Dallas Stars Sign Goaltender Jake Oettinger to Three-Year, Entry-Level Contract
FRISCO, Texas - Dallas Stars General Manager Jim Nill announced today that the club has signed goaltender Jake Oettinger to a three-year, entry-level contract. Oettinger will report to the Texas Stars on an amateur tryout for the remainder of the 2018-19 season.
Oettinger, 20, posted a 16-16-4 record with a .926 save percentage, a 2.45 goals-against average and four shutouts in 36 games with Boston University in his junior season. Oettinger was tied for 10th in the NCAA in save percentage (.926) and shutouts (4) in 2018-19, while his 1,076 saves this season rank third-most in program history. The goaltender has logged a 58-39-11 record with a 2.34 GAA, a .923 SV% and 13 shutouts in 108 career NCAA games. Oettinger concludes his Boston University career tied for first in program history with 13 shutouts, while he ranks second with a .923 SV%, fourth with a 2.34 GAA and fifth with 58 wins in three seasons.
While at Boston University, Oettinger was named Hockey East Top Performer 16 times, was named Hockey East Defensive Player of the Week five times and earned Hockey East Player of the Week honors once. The two-time Hockey East Rookie of the Week was also named to the 2017 Hockey East All-Rookie Team as well as being named a 2017 Hockey East Second Team All-Star. Oettinger was named the 2018 Hockey East Tournament MVP after backstopping Boston University to the 2018 Hockey East Tournament title, while also being named to the 2018 Hockey East All-Tournament Team.
Oettinger has also represented the United States on the international stage five times at the IIHF World Junior Championships. The netminder helped Team USA win gold in 2017 (U20) and 2015 (U18), while he also earned bronze in 2018 (U20) and 2016 (U18).
The 6-foot-5, 220-pound native of Lakeville, Minn. was selected by Dallas in the first round (26th overall) of the 2017 NHL Draft.
The Texas Stars are the primary development affiliate of the NHL's Dallas Stars, and continue their home stand on Wednesday, March 27 at 7:00 p.m. facing the Manitoba Moose. Ticket packages for the 2019-20 campaign are on sale now. For more information or to renew your seats, call (512) GO-STARS (467-8277) or visitTexasStars.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 25, 2019
- Week 25 Report: Hogs Win 1 of 3 in Tight Divisional Race - Rockford IceHogs
- Wolves Insider: Playoff Clincher Nears - Chicago Wolves
- Anaheim Ducks Assign Goaltender Olle Eriksson Ek to San Diego Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Ontario Reign Announce Roster Moves - Ontario Reign
- Lashoff Returns to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Lewis Reassigned to ECHL's Utah Grizzlies - Colorado Eagles
- Defender Jonas Siegenthaler Recalled by Washington - Hershey Bears
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: March 25 - Manitoba Moose
- Blackhawks Agree to Terms with Krys, Assign Him to Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Amerks Weekly - Rochester Americans
- Rampage Announce Roster Moves - San Antonio Rampage
- First Place Condors Home Wednesday and Saturday - Bakersfield Condors
- Amerks Recall Pair from Cyclones - Rochester Americans
- Beaudin, Falk, Reflect on CHL Championships - Belleville Senators
- WWE Hall of Famer Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat to Attend Syracuse Crunch Game April 12 - Syracuse Crunch
- Moose Release Goaltender Byron Spriggs - Manitoba Moose
- Dansk Earns AHL Player of the Week Honor - Chicago Wolves
- Wolf Pack Weekly, March 25-31 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Chicago's Oscar Dansk Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Greg Chase Signed to PTO, Drew Melanson Returned to Maine of ECHL - Hartford Wolf Pack
- 2020 AHL All-Star Classic Tickets on Sale April 3 - Ontario Reign
- Dallas Stars Sign Goaltender Jake Oettinger to Three-Year, Entry-Level Contract - Texas Stars
- 2020 AHL All-Star Classic Tickets on Sale April 3 - AHL
- Tyler Lewington Re-Assigned to Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Watson, Salomaki Assigned to Admirals - Milwaukee Admirals
- Sens Set for Final Three Weeks - Belleville Senators
- Roadrunners Strike in Final Seconds to Secure 2-1 Win, Weekend Sweep - Tucson Roadrunners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.