Americans Defeat Bulldogs 5-1
Rochester, New York - The Rochester Americans defeated the Hamilton Bulldogs 5-1 on Saturday night at Blue Cross Arena. Phil Varone and Luke Adam both notched a goal and added two assists for the Amerks.
The Americans opened the scoring at 18:41 of the opening frame on the power play as Nick Bailen let a big blast go which was redirected by Adam and flew over Hamilton Bulldogs starting goaltender Dustin Tokarski.
The Amerks made it 2-0 at 3:31 of the second stanza as Varone spun and shot and the puck was redirected by Daniel Catenacci over the shoulder of Tokarski for his first professional goal.
The 'Dogs got on the board at 10:13 of the second period on Olivier Archambault's first professional goal. Archambault beat a few defenders and his first shot was stopped but he buried his own rebound past Rochester Americans starting goaltender David Leggio.
The Americans restored their two-goal lead at 12:57 of the second frame on the power play as Adam took a blast from the far circle and the puck snuck through Tokarski and dropped to Varone who knocked it in.
Rochester took a 4-1 lead at 16:11 of the third period as Adam feathered a pass in front of the net to Maxime Legault who reached out and tipped the puck over the shoulder of Tokarski. The Americans made it 5-1 at 18:14 of the third as Catenacci threw the puck in front to Rankin who tapped it home behind Tokarski.
The Bulldogs' next game is against the Rochester Americans at Copps Coliseum tomorrow at 3:00 p.m. for Fan Appreciation Day. The game will air on Cable 14. All 'Dogs games will be broadcast on Hamilton's Funny 820 (AM 820). Fans can also listen to and watch all 'Dogs games on www.hamiltonbulldogs.com. Live coverage with the broadcast team of Play-By-Play Announcer Derek Wills (all home and away games) and Colour Commentator Al Craig (all home and select away games) will begin with the Pioneer Pre-Game Show 30 minutes prior to the scheduled start time.
For more information on how to join the Hamilton Bulldogs' team by becoming a season ticket holder, or for more information on Flex Pack tickets or group tickets, call 905-529-8500 or 1-866-DOGS-TIX, e-mail [email protected] or visit www.hamiltonbulldogs.com. 'Dogs single-game tickets are available at the Copps Coliseum Box Office, any Ticketmaster Outlet, online at www.ticketmaster.ca, or by calling 905-529-8500 or 1-866-DOGS-TIX.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 20, 2013
- Home Dates Set for Griffins' First Round Series - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Heat Lose to Barons in Season Finale - Abbotsford Heat
- Texas Stunner, Hogs Battle Back for a 5-3 Win - Rockford IceHogs
- Rampage Drop 5-2 Decision to Houston on Fan Appreciation - San Antonio Rampage
- Crunch Capture Division Title with 4-3 Win over Sharks - Syracuse Crunch
- Big Noise in Phantoms Season Farewell - Adirondack Phantoms
- Monsters End Season on High Note with Shutout Win - Cleveland Monsters
- Texas Stars Clinch Top Seed in Western Conference in Spite of Loss - Texas Stars
- Griffins Blanked by Monsters - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rivermen Held in Check 5-0 - Peoria Rivermen
- Barons Open Calder Cup Playoffs at Home on April 26 - Oklahoma City Barons
- Falcons Complete Record Season In Fitting Fashion - Springfield Falcons
- Senators Hold off Bears - Hershey Bears
- Aeros Surge Past Rampage 5-2 - Houston Aeros
- Monarchs clinch seventh seed in Post-season; Win sixth straight game - Manchester Monarchs
- Penguins Downed by Monarchs in Regular Season Finale - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Sharks Battle for Three Goals in 3rd Period in 4-3 Shootout Loss - Worcester Sharks
- P-Bruins Shut out Sound Tigers 3-0 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- B-Sens Take Down Bears in Home Finale, 4-2 - Binghamton Senators
- Americans Defeat Bulldogs 5-1 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Portland defeats Whale - Connecticut Whale
- Albany Breaks Scoreless Stalemate Late, Shuts out Admirals 2-0 - Norfolk Admirals
- Lane Hat Trick Lifts Pirates over Whale - Portland Pirates
- Monarchs Head to 2013 Calder Cup Playoffs - Manchester Monarchs
- Wolves Eliminated from Playoff Hunt with 2-0 Loss to Milwaukee - Chicago Wolves
- Checkers Rout Peoria, Clinch Home Ice - Charlotte Checkers
- Bruins Shutout Sound Tigers - Providence Bruins
- Frazee, Devils Blank Admirals - Albany Devils
- Syracuse Crunch Announce Year End Award Winners - Syracuse Crunch
- B-Sens Present 2012-13 Player Awards - Binghamton Senators
- IceCaps Down Marlies 4-3 in a Shootout - Toronto Marlies
- IceCaps Edge Marlies in Shootout - St. John's IceCaps
- Henderson, Bang Reassigned to Milwaukee - Milwaukee Admirals
- Pirates Sign Chris Rawlings to Amateur Tryout Contract - Portland Pirates
- Monarchs Release O'Connor - Manchester Monarchs
- Defenseman Ben Blood Reassigned to Binghamton - Binghamton Senators
- Falcons Join Forces with Clear Channel Stations to Support 'The One Fund Boston' - Springfield Falcons
- Falcons Game Preview: Springfield at Adirondack, Game #76 - Springfield Falcons
- Pirates Battle Whale in Home Finale - Portland Pirates
- Rampage Unable to Contain Rockford, Fall 9-4 on Friday Night - San Antonio Rampage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.