Durham Bulls Game Notes - Wednesday, August 29, 2018
Durham Bulls (74-58) at Charlotte Knights (61-72)
RHP Ryan Weber (8-6, 2.73) vs. RHP Jordan Stephens (3-6, 4.58)
The Durham Bulls took one step closer to clinching the South Division for the second consecutive season with a 4-3 victory at the Charlotte Knights on Tuesday night at BB&T Ballpark. Tonight, the Bulls go for the series win and a playoff-clinching victory with Ryan Weber on the mound for the Bulls opposite Jordan Stephens for the Knights. Weber has a 1-1 record with a 1.69 (16.0 IP, 3 ER), along with 17 strikeouts compared to two walks over three starts against the Knights this season. Stephens has gone 1-0 with a 1.64 ERA over two starts against the Bulls.
The Bulls look to take one step closer to clinching the South Division with one win or a Norfolk Tides loss needed to clinch their 14th IL South title in 21 seasons. First pitch is scheduled for 7:04 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from August 29, 2018
- Wiel Paces Red Wings' Win - Rochester Red Wings
- Clippers Clinch Series and Extend Lead in IL West - Columbus Clippers
- Bats Fall to Clippers, 7-1 - Louisville Bats
- Bulls Clinch I.L. South Division Behind Meadows' Three Homers - Durham Bulls
- Knights Drop Wednesday's Game to Bulls 9-4 - Charlotte Knights
- Devers Doubles in Pawtucket's 5-3 Victory - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Red Wings to Treat Wednesday's Tickets as Rain Checks - Rochester Red Wings
- King Keeps RailRiders Close, Setting up Walk-off Win - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Chiefs Fall to RailRiders, 2-1, Wednesday Night - Syracuse Mets
- Martin, Osuna Homers Lift Indians Past Hens - Indianapolis Indians
- Durham Bulls Game Notes - Wednesday, August 29, 2018 - Durham Bulls
- Stewart's Big Day Not Enough for Hens - Toledo Mud Hens
- Louisville Bats Notes: August 29 - Louisville Bats
- Knights Announce Three-Year Extension with 730 the Game ESPN Charlotte - Charlotte Knights
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Rochester (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- LHV Game Notes - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Bulls Host Final Four Games of 2018 Regular Season - Durham Bulls
- Tribe Set Franchise Record for Charitable Jersey Auctions - Indianapolis Indians
- First-Ever Farm-To-Field Set for September 14 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (70-64) vs. Toledo Mud Hens (69-64) - Indianapolis Indians
- Hernan Iribarren Moves into 3rd Place on Louisville's All-Time Hits List - Louisville Bats
- Food Lion Fall Fan Fest at Harbor Park 10 AM to 2 PM Saturday - Norfolk Tides
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.