Colorado Rallies to Defeat Roadrunners, 3-2
WINDSOR, CO. - Andrew Agozzino scored the game-winning goal late in the third period on the power play to give the Colorado Eagles a 3-2 victory over the Tucson Roadrunners on Friday. The goal gave Colorado its first lead of the night with just 2:34 remaining in the contest. Ty Lewis and Scott Kosmachuk each notched a goal and an assist in the contest. Pavel Francouz was stellar in net, stopping 27 of the 29 shots he faced on the night.
A Tucson power play would put the Roadrunners on the board at the 10:00 mark of the first period when defenseman Trevor Murphy skated through the top of the right circle before launching a wrist shot that would beat Francouz and give Tucson the 1-0 edge.
Colorado would knot the game just over four minutes later when a 2-on-1 rush would lead to a shot from the right-wing circle from Kosmachuk that would light the lamp and level the score at 1-1 with 5:51 left to play in the opening frame.
The second period would see the Roadrunners hop back on top when forward Lane Pederson snagged a cross-slot pass and tucked the puck into the back of the net to give Tucson a 2-1 advantage just 4:27 into the second stanza.
The Eagles would summon an answer yet again, this time on the power play, as Lewis would send a shot from the left circle off Roadrunners goaltender Hunter Miska and into the cage to tie the game at 2-2 with 6:19 remaining in the second period.
After a back-and-forth start to the third period of action, Colorado would earn a power play late in regulation when Kyle Capobianco was sent to the penalty box for tripping at the 16:52 mark of the final frame. The Eagles would seize the opportunity when Agozzino collected a rebound at the bottom of the left circle and fed the puck past Miska to give Colorado the 3-2 edge with just 2:34 left to play in the contest. Tucson would pull Miska in favor of the extra attacker, but Francouz and company would keep the Roadrunners off the scoresheet to secure the 3-2 win.
The Eagles finished the night going 2-for-6 on the power-play, while also killing off five of Tucson's six chances on the man-advantage, including two 5-on-3 opportunities.
The Eagles return to action on Saturday, November 3rd when they host the Tucson Roadrunners at the Budweiser Events Center at 7:05pm MT.
Single-game tickets for the 2018-19 season are on-sale now and start at just $18 per seat. Purchase your seats today by visiting the Budweiser Events Center box office, online at ColoradoEagles.com or by calling the Eagles ticketing department at 970-686-SHOT (7468).
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 3, 2018
- Comeback Thriller: Phantoms Rally for Incredible Overtime Win - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Heat Fall to San Antonio But Stick It to Cancer by Raising Funds and Awareness - Stockton Heat
- Iowa Wins Its Fourth Straight Game, Edging Rockford 2-1 in Shootout - Iowa Wild
- Griffins Topple Division Leaders on Late Goal - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Chicago Tops Moose 4-1 - Manitoba Moose
- Penguins Lose to Wolf Pack, 3-2 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Crunch Pummel Senators, 6-1, for Weekend Sweep - Syracuse Crunch
- Devils Fall in Overtime to Phantoms, 3-2 - Binghamton Devils
- Kuhnhackl scores twice and adds an assist as Bridgeport hands Springfield its first regulation loss this season - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Four Unanswered Goals Gives Amerks 4-1 Win in Hershey - Rochester Americans
- Wolf Pack Earn 3-2 Win over Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Senators Fall to Crunch in Syracuse - Belleville Senators
- Americans Score Four Unanswered, Down Bears 4-1 - Hershey Bears
- T-Birds Can't Overcome Second Period Deficit in Bridgeport - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Macek, Wolves Whack Moose - Chicago Wolves
- Checkers Beat Bruins for 10th Win of the Season - Charlotte Checkers
- Checkers Complete Two-Game Sweep of P-Bruins with 3-2 Win - Providence Bruins
- Rocket Powerplay Hands Utica a 2-1 Loss in Overtime - Laval Rocket
- Jets Reassign Tucker Poolman to the Manitoba Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Comets Fall to Rocket in Overtime - Utica Comets
- Kossila Assigned to Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Ontario Reign Announce Roster Moves - Ontario Reign
- Win a Trip to Tampa Courtesy of Molson Canadian/Miller Lite and Byrne Dairy - Syracuse Crunch
- Colorado Avalanche Reassign Forward A.J. Greer to Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Blue Jackets Assign Left Wing Sonny Milano to Cleveland Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Game #10 Preview: Tucson at Colorado - Tucson Roadrunners
- Sens Add Racine on a PTO - Belleville Senators
- Reign Host Hockey Fights Cancer Tonight - Ontario Reign
- Stick It to Cancer Presented by Dignity Health St. Joseph's Medical Center Tonight at 6PM as Heat Host San Antonio - Stockton Heat
- Condors Patriotic Night Tonight at 7 PM - Bakersfield Condors
- Game Preview: Americans at Bears, 7:00 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Crunch, November 3 - Belleville Senators
- Rampage Open Road Trip with Loss to Barracuda - San Antonio Rampage
- Barracuda Notch Third Win in a Row, Sweep Rampage - San Jose Barracuda
- Moose Hold off Wolves 5-4 - Manitoba Moose
- Tucson Edged Late in Colorado; Falls 3-2 in Teams' Inaugural Meeting - Tucson Roadrunners
- Comets Defeat Rocket 3-1 - Laval Rocket
- Colorado Rallies to Defeat Roadrunners, 3-2 - Colorado Eagles
- Defense Shines But Griffins Fall in Shootout - Grand Rapids Griffins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Eagles Stories
- Pot of Gold Fundraiser Begins with $30,000 Donation to Three-Year Old Cancer Patient
- Eagles Re-Sign Wegwerth to AHL Two-Way Contract
- Colorado Eagles Re-Sign Davis, Tischke
- Eagles Ink Pair of Defensemen in Abt, Scheid
- Pot of Gold Fundraiser Kicks off with Jersey Auction