Hernan Iribarren Moves into 3rd Place on Louisville's All-Time Hits List
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Louisville Bats designated hitter Hernan Iribarren went 2-for-4 in Tuesday's 7-6 loss to the Columbus Clippers at Huntington Park, recording his 441st and 442nd career hits in a Louisville uniform, moving into sole possession of third place on the franchise hits list since Triple-A baseball came back to Louisville in 1982.
Iribarren 's leadoff single in the second inning moved him into a three-way tie for third place with Bill Lyons and Gene Roof. Iribarren moved past the former Louisville Redbirds on the franchise hits list with a double in the sixth inning, his second straight multi-hit game and fourth in his last five starts.
Louisville Redbirds/RiverBats/Bats - All-Time Hit Leaders (Since 1982)
Player Hits Games Years with Louisville
Aaron Holbert 471 501 1995-97, 2004-06
Kevin Barker 455 460 1998-99, 2008-09
HERNAN IRIBARREN 442 480 2014-pres.
Bill Lyons 441 544 1982-88
Gene Roof 441 382 1982-85
Corky Miller 416 548 2001-04, 2009-14
Iribarren, who is in his 15th season as a professional, has been in the Cincinnati Reds organization since the 2014 season. Iribarren has appeared in 480 games for the Bats over the past 5 seasons, also appearing in 24 games with the Reds in 2016. He won the International League batting title (.327) in 2016. Iribarren has 1,505 career hits as a minor leaguer, third among active players.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from August 29, 2018
- Wiel Paces Red Wings' Win - Rochester Red Wings
- Clippers Clinch Series and Extend Lead in IL West - Columbus Clippers
- Bats Fall to Clippers, 7-1 - Louisville Bats
- Bulls Clinch I.L. South Division Behind Meadows' Three Homers - Durham Bulls
- Knights Drop Wednesday's Game to Bulls 9-4 - Charlotte Knights
- Devers Doubles in Pawtucket's 5-3 Victory - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Red Wings to Treat Wednesday's Tickets as Rain Checks - Rochester Red Wings
- King Keeps RailRiders Close, Setting up Walk-off Win - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Chiefs Fall to RailRiders, 2-1, Wednesday Night - Syracuse Mets
- Martin, Osuna Homers Lift Indians Past Hens - Indianapolis Indians
- Durham Bulls Game Notes - Wednesday, August 29, 2018 - Durham Bulls
- Stewart's Big Day Not Enough for Hens - Toledo Mud Hens
- Louisville Bats Notes: August 29 - Louisville Bats
- Knights Announce Three-Year Extension with 730 the Game ESPN Charlotte - Charlotte Knights
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Rochester (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- LHV Game Notes - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Bulls Host Final Four Games of 2018 Regular Season - Durham Bulls
- Tribe Set Franchise Record for Charitable Jersey Auctions - Indianapolis Indians
- First-Ever Farm-To-Field Set for September 14 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (70-64) vs. Toledo Mud Hens (69-64) - Indianapolis Indians
- Hernan Iribarren Moves into 3rd Place on Louisville's All-Time Hits List - Louisville Bats
- Food Lion Fall Fan Fest at Harbor Park 10 AM to 2 PM Saturday - Norfolk Tides
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Louisville Bats Stories
- Game Notes: Louisville Bats (7-9) at Indianapolis Indians (9-5)
- Bats Win Series Opener at Victory Field, 3-2
- Game Notes: Louisville Bats (6-9) at Indianapolis Indians (9-4)
- Louisville Drops Rain-Shortened Game to Clippers, 8-5
- Game Notes: Columbus Clippers (8-5) at Louisville Bats (6-8)