B-Sens Present 2012-13 Player Awards
BINGHAMTON, N.Y. - The Binghamton Senators have announced the winners of the 2012-13 player awards that were presented in a special pre-game ceremony tonight as the B-Sens hosted the Hershey Bears at the Broome County Veterans Memorial Arena.
A total of seven awards were issued. The awards and corresponding winners are listed below.
- Most Valuable Player Derek Grant
- Top Defensive Forward Derek Grant
- Top Defenseman Mark Borowiecki
- Rookie of the Year Jean-Gabriel Pageau
- 7th Player Award Jean-Gabriel Pageau
- Man of the Year Hugh Jessiman
- Rocco J. Testani Star of the Year Robin Lehner
The Binghamton Senators will present the Best Plus-Minus award at the conclusion of the season as it is currently too close to call. Eric Gryba (plus-28) and Mark Borowiecki (plus-20) are the front runners for the award entering tonight's game versus Hershey.
The coaches select the winners of the MVP, Top Defensive Forward, Top Defenseman and Rookie of the Year awards. The players vote for the winner of the 7th Player Award.
In addition to the player awards, Pete Zalaffi was presented the second annual Hans Petersen Memorial Award in recognition of his support of the team.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 20, 2013
- Home Dates Set for Griffins' First Round Series - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Heat Lose to Barons in Season Finale - Abbotsford Heat
- Texas Stunner, Hogs Battle Back for a 5-3 Win - Rockford IceHogs
- Rampage Drop 5-2 Decision to Houston on Fan Appreciation - San Antonio Rampage
- Crunch Capture Division Title with 4-3 Win over Sharks - Syracuse Crunch
- Big Noise in Phantoms Season Farewell - Adirondack Phantoms
- Monsters End Season on High Note with Shutout Win - Cleveland Monsters
- Texas Stars Clinch Top Seed in Western Conference in Spite of Loss - Texas Stars
- Griffins Blanked by Monsters - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rivermen Held in Check 5-0 - Peoria Rivermen
- Barons Open Calder Cup Playoffs at Home on April 26 - Oklahoma City Barons
- Falcons Complete Record Season In Fitting Fashion - Springfield Falcons
- Senators Hold off Bears - Hershey Bears
- Aeros Surge Past Rampage 5-2 - Houston Aeros
- Monarchs clinch seventh seed in Post-season; Win sixth straight game - Manchester Monarchs
- Penguins Downed by Monarchs in Regular Season Finale - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Sharks Battle for Three Goals in 3rd Period in 4-3 Shootout Loss - Worcester Sharks
- P-Bruins Shut out Sound Tigers 3-0 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- B-Sens Take Down Bears in Home Finale, 4-2 - Binghamton Senators
- Americans Defeat Bulldogs 5-1 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Portland defeats Whale - Connecticut Whale
- Albany Breaks Scoreless Stalemate Late, Shuts out Admirals 2-0 - Norfolk Admirals
- Lane Hat Trick Lifts Pirates over Whale - Portland Pirates
- Monarchs Head to 2013 Calder Cup Playoffs - Manchester Monarchs
- Wolves Eliminated from Playoff Hunt with 2-0 Loss to Milwaukee - Chicago Wolves
- Checkers Rout Peoria, Clinch Home Ice - Charlotte Checkers
- Bruins Shutout Sound Tigers - Providence Bruins
- Frazee, Devils Blank Admirals - Albany Devils
- Syracuse Crunch Announce Year End Award Winners - Syracuse Crunch
- B-Sens Present 2012-13 Player Awards - Binghamton Senators
- IceCaps Down Marlies 4-3 in a Shootout - Toronto Marlies
- IceCaps Edge Marlies in Shootout - St. John's IceCaps
- Henderson, Bang Reassigned to Milwaukee - Milwaukee Admirals
- Pirates Sign Chris Rawlings to Amateur Tryout Contract - Portland Pirates
- Monarchs Release O'Connor - Manchester Monarchs
- Defenseman Ben Blood Reassigned to Binghamton - Binghamton Senators
- Falcons Join Forces with Clear Channel Stations to Support 'The One Fund Boston' - Springfield Falcons
- Falcons Game Preview: Springfield at Adirondack, Game #76 - Springfield Falcons
- Pirates Battle Whale in Home Finale - Portland Pirates
- Rampage Unable to Contain Rockford, Fall 9-4 on Friday Night - San Antonio Rampage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.