang Reassigned to Milwaukee - Milwaukee Admirals
- Pirates Sign Chris Rawlings to Amateur Tryout Contract - Portland Pirates
- Monarchs Release O'Connor - Manchester Monarchs
- Defenseman Ben Blood Reassigned to Binghamton - Binghamton Senators
- Falcons Join Forces with Clear Channel Stations to Support 'The One Fund Boston' - Springfield Falcons
- Falcons Game Preview: Springfield at Adirondack, Game #76 - Springfield Falcons
- Pirates Battle Whale in Home Finale - Portland Pirates
- Rampage Unable to Contain Rockford, Fall 9-4 on Friday Night - San Antonio Rampage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.