Devils Fall in Overtime to Phantoms, 3-2
ALLENTOWN - The Binghamton Devils surrendered a two-goal lead in the third period in a 3-2 overtime loss to the host Lehigh Valley Phantoms on Saturday night from PPL Center.
Pavel Zacha made his mark on the game in the third period with both sides looking for the first goal. Zacha took a pass from Quenneville and fed Studenic for the lead. The goal was Studenic's fifth of the year from Zacha and Quenneville at 3:13 of the third.
Just over two minutes later, John Ramage scored from center ice on Alex Lyon to give the Devils a 2-0 lead at 5:56. The goal was Ramage's first of the year with assists from Michael Kapla and Studenic.
The Phantoms pulled their goaltender with 6:36 left in the game and converted at 13:59 to pull within one. Colin McDonald beat Mackenzie Blackwood from the point with the extra attacker on the ice for his first of the year.
With Lyon on the bench again, late in regulation, Phil Varone put home a TJ Brennan pass to force overtime with just 0:04 left in the third. In the extra time, Mike Vecchione scored with 0:59 left to give the Phantoms a 3-2 win in overtime.
Blackwood stopped 23 in the loss while Lyon put away 40 in the win.
The Devils hit the road Wednesday morning to take on the Bridgeport Sound Tigers at 10:30 a.m. before returning home Friday and Saturday night. Cash in on another Friday 4-Pack Night with four tickets, four hotdogs, and four sodas for $80. CLICK HERE. Saturday is Military Appreciation Night presented by Lockheed Martin and Stand With Me. All current or veteran military receive FREE tickets. CLICK HERE. Also, the Devils will wear special military jerseys to be auctioned off after the game to benefit the Southern Tier Honor Flight and Stand With Me.
For more information, including pricing, group outings, taking a limo to the game, fan experiences, and much more, visit www.binghamtondevils.com or call the Devils front office at 607-722-7367.
Images from this story
Binghamton Devils face off with the Lehigh Valley Phantoms
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 3, 2018
- Comeback Thriller: Phantoms Rally for Incredible Overtime Win - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Heat Fall to San Antonio But Stick It to Cancer by Raising Funds and Awareness - Stockton Heat
- Iowa Wins Its Fourth Straight Game, Edging Rockford 2-1 in Shootout - Iowa Wild
- Griffins Topple Division Leaders on Late Goal - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Chicago Tops Moose 4-1 - Manitoba Moose
- Penguins Lose to Wolf Pack, 3-2 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Crunch Pummel Senators, 6-1, for Weekend Sweep - Syracuse Crunch
- Devils Fall in Overtime to Phantoms, 3-2 - Binghamton Devils
- Kuhnhackl scores twice and adds an assist as Bridgeport hands Springfield its first regulation loss this season - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Four Unanswered Goals Gives Amerks 4-1 Win in Hershey - Rochester Americans
- Wolf Pack Earn 3-2 Win over Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Senators Fall to Crunch in Syracuse - Belleville Senators
- Americans Score Four Unanswered, Down Bears 4-1 - Hershey Bears
- T-Birds Can't Overcome Second Period Deficit in Bridgeport - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Macek, Wolves Whack Moose - Chicago Wolves
- Checkers Beat Bruins for 10th Win of the Season - Charlotte Checkers
- Checkers Complete Two-Game Sweep of P-Bruins with 3-2 Win - Providence Bruins
- Rocket Powerplay Hands Utica a 2-1 Loss in Overtime - Laval Rocket
- Jets Reassign Tucker Poolman to the Manitoba Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Comets Fall to Rocket in Overtime - Utica Comets
- Kossila Assigned to Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Ontario Reign Announce Roster Moves - Ontario Reign
- Win a Trip to Tampa Courtesy of Molson Canadian/Miller Lite and Byrne Dairy - Syracuse Crunch
- Colorado Avalanche Reassign Forward A.J. Greer to Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Blue Jackets Assign Left Wing Sonny Milano to Cleveland Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Game #10 Preview: Tucson at Colorado - Tucson Roadrunners
- Sens Add Racine on a PTO - Belleville Senators
- Reign Host Hockey Fights Cancer Tonight - Ontario Reign
- Stick It to Cancer Presented by Dignity Health St. Joseph's Medical Center Tonight at 6PM as Heat Host San Antonio - Stockton Heat
- Condors Patriotic Night Tonight at 7 PM - Bakersfield Condors
- Game Preview: Americans at Bears, 7:00 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Crunch, November 3 - Belleville Senators
- Rampage Open Road Trip with Loss to Barracuda - San Antonio Rampage
- Barracuda Notch Third Win in a Row, Sweep Rampage - San Jose Barracuda
- Moose Hold off Wolves 5-4 - Manitoba Moose
- Tucson Edged Late in Colorado; Falls 3-2 in Teams' Inaugural Meeting - Tucson Roadrunners
- Comets Defeat Rocket 3-1 - Laval Rocket
- Colorado Rallies to Defeat Roadrunners, 3-2 - Colorado Eagles
- Defense Shines But Griffins Fall in Shootout - Grand Rapids Griffins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Binghamton Devils Stories
- American Hockey League Cancels Remainder of 2019-20 Season
- Street Named Devils' 2019-20 IOA/American Specialty AHL Man of the Year
- Devils, Americans, Comets, and Crunch to Host Blood Drives
- AHL Suspends Season - Statement from the Binghamton Devils
- Devils Roll By Amerks, 5-2