Lashoff Returns to Grand Rapids
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. - The Detroit Red Wings on Monday assigned defenseman Brian Lashoff to the Grand Rapids Griffins.
Lashoff made his season debut with Detroit during the team's 2-1 win against the New York Islanders on March 16 and appeared in four games, notching one assist and two penalty minutes while averaging 13:40 of ice time. Originally signed as an undrafted free agent by Detroit, the 28-year-old has skated in 127 career games with the Red Wings since 2012-13, picking up 14 points (2-12-14) and 59 PIM. He became the 126th Griffins alumnus to play in the NHL when he debuted with Detroit and netted his first goal in the same game on Jan. 21, 2013 at Columbus. Lashoff made his Stanley Cup Playoff debut in 2013 and has appeared in eight postseason tilts.
In 44 games with the Griffins this season, Lashoff has totaled 11 points (0-11-11), a plus-eight rating and 25 PIM. The 6-foot-3, 221-pound blueliner has played in 444 regular season games with Grand Rapids - the second-most in franchise history - since debuting with the club during the 2008-09 campaign and has tallied 95 points (21-74-95), a plus-24 rating and 219 PIM. One of only three players to be a part of both the 2017 and 2013 Calder Cup championships, Lashoff has produced 19 points (5-14-19), a plus-one rating and 34 PIM in 73 Calder Cup Playoff contests, which also places second in the club's record book.
A native of Albany, N.Y., Lashoff helped the United States win the gold medal at the 2010 IIHF World Junior Championship after notching two assists in seven games.
The Griffins conclude their season-high six-game road trip on Tuesday against the Iowa Wild at 8 p.m. EDT.
Single-game tickets are currently on sale. Fans can secure their full-season, select-season or group ticket packages by calling (616) 774-4585 ext. 2 or visit griffinshockey.com for more information.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 25, 2019
- Week 25 Report: Hogs Win 1 of 3 in Tight Divisional Race - Rockford IceHogs
- Wolves Insider: Playoff Clincher Nears - Chicago Wolves
- Anaheim Ducks Assign Goaltender Olle Eriksson Ek to San Diego Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Ontario Reign Announce Roster Moves - Ontario Reign
- Lashoff Returns to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Lewis Reassigned to ECHL's Utah Grizzlies - Colorado Eagles
- Defender Jonas Siegenthaler Recalled by Washington - Hershey Bears
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: March 25 - Manitoba Moose
- Blackhawks Agree to Terms with Krys, Assign Him to Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Amerks Weekly - Rochester Americans
- Rampage Announce Roster Moves - San Antonio Rampage
- First Place Condors Home Wednesday and Saturday - Bakersfield Condors
- Amerks Recall Pair from Cyclones - Rochester Americans
- Beaudin, Falk, Reflect on CHL Championships - Belleville Senators
- WWE Hall of Famer Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat to Attend Syracuse Crunch Game April 12 - Syracuse Crunch
- Moose Release Goaltender Byron Spriggs - Manitoba Moose
- Dansk Earns AHL Player of the Week Honor - Chicago Wolves
- Wolf Pack Weekly, March 25-31 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Chicago's Oscar Dansk Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Greg Chase Signed to PTO, Drew Melanson Returned to Maine of ECHL - Hartford Wolf Pack
- 2020 AHL All-Star Classic Tickets on Sale April 3 - Ontario Reign
- Dallas Stars Sign Goaltender Jake Oettinger to Three-Year, Entry-Level Contract - Texas Stars
- 2020 AHL All-Star Classic Tickets on Sale April 3 - AHL
- Tyler Lewington Re-Assigned to Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Watson, Salomaki Assigned to Admirals - Milwaukee Admirals
- Sens Set for Final Three Weeks - Belleville Senators
- Roadrunners Strike in Final Seconds to Secure 2-1 Win, Weekend Sweep - Tucson Roadrunners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.