Tribe Set Franchise Record for Charitable Jersey Auctions
INDIANAPOLIS - One of the prime promotions on the Indianapolis Indians schedule the past nine seasons, jersey auctions at Victory Field allow fans the opportunity to give to organizations with important causes while supporting the Tribe. In 2018, the Tribe raised a franchise record $49,304.30 on game-worn, signed jerseys with proceeds benefitting local nonprofit organizations.
"Our fans and corporate partners continue to support us in many ways, which extends to community organizations through promotions like theme night jersey auctions," said Randy Lewandowski, Indians president and general manager. "It's important we use our platform to shine a light on nonprofit partners doing important work for the residents of central Indiana. We're proud our fans have propelled us to such an impactful milestone."
Seven times this season, the Indians wore specialty jerseys customized to the theme of that day's game. Proceeds went to six different nonprofit organizations with designs ranging from super heroes like Black Panther and Wonder Woman to a Prospects Night jersey themed after the Tribe's big-league affiliate Pittsburgh Pirates.
Beneficiaries this year were Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Indiana (April 21 - Black Panther), Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Indiana (May 12 - Wonder Woman, August 11 - Batman and The Joker), Together We Rise (June 23 - Ant-Man), Indiana National Guard Relief Fund (July 4 - Stars & Stripes), Make-a-Wish (July 7 - Iron Man) and Shepherd Community Center (July 28 - Prospects Nights).
The Tribe's final homestand of the regular season continues today through Saturday, September 1. Fans have one more chance for day baseball today (Wednesday, August 29) with a Wednesday Day Game at Victory Field. The tap list for Thursday Craft Beer Night tomorrow night (Thursday, August 30) features Sun King Brewery, 18th Street Brewery and Founders Brewing Co.
The last weekend of the regular season includes back-to-back fireworks displays on Friday, August 31 and Saturday, September 1. Saturday is also Fan Appreciation Night when the Indians and Pepsi say thank you to fans by offering the chance to win an X-Box One, a TV, Beats headphones, Indians jerseys, t-shirts and more. All fans who enter the Victory Field gates for that night's game are entered to win prizes.
For tickets, visit IndyIndians.com or contact the Victory Field Box Office at (317) 269-2282 or Tickets@IndyIndians.com.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from August 29, 2018
- Wiel Paces Red Wings' Win - Rochester Red Wings
- Clippers Clinch Series and Extend Lead in IL West - Columbus Clippers
- Bats Fall to Clippers, 7-1 - Louisville Bats
- Bulls Clinch I.L. South Division Behind Meadows' Three Homers - Durham Bulls
- Knights Drop Wednesday's Game to Bulls 9-4 - Charlotte Knights
- Devers Doubles in Pawtucket's 5-3 Victory - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Red Wings to Treat Wednesday's Tickets as Rain Checks - Rochester Red Wings
- King Keeps RailRiders Close, Setting up Walk-off Win - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Chiefs Fall to RailRiders, 2-1, Wednesday Night - Syracuse Mets
- Martin, Osuna Homers Lift Indians Past Hens - Indianapolis Indians
- Durham Bulls Game Notes - Wednesday, August 29, 2018 - Durham Bulls
- Stewart's Big Day Not Enough for Hens - Toledo Mud Hens
- Louisville Bats Notes: August 29 - Louisville Bats
- Knights Announce Three-Year Extension with 730 the Game ESPN Charlotte - Charlotte Knights
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Rochester (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- LHV Game Notes - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Bulls Host Final Four Games of 2018 Regular Season - Durham Bulls
- Tribe Set Franchise Record for Charitable Jersey Auctions - Indianapolis Indians
- First-Ever Farm-To-Field Set for September 14 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (70-64) vs. Toledo Mud Hens (69-64) - Indianapolis Indians
- Hernan Iribarren Moves into 3rd Place on Louisville's All-Time Hits List - Louisville Bats
- Food Lion Fall Fan Fest at Harbor Park 10 AM to 2 PM Saturday - Norfolk Tides
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Indianapolis Indians Stories
- Best Pitching Performance, No. 5: James Marvel-Ed in Triple-A Debut
- Indianapolis Indians 2019 Season in Review
- Hayes, Craig Selected as 2019 Rawlings Gold Glove Award Winners
- Rowdie's Pumpkin Patch Coming to Victory Field
- Indianapolis Indians Announce New Hires