Crunch Pummel Senators, 6-1, for Weekend Sweep
SYRACUSE, N.Y. - The Syracuse Crunch pummeled the Belleville Senators, 6-1, to complete a weekend sweep tonight at the War Memorial Arena.
Cory Conacher put up four points (2g. 2a), while Andy Andreoff contributed a goal and two assists. The win gives Syracuse back-to-back victories on home ice and improves the team to 4-5-0-0 on the season.
Syracuse goaltender Eddie Pasquale earned his second win of the season, turning aside 26-of-27. Filip Gustavsson allowed four goals on 13 shots before being chased from the game for the second straight night. His replacement, Jake Paterson, stopped 6-of-8. The Crunch went 1-for-6 on the power play and a perfect 4-for-4 on the penalty kill.
The Crunch first lit the lamp 3:37 into the game while on the man-advantage. Conacher started the play when he sent a feed up to Cal Foote at the point. The rookie defenseman faked a shot and redirected the puck into the left circle for Carter Verhaeghe to finish off.
Syracuse exploded in the second period, putting four goals before the Senators got on the board. Two minutes in, Mitch Hults picked up a drop pass from Matthew Spencer at the right wing boards and wristed in his first of the season. Jonne Tammela recorded the secondary helper. At the 7:18 mark, Andreoff cleaned up a rebound opportunity with the help of Alex Volkov and Conacher. Just 38 seconds later, Taylor Raddysh tipped Nolan Valleau's left point shot to build a 4-0 lead. Brady Brassart earned a point on the goal.
Conacher put the Crunch up by five at the 16:08 mark when he flew in to net Andreoff's centering feed from the slot. The secondary assist went to Ben Thomas. Belleville finally got on the board less than a minute later. Andreas Englund batted in a cross-crease feed from Chase Balisy.
Eight minutes into the third, Conacher potted his second of the game when he picked up a pass from Andreoff, circled around the top of the zone and fired from the high slot.
The Crunch travel to Rochester on Friday, Nov. 9 to face the Americans at Blue Cross Arena at 7:05 p.m.
Single game tickets and packages for the 2018-19 season are on sale now and can be purchased in person at the Crunch office located inside the War Memorial Arena at 800 S. State St. in Syracuse, by calling the office at 315-473-4444 or online through Ticketmaster. For the latest Crunch news, visit www.syracusecrunch.com or follow the club on Facebook (www.facebook.com/syracusecrunch), Twitter (@SyracuseCrunch) and Instagram (@syracusecrunch) using #SyrCrunch.
Crunchables: Cory Conacher recorded his fifth four-point game with the Crunch and first since Game 4 of the Eastern Conference Finals against Providence on May 26, 2017...Tonight was the fifth career three-point game for Andy Andreoff. He has 10 goals in his last 16 AHL games...Matthew Spencer earned his first career multi-point game...Taylor Raddysh is on a four-game point streak with three goals, two assists.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 3, 2018
- Comeback Thriller: Phantoms Rally for Incredible Overtime Win - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Heat Fall to San Antonio But Stick It to Cancer by Raising Funds and Awareness - Stockton Heat
- Iowa Wins Its Fourth Straight Game, Edging Rockford 2-1 in Shootout - Iowa Wild
- Griffins Topple Division Leaders on Late Goal - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Chicago Tops Moose 4-1 - Manitoba Moose
- Penguins Lose to Wolf Pack, 3-2 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Crunch Pummel Senators, 6-1, for Weekend Sweep - Syracuse Crunch
- Devils Fall in Overtime to Phantoms, 3-2 - Binghamton Devils
- Kuhnhackl scores twice and adds an assist as Bridgeport hands Springfield its first regulation loss this season - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Four Unanswered Goals Gives Amerks 4-1 Win in Hershey - Rochester Americans
- Wolf Pack Earn 3-2 Win over Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Senators Fall to Crunch in Syracuse - Belleville Senators
- Americans Score Four Unanswered, Down Bears 4-1 - Hershey Bears
- T-Birds Can't Overcome Second Period Deficit in Bridgeport - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Macek, Wolves Whack Moose - Chicago Wolves
- Checkers Beat Bruins for 10th Win of the Season - Charlotte Checkers
- Checkers Complete Two-Game Sweep of P-Bruins with 3-2 Win - Providence Bruins
- Rocket Powerplay Hands Utica a 2-1 Loss in Overtime - Laval Rocket
- Jets Reassign Tucker Poolman to the Manitoba Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Comets Fall to Rocket in Overtime - Utica Comets
- Kossila Assigned to Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Ontario Reign Announce Roster Moves - Ontario Reign
- Win a Trip to Tampa Courtesy of Molson Canadian/Miller Lite and Byrne Dairy - Syracuse Crunch
- Colorado Avalanche Reassign Forward A.J. Greer to Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Blue Jackets Assign Left Wing Sonny Milano to Cleveland Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Game #10 Preview: Tucson at Colorado - Tucson Roadrunners
- Sens Add Racine on a PTO - Belleville Senators
- Reign Host Hockey Fights Cancer Tonight - Ontario Reign
- Stick It to Cancer Presented by Dignity Health St. Joseph's Medical Center Tonight at 6PM as Heat Host San Antonio - Stockton Heat
- Condors Patriotic Night Tonight at 7 PM - Bakersfield Condors
- Game Preview: Americans at Bears, 7:00 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Crunch, November 3 - Belleville Senators
- Rampage Open Road Trip with Loss to Barracuda - San Antonio Rampage
- Barracuda Notch Third Win in a Row, Sweep Rampage - San Jose Barracuda
- Moose Hold off Wolves 5-4 - Manitoba Moose
- Tucson Edged Late in Colorado; Falls 3-2 in Teams' Inaugural Meeting - Tucson Roadrunners
- Comets Defeat Rocket 3-1 - Laval Rocket
- Colorado Rallies to Defeat Roadrunners, 3-2 - Colorado Eagles
- Defense Shines But Griffins Fall in Shootout - Grand Rapids Griffins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Syracuse Crunch Stories
- Alex Barre-Boulet Named to 2019-20 AHL Second All-Star Team
- Syracuse Crunch Statement Regarding the Cancellation of the Remainder of the 2019-20 Season
- Tampa Bay Lightning Re-Sign Forward Daniel Walcott to One-Year Contract
- Daniel Walcott Named Syracuse Crunch's 2019-20 IOA/American Specialty AHL Man of the Year
- Syracuse Crunch, Utica Comets, Binghamton Devils, Rochester Americans Partner with American Red Cross to Announce New York Hockey Gives Blood